48÷2(9+3) = ???

I'm sure its been posted somewhere in the past 120 pages, but what do you get when you check your answer Team 288?

Solve for x:

48/x(9+3)=288

If x=/=2 then 288 is wrong.
And show your work. You don't get full credit if you don't.

Originally Posted by BC2310

From MYALGEBRA.com

48÷2(9+3)
Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

48/2(9+3)

Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

I'm running with this... Wolfram Alfa sounds way too german 
laugh.gif

Team2 
glasses.gif

288ers please respond to this. myalgebra.com got dat software sons 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by BC2310

From MYALGEBRA.com

48÷2(9+3)
Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

48/2(9+3)

Simplify:

math_image.aspx

Answer:

I'm running with this... Wolfram Alfa sounds way too german 
laugh.gif

Team2 
glasses.gif

288ers please respond to this. myalgebra.com got dat software sons 
glasses.gif

I'm sure its been posted somewhere in the past 120 pages, but what do you get when you check your answer Team 288?

Solve for x:

48/x(9+3)=288

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

You're changing the problem. There is no way in hell that the sign makes a difference in the problem. They BOTH mean divide.
1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

Does it not????

The signs are the exact same. 

Follow the steps.

Add what is parentheses first.

Now you are left with 48/2(12) or 48 Ã· 2(12)

E

M or D

A or S

Left to right.

Divide first. 48/2 = 24 or, if you prefer, 48÷2 = 24

Multiply last, 24 x 12 = 288. 

You are the king of trolls. 

Go study fractions first before you post again. The example you posted is totally different from the original problem. I didn't change anything. You just don't know how to read [h3]48÷2(9+3) properly.[/h3]

How is my example totally different? All I did was add the 9 and the 3 first. Are you not supposed to do that? Does the addition sign represent something else now?
Me study fractions? 
roll.gif

You need your mod status revoked if you can't solve a math problem as simple as this one. 
I'm talking about THIS EXAMPLE you posted.
1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

eyes.gif

Yeah that sounds fun so I don't have to hold back and say what I really think about people like you. I solved it in my head easy. I know you had to use a calculator and Google to verify your wrong answer.
laugh.gif

You're changing the problem. There is no way in hell that the sign makes a difference in the problem. They BOTH mean divide.
1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

Does it not????

The signs are the exact same. 

Follow the steps.

Add what is parentheses first.

Now you are left with 48/2(12) or 48 Ã· 2(12)

E

M or D

A or S

Left to right.

Divide first. 48/2 = 24 or, if you prefer, 48÷2 = 24

Multiply last, 24 x 12 = 288. 

You are the king of trolls. 

Go study fractions first before you post again. The example you posted is totally different from the original problem. I didn't change anything. You just don't know how to read [h3]48÷2(9+3) properly.[/h3]

How is my example totally different? All I did was add the 9 and the 3 first. Are you not supposed to do that? Does the addition sign represent something else now?
Me study fractions? 
roll.gif

You need your mod status revoked if you can't solve a math problem as simple as this one. 
1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

eyes.gif

Yeah that sounds fun so I don't have to hold back and say what I really think about people like you. I solved it in my head easy. I know you had to use a calculator and Google to verify your wrong answer.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Krux, post up a picture of you inputting 48÷2(9+3) into your calculator and the result. If it comes out to 2, I'll defect to Team 2. 
You can stay with 288. I already posted 4 different notes showing why 288 is the wrong answer. I'm not after converting people here. Just sharing the correct answer.

Figures.
laugh.gif

You'll go as far as posting up 4 different handwritten notes but won't take a mere 7 seconds to input a simple calculation into your calculator. 

Admit defeat. 
Not mine BUT YOU LOSE since you're only after seeing a calculator with this answer.

Like I said, stick with team 288.

eyes.gif

Kingcrux, calling people "uneducated" when they have the correct answer while, you yourself have the wrong answer, is very "trollish" if you ask me. Your opinions do not equal facts. Ask college professors or math geniuses, the answer would most likely be 288. This type of equation is basic mathematics that most kids learn in middle school, and I had done hundreds back in middle/high school and rarely got them wrong. Only people like yourself or idiots would get these types of problems wrong.

Krux, post up a picture of you inputting 48÷2(9+3) into your calculator and the result. If it comes out to 2, I'll defect to Team 2. 
You can stay with 288. I already posted 4 different notes showing why 288 is the wrong answer. I'm not after converting people here. Just sharing the correct answer.

Figures.
laugh.gif

You'll go as far as posting up 4 different handwritten notes but won't take a mere 7 seconds to input a simple calculation into your calculator. 

Admit defeat. 
Not mine BUT YOU LOSE since you're only after seeing a calculator with this answer.

eyes.gif

Kingcrux, calling people "uneducated" when they have the correct answer while, you yourself have the wrong answer, is very "trollish" if you ask me. Your opinions do not equal facts. Ask college professors or math geniuses, the answer would most likely be 288. This type of equation is basic mathematics that most kids learn in middle school, and I had done hundreds back in middle/high school and rarely got them wrong. Only people like yourself or idiots would get these types of problems wrong.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Solve for x:

48/x(9+3)=288

48/x (12) = 288
Multiply both sides by x

48(12) = 288x

576 = 288x

Divide both sides by 288

X=2

kingcrux31 wrote:
CertifiedSW wrote:
kingcrux31 wrote:

Me study fractions? 
roll.gif

1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

I was using that example to prove that the division signs mean the exact same thing. Yes, I'm going to use a calculator to verify my answer just like any other intelligent person would do. 
laugh.gif
 People like me, huh? People who know how to do math?

And like I said about the calculator, please use one that was made recently not 40 years ago. Please use an updated TI calculator, plug in the equation and post a picture.

Also, why on the calculator do they have the division sign yet when you press the button a "/" comes out of it?

Hmmm, maybe cause they're the exact same thing. 

Solve for x:

48/x(9+3)=288

48/x (12) = 288
Multiply both sides by x

48(12) = 288x

576 = 288x

Divide both sides by 288

X=2

kingcrux31 wrote:
CertifiedSW wrote:
kingcrux31 wrote:

Me study fractions? 
roll.gif

1/2 = 0.5

1÷ 2 = 0.5

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

I was using that example to prove that the division signs mean the exact same thing. Yes, I'm going to use a calculator to verify my answer just like any other intelligent person would do. 
laugh.gif
 People like me, huh? People who know how to do math?

And like I said about the calculator, please use one that was made recently not 40 years ago. Please use an updated TI calculator, plug in the equation and post a picture.

Also, why on the calculator do they have the division sign yet when you press the button a "/" comes out of it?

Hmmm, maybe cause they're the exact same thing. 

Originally Posted by VietStar

eyes.gif

^No, you're wrong. 48÷2(9+3) does equal 48/2(9+3). Anyone who knows how to do "proper" math will tell you that both equations are the same and the answer for both is 288.
Are you now mad that you have to resort to call another member a "troll?"

nah bro, the first problem is a division problem, the second problem is a multiplication problem.

in the first one, you are dividing 48 and the 2(9+3)

the second one you are multiplying 48/2 and (9+3)

eyes.gif

^No, you're wrong. 48÷2(9+3) does equal 48/2(9+3). Anyone who knows how to do "proper" math will tell you that both equations are the same and the answer for both is 288.

nah bro, the first problem is a division problem, the second problem is a multiplication problem.

Figures.
laugh.gif

Admit defeat. 

eyes.gif

Why not yours? 
laugh.gif

Something wrong with yours? Is it because it's not a Casio? Is it because the answer that will consistently show up is 288? 
laugh.gif

Oh and btw, 

usainboltisfast wrote:

This order is generally clear and unambiguous but problems do occur. One problem is a bug in Casio calculators made before 2007. For example, the expression
impliedgroupings_html_m59b0ce2b.gif
should evaluate to 16 according to the order of operations. The division should be done first. It is evaluated incorrectly to 1 by earlier Casio calculators. If you instead enter 
impliedgroupings_html_m4431392a.gif
the Casio will give the correct answer. TI calculators do not have this problem. Casio has fixed this problem in newer calculators.

http://www.imperial.edu/~...es/impliedgroupings.html

That Casio up there is defected. 

Figures.
laugh.gif

Admit defeat. 

eyes.gif

Why not yours? 
laugh.gif

Something wrong with yours? Is it because it's not a Casio? Is it because the answer that will consistently show up is 288? 
laugh.gif

Oh and btw, 

usainboltisfast wrote:

This order is generally clear and unambiguous but problems do occur. One problem is a bug in Casio calculators made before 2007. For example, the expression
impliedgroupings_html_m59b0ce2b.gif
should evaluate to 16 according to the order of operations. The division should be done first. It is evaluated incorrectly to 1 by earlier Casio calculators. If you instead enter 
impliedgroupings_html_m4431392a.gif
the Casio will give the correct answer. TI calculators do not have this problem. Casio has fixed this problem in newer calculators.

http://www.imperial.edu/~...es/impliedgroupings.html

That Casio up there is defected. 

Solve for x:

48/x(9+3)=288

48/x(9+3)=288

48/x(12)=288

48(12)=288x

576=288x

576/288=x

x=2

not sure if i see the point of this exercise

Solve for x:

48/x(9+3)=288

48/x(9+3)=288

48/x(12)=288

48(12)=288x

576=288x

576/288=x

x=2

not sure if i see the point of this exercise

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by do work son

Back
Top Bottom