52% of Young Adults (18-29) Live W/ Their Parents: The Highest Rate Ever Surpassing Even the Great Depression

It’s actually not anymore. A lot of cities like Atlanta, Charlotte, Austin, Houston are creeping up there in price. I just saw that the average 1 bedroom is like $1650 now in Atlanta. I remember back in 2017 when I wanted to move there, it was like $1100-1200. Everywhere that ain’t basically bumb**** Oklahoma is getting expensive af.
Yup the “value” ATL once had is gone , Houston is on its way too …The “just move down south for less” thing these days gon have you somewhere you would pay extra to move back out of :lol:

Why is this news to anybody?

Let’s say there is a list of 10 things that make up what makes a country great. We decided that security / strength is what our focus is as a country. And we are by and far away by a country mile the most “secure” country in the world. We bring stability to an otherwise unstable world.

Since resources, intellectual manpower, etc are limited we’ve done this by sacrificing items 2-10.

I’ll take the security over “quality of life” because as flawed as the US is we’re still the ones with the biggest stick. And humans are violent combative people and having the biggest stick goes a long way. Its sacrificing quality of life for safety of having the most secure country.

We want to stop spending on defense, shift our collective mentality to a more holistic and hippie mentality, and refocus on all the other stuff we can do that too. We’ve clearly chosen not to since that’s not what people are voting for / demanding long term change. Literally if we took 10 years off from defense and said let’s just rebuild our infrastructure we could easily do it. We really would rather live in a broken down city with zero fear of foreign nations than in a beautiful city with even a 5% fear of some other nation.

I live with my people right now. Did the whole "get a good job, move out, get a gf and (try to) build" ****.
The area i live in isnt desirable enough in my eyes to compensate for the absurd COL. I rather keep the money in my household than pay somebody else to live in their ****, on a side of town i have no ties or real business being in, other than its because its all i can afford.

It’s nowhere close to 75% lol

Greater Toronto Area is ~6M

Population of Canada is ~38M

75% is an exaggerated number, but there's a huge disparity in population distribution across the country. Can't deny that at all...

maxresdefault.jpg

The international buyer thing is totally fake news.

we are not building enough housing to keep up with supply, any explanation to the contrary is just excuse making.
if you got rid of every single international buyer we'd be in the same situation.

From what I've seen and heard from people I know who are personally doing this, it's true. A lot of people I do business with internationally have all done this.

From what I've seen and heard from people I know who are personally doing this, it's true. A lot of people I do business with internationally have all done this.

im not saying people aren't doing this,

im nigerian, multiple people in my family have done/are doing this. im saying it doesn't matter all that much.
banning foreign investment is not going to have a significant impact on price.

its 99% a supply issue.

Not only that, but if he can buy a piece or link that cost that much, it doesn't look like he would spend the money into moving out. So hes pretty hypocritical. Besides, people laughed at him while his mother couldn't move around in the apartment or use the bathroom, cause of his collection. His priorities are not financially independent at his age. He will milk that apartment. And he gets by with his truck job. Not defending dude, but he does think he has it better. And he don't care. So that does make other people dislike dude. Ignorant, racist, and some other stuff.

I really tolerated a lot of what ninjahood ninjahood said, but the racist stuff was where I drew the line.

Parents used to make you leave home to be your own person and now they allow it in their homes. I used to have sneak women in the house when I was in high school and now parents will let the gf or bf sleep over..

Parents used to make you leave home to be your own person and now they allow it in their homes. I used to have sneak women in the house when I was in high school and now parents will let the gf or bf sleep over..
Thats not even a “now” thing. YOU just know about it now because of the internet.

Makes complete sense..

the prices of houses have gone up, costs of living in general has gone up.. and salaries haven’t followed on the same level

also school obligations and costs have gone up to an absurd degree

I don’t think you should just dump your kids at 18 years old.

I had to rent a place making min wage and that lasted all of two months before I said f this and started hustling 🌲 then that’s all I did for 10 years. Career wasn’t even a concern. :lol:

I won’t do that to my daughter, figure out what you want to do and do that. I’m not just going to say “well you’re 18 now, I’ve done all I can do. You’re on your own. 👋

You said it was problem, rather asked why I thought it was problem. I'm just offering an observation as to why the situation exists.
No. Reread that.

And that’s a problem because…?
Because 52% of 18-28yo live with their parents.

Back
Top Bottom