48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by VietStar

Kingcrux, / and ÷ are the same signs for division.

Did I say otherwise? It's you who can't read a simple math problem properly. Again, the only way you're gonna get 288 is if 48(9+3)÷2 but the OG problem is [h3]48÷2(9+3) [/h3]

Kingcrux, / and ÷ are the same signs for division.

Did I say otherwise? It's you who can't read a simple math problem properly. Again, the only way you're gonna get 288 is if 48(9+3)÷2 but the OG problem is [h3]48÷2(9+3) [/h3]

From MYALGEBRA.com

48÷2(9+3)
Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

48/2(9+3)

Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

I'm running with this... Wolfram Alfa sounds way too german 
laugh.gif

Team2 
glasses.gif

It is the same thing; you would still get 288, which is the correct answer if this equation were on an exam for school.

From MYALGEBRA.com

48÷2(9+3)
Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

48/2(9+3)

Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

laugh.gif

Team2 
glasses.gif

It is the same thing; you would still get 288, which is the correct answer if this equation were on an exam for school.

This is useless. For the people who continue to say the answer is 2, I really don't know how you guys got through middle school. This kind of stuff is very basic; all you 2 sayers are just making it harder for yourselves. If you guys ask your college math professors or high school teachers, I'm sure 99% of them will say the answer is 288. But yeah, continue to believe in whatever theories that "float your boat." There's no good in going back and forth when one's opinions are already set in stone.
It's useless because you can't even refute the notes that I posted. You can't even tell the difference between the two problems.

This is useless. For the people who continue to say the answer is 2, I really don't know how you guys got through middle school. This kind of stuff is very basic; all you 2 sayers are just making it harder for yourselves. If you guys ask your college math professors or high school teachers, I'm sure 99% of them will say the answer is 288. But yeah, continue to believe in whatever theories that "float your boat." There's no good in going back and forth when one's opinions are already set in stone.
It's useless because you can't even refute the notes that I posted. You can't even tell the difference between the two problems.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. 

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. 

laugh.gif

Now you're just trolling. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Now you're just trolling. 
eyes.gif

^No, you're wrong. 48÷2(9+3) does equal 48/2(9+3). Anyone who knows how to do "proper" math will tell you that both equations are the same and the answer for both is 288.
Are you now mad that you have to resort to call another member a "troll?"

^No, you're wrong. 48÷2(9+3) does equal 48/2(9+3). Anyone who knows how to do "proper" math will tell you that both equations are the same and the answer for both is 288.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. 
Again...

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. 
Again...

^No, you're wrong. Anyone who knows how to do "proper" math will tell you that both equations are the same and the answer for both is 288.

Troll. 
eyes.gif

^No, you're wrong. Anyone who knows how to do "proper" math will tell you that both equations are the same and the answer for both is 288.

Troll. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by BC2310

From MYALGEBRA.com

48÷2(9+3)
Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

48/2(9+3)

Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

laugh.gif

Team2 
glasses.gif
To the uneducated, those two problems are one and the same!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BC2310

From MYALGEBRA.com

48÷2(9+3)
Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

48/2(9+3)

Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

laugh.gif

Team2 
glasses.gif
To the uneducated, those two problems are one and the same!
laugh.gif

VietStar wrote:
Why would I be? If anything I feel sorry for people like you. You're a troll because all you do is say "You're wrong! You're wrong!" without providing anything to back up your WRONG answer. 

VietStar wrote:
Why would I be? If anything I feel sorry for people like you. You're a troll because all you do is say "You're wrong! You're wrong!" without providing anything to back up your WRONG answer. 

120 pages??? seriously? If this thread gets to 288 pages, then 288 is the answer, until then the answer is 2.

120 pages??? seriously? If this thread gets to 288 pages, then 288 is the answer, until then the answer is 2.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. 
Again...

You're changing the problem. There is no way in hell that the sign makes a difference in the problem. They BOTH mean divide.
1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

Does it not????

The signs are the exact same. 

Follow the steps.

Add what is parentheses first.

Now you are left with 48/2(12) or 48 Ã· 2(12)

E

M or D

A or S

Left to right.

Divide first. 48/2 = 24 or, if you prefer, 48÷2 = 24

Multiply last, 24 x 12 = 288. 

You are the king of trolls. 

Back
Top Bottom