52% of Young Adults (18-29) Live W/ Their Parents: The Highest Rate Ever Surpassing Even the Great Depression

Possible housing market crash or nah?

Sold my crib back in Jan thinking we were already on the cusp of that bust and it's crazy how it hasn't happened yet.

Figured I'd have a new crib by April/May but I didn't find one until a couple weeks ago. And that was with me getting lucky with a crib that wasn't even on the market. Living in a one BR studio with a wife and four kids for 9+ months wasn't it:lol:

Last edited:
There’s a lot of arrested development taking place (I think economics and changes in the way we socialize are both equal factors) so a lot of young people aren even aware or thinking about some of this. Times are completely different. Things literally changed rapidly in the past 5 years

It all depends on the young person imo. I didnt get ooped anything and I'm in a home and dont think I'm a special case. I did buy a home before I had a sneaker collection tho so I'm adept at the broke boi life :lol: it's not impossible but much easier if you got support.
They’ll be a lot of individual situations. Fact is, it’s rigged against younger people

I think it’s possible bro. Probably not be in the city you want, but it’s def doable. I work in LA and no way in hell I could afford **** nearby. I have to drive 60 miles one way. It suck aas but got to do what you go to do. I have roommates too so they help pay and I’m getting the equity.
Or i could of gone to Texas or Az. Everyone’s situation is different though so it can’t be said for all.
That’s the problem tho, you shouldn’t have to live that far out from the city or move to a whole other state to buy a crib…For the longest time it wasn’t like this but now ppl coming up are being punished for things they had nothing to do with or can’t control, just bad luck being born after the 70’s when it comes to rent/housing prices :smh:

That’s true bro. But you go to pay luxury prices for living in the city. Especially LA next to a lot of crap.

That’s the problem tho, you shouldn’t have to live that far out from the city or move to a whole other state to buy a crib…For the longest time it wasn’t like this but now ppl coming up are being punished for things they had nothing to do with or can’t control, just bad luck being born after the 70’s when it comes to rent/housing prices :smh:

Exactly. Imagine being born and raised in Atlanta, LA, Houston, Miami, NY but then turn 25 and be told you need to move to Iowa or Nebraska because of affordability:lol: :lol:

That’s true bro. But you go to pay luxury prices for living in the city. Especially LA next to a lot of crap.

America pushes this whole “luxury” nonsense when some of these so called luxurious cities, aren’t even luxury. I live in Fort Lauderdale, do construction. They’ve created bike lanes or narrowed some streets with medians for plants and whatnot, but the steets themselves and neighboring plazas are TRASH.

Fort Lauderdale beach literally looks like trash. Most the buildings are old, the restaurants look old and dilapidated. But talking about luxury? Please.

A lot these cosmopolitan cities have huge issues with trash pollution and infrastructure.

There’s a reason that big infrastructure bill is on the verge of passing.

America pushes this whole “luxury” nonsense when some of these so called luxurious cities, aren’t even luxury. I live in Fort Lauderdale, do construction. They’ve created bike lanes or narrowed some streets with medians for plants and whatnot, but the steets themselves and neighboring plazas are TRASH.

Fort Lauderdale beach literally looks like trash. Most the buildings are old, the restaurants look old and dilapidated. But talking about luxury? Please
This might by the Floridian in me talkin but….ain’t nobody ever accused Ft Lauderdale of being luxurious. :lol:

Yeah 120 mile daily commutes aren’t happening.

Not in my life, at least.

this fool at my job makes 100k plus a summer, during Covid he moved to iowa to own the libs.

2 hours south, well he couldn’t find a job paving making half what he makes in Minnesota since it’s a right to work state.

now he commutes two hours a day and is back at my job. :rofl:

dude is a f’ing idiot.

Speaking of “luxury”

they put some condos across from the hcmc hospital in down town Minneapolis. I was out there at 3 am yesterday for work. Crackheads going buck wild, non stop ambulances pulling out blaring the siren.

these clowns moving in from Bismarck North Dakota for their job at target corporate are gonna **** themselves living there.

Rigged against young people? How so, meaning in what ways that dont apply to others?
There is no way you can qualify for what they are looking for being young. If your credit is good your credits not old enough, if you have a good job you haven’t worked long enough, so on and so forth.

Speaking of “luxury”

they put some condos across from the hcmc hospital in down town Minneapolis. I was out there at 3 am yesterday for work. Crackheads going buck wild, non stop ambulances pulling out blaring the siren.

these clowns moving in from Bismarck North Dakota for their job at target corporate are gonna **** themselves living there.
That’s every city dawg…any thing new being built is “luxury” no matter what kinda area it is…And you right they do it finesse the out of towners and gentrifyers, while not building anything for the locals :smh:

“Crackheads running buck wild” tho, those new folks just gon have to to adjust cuz the junkies don’t care :lol:

That’s every city dawg…any thing new being built is “luxury” no matter what kinda area it is…And you right they do it finesse the out of towners and gentrifyers, while not building anything for the locals :smh:

“Crackheads running buck wild” tho, those new folks just gon have to to adjust cuz the junkies don’t care :lol:

oh yeah I know, its like that everywhere.

I just laugh, have fun living in your **** box for 1800 a month and its 400 sq ft.

like I’m at the point in my life where I’m trying to get out of the city, not pay insane prices to live closer.

the only difference is when I lived in the hood it wasn’t “luxury” and rent was dirt cheap.

There is no way you can qualify for what they are looking for being young. If your credit is good your credits not old enough, if you have a good job you haven’t worked long enough, so on and so forth.
True. They tried to get me on my first car loan cause I had no credit history. In my mind Its good i dont owe anybody anything but they held it against me.

Back
Top Bottom