5'6 Aquille Carr Is The BEST Sophomore In The Nation; Takes Over With 38 Points vs City

Even if this were true...how far off is it? It's not like he was "really" a marginal 2 star prospect who was overrated. He more than held his own EVERY time the level of competition raised in AAU/HS ball. 

Even even in the D-League...there was never a point where he looked a step down from the collective talent on the floor. 

He can hoop....period. His height...and to a bigger extent...his life off the floor are what have him in his current predicament. Nothing else. To be that size...you can't have the issues he has in his life and flourish in a top tier league. Things damn near have to be perfect.
He's not a league guy. Cats fell in love with mixtape videos. He's probably the most unfathomable NT mancrush that I've seen in regards to hoopers. 

He's not a league guy. Cats fell in love with mixtape videos. He's probably the most unfathomable NT mancrush that I've seen in regards to hoopers. 

Naw, trust me when I say there are very few sub 6ft guys who had the potential to be NBA players. Not stars...but play high level basketball whether it be. overseas or fringe level NBA, and Aquille is one of them.

He's more than a mixtape guy. Dude can actually really play. Most guys ranked in the top 40 of their class generally have high major to Pro potential.

Last edited:

I'm not at all saying he's an NBA player. Personally...I think he'll get a CHANCE one day. But to say he "wasn't that good in high school" or that he can't make money playing basketball internationally is just false. Saying he should to community college because he won't play basketball anywhere is ridiculous.

And I don't think it's an NT thing. I got old *** corporate white dudes at work asking me "have you heard about this kid called the crimestopper". Who doesn't want to root for the underdog?

The unfathomable mancrushes are the dudes on here who swear by OJ Mayo's fat ***  

Last edited:
5"6 scoring guard with a mixtape :lol:

Fits NT's mold of all their favorite future NBA stars

Last edited:
This "talent" that Aquille Carr allegedly posses.

What evidence is their that it actually exists?

He has basically never played professional caliber organized basketball, he has no experience running a professional offense, nothing he did in those mix tapes or in ****** B-more gyms has any bearing on what a professional basketball team is going to ask him to do. He showed up to the eurocamp (a place he didn't even deserve to be) out of shape, unprepared, and played horribly

This is why I respect guys like Sonny Weems and Bo Mcaleb who are professionals, it's easy to love basketball when you're a star in your neighborhood, everyone loves you and everyone kisses your ***, but what happens when your on ****** buses, cramped arenas, you live with racists eastern european who have never seen a black person and you have to practice twice a day for 2 hours?

Thats what separates the wheat from the chaff, this guy should be trying to catch on with and "And 1"/"globe trotters" type circuit, because clearly he's not about being a pro.

Last edited:
This "talent" that Aquille Carr allegedly posses.

What evidence is their that it actually exists?

He has basically never played professional caliber organized basketball, he has no experience running a professional offense, nothing he did in those mix tapes or in ****** B-more gyms has any bearing on what a professional basketball team is going to ask him to do. He showed up to the eurocamp (a place he didn't even deserve to be) out of shape, unprepared, and played horribly

This is why I respect guys like Sonny Weems and Bo Mcaleb who are professionals, it's easy to love basketball when you're a star in your neighborhood, everyone loves you and everyone kisses your ***, but what happens when your on ****** buses, cramped arenas, you live with racists eastern european who have never seen a black person and you have to practice twice a day for 2 hours?

Thats what separates the wheat from the chaff, this guy should be trying to catch on with and "And 1"/"globe trotters" type circuit, because clearly he's not about being a pro.

You are mistaken talent, with understanding what it takes to be a pro. We can all agree that is Aquilles downfall.

But for you to deny this kid had Major talent is crazy. All the scouts said he had talent. That's pretty undeniable.

There've been plenty of talented kids who couldn't put it together.

I'm not at all saying he's an NBA player. Personally...I think he'll get a CHANCE one day. But to say he "wasn't that good in high school" or that he can't make money playing basketball internationally is just false. Saying he should to community college because he won't play basketball anywhere is ridiculous.

And I don't think it's an NT thing. I got old *** corporate white dudes at work asking me "have you heard about this kid called the crimestopper". Who doesn't want to root for the underdog?

The unfathomable mancrushes are the dudes on here who swear by OJ Mayo's fat ***  
****, OJ was more reasonable. His prep career was wayyyy better than Carr's. Carr is really just a BallIsLife Superstar, and nothing more. 

****, OJ was more reasonable. His prep career was wayyyy better than Carr's. Carr is really just a BallIsLife Superstar, and nothing more. 
You've probably never been to any of his games if you think hes just a YouTube sensation. Aquille Carr is a High School basketball legend. He isnt OJ mayo, who is legendary in his own right, but still much more than a ballislfe superstar.

Actually, he is the definition of a ball is life superstar. He's mostly famous for being short. He will prolly really never get a ahcne in the league and end up washed in a few years.

Sure, pound for pound talent he is amazing. But he's a ****** in a sport for giants. If he had stayed in college for four years (had he been able to qualify) he would have had a really solid career and found a way to make Europe work. But as OKB said, he'll prolly never develop the life skills necessary to be able to go to a strange place like Europe or China and put his head down and do what's necessary to succeed over there.

Vic, you think anyone outside of DMB/Baltimore really knows who this dude is? Let's be real here, its always fun to watch a guy play who is as small as he is and find a way to make it work but long term its hard to actually do that.

Actually, he is the definition of a ball is life superstar. He's mostly famous for being short. He will prolly really never get a ahcne in the league and end up washed in a few years.

Sure, pound for pound talent he is amazing. But he's a ****** in a sport for giants. If he had stayed in college for four years (had he been able to qualify) he would have had a really solid career and found a way to make Europe work. But as OKB said, he'll prolly never develop the life skills necessary to be able to go to a strange place like Europe or China and put his head down and do what's necessary to succeed over there.

Vic, you think anyone outside of DMB/Baltimore really knows who this dude is? Let's be real here, its always fun to watch a guy play who is as small as he is and find a way to make it work but long term its hard to actually do that.
No one is arguing that though. Like you said..he has talent, and if he kept his head down and went to college..would have been a pro. A lot of people know who he is too..thanks to first his talent in the area, then his ranking nationally and mostly his mixtapes. That's why there is a  CNN interview, a 12 page thread on Niketalk, DIME MAGAZINE COVER, and VICE doing a short doc on him.

Under armour sponsored his HS team for the 3 years he was there...and I dont think they are even involved anymore. This was a nationally ranked player and Elite 24MVP we are talking about here. Not some 5'6 guard with great handles and bounce that had d3 potential. Nationally known.

You have guys in here questioning his talent...saying he isnt talented and only a mixtape player. All we are saying is he's much more than that...but some short sighted decisions may have cost him a solid career as a professional basketball player.

No one is arguing that though. Like you said..he has talent, and if he kept his head down and went to college..would have been a pro. A lot of people know who he is too..thanks to first his talent in the area, then his ranking nationally and mostly his mixtapes. That's why there is a  CNN interview, a 12 page thread on Niketalk, DIME MAGAZINE COVER, and VICE doing a short doc on him.

Under armour sponsored his HS team for the 3 years he was there...and I dont think they are even involved anymore. This was a nationally ranked player and Elite 24MVP we are talking about here. Not some 5'6 guard with great handles and bounce that had d3 potential. Nationally known.

You have guys in here questioning his talent...saying he isnt talented and only a mixtape player. All we are saying is he's much more than that...but some short sighted decisions may have cost him a solid career as a professional basketball player.

Elite 24 is a television show.

No talent evaluator worth anything had him as a top 25 recruit, he was outside of the top 100 on ESPN/SCOUT/RIVALS.

No talent evaluator worth anything had him as a top 25 recruit, he was outside of the top 100 on ESPN/SCOUT/RIVALS.
He was definitely top 50, of not 100 until his off the court and dedication issues started piling up, then his ranking dropped....he was top 100 just based on talent alone but like its been said b4 if you are that small you cant have anything off the court/ attitude. or behavior wise go against you

He played equal or better against most of the top guards in high school at the time, wasnt scared and went at super prospects like your great hope Wiggins, and even had good games at the D League level...and you still questioning pure talent ? :lol:

So what's everyone's rationale behind why he's not sniffing a SL roster?

He makes undersized point guards look big, too many stories about his attitude/disciple. Not enough talent and potential that is worth any team taking the risk. 

Those mixtapes though 
pimp.gif

I'll always be a fan

He makes undersized point guards look big, too many stories about his attitude/disciple. Not enough talent and potential that is worth any team taking the risk. 

Those mixtapes though :pimp:

I'll always be a fan
Plus if you cant even stay on your D League team , im pretty sure it would be tough getting an summer league invite :lol: ...All he had to do was play out the whole season with no issues and he woulda had a chance at the summer league, word to Kiwi Gardner

Yeah you don't know what you're talking about. Form the GQ article http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201111/aquille-carr-basketball-baltimore-high-school

"Carr sits at #26 on the influential Rivals150 prospect rankings, and when asked about the recruiting process, he rattled off scholarship offers nonchalantly, like memorized moons of Jupiter for a quiz. The University of Maryland. Baylor. Kentucky. Out they came."

Espn had him at 39 then. You don't make the Elite 24 if you're not a top 100 recruit.

That was when he was a sophmore/junior though...

This is a fringe top 100 prospect who never played a second of college basketball, let's be real here, it's not surprising he didn't get a summer league invite.

That was when he was a sophmore/junior though...

This is a fringe top 100 prospect who never played a second of college basketball, let's be real here, it's not surprising he didn't get a summer league invite.

Kiwi Gardner was ranked lower, never played a minute in college and is 5'7.

Reason he is on a summer league team...he stuck with his Dleague team.

They dropped aquille in rankings mainly because of stability.

And OSH KOSH said aquille was never ranked by a credible source, when Scout/Rivals/ESPN had him firmly in the top 100 for the majority of his HS career.

Last edited:
I don't care about soph rankings....Eric Wallace was a top 20 recruit as a sophomore :lol:

I don't care about soph rankings....Eric Wallace was a top 20 recruit as a sophomore :lol:

Y'all moving the goal posts though. Dude was clearly ranked, and considered a big time talent. A 4 star recruit at the very least. Now y'all saying he wasn't really talented and never ranked?

Speaking of eric wallace, he's playing pro Australian football making like a mill a year :lol:

But I can tell y'all dudes hurt he didn't succeed...we all got players from our areas who threw away good opportunities...it's sad but blame the folks who babied them their whole life

Haven't seen that name in a minute. I remember back in high school me and my homie used to watch that highlight tape of him and Marshall Moses in awe :lol:

Yeah you don't know what you're talking about. Form the GQ article http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201111/aquille-carr-basketball-baltimore-high-school

"Carr sits at #26 on the influential Rivals150 prospect rankings, and when asked about the recruiting process, he rattled off scholarship offers nonchalantly, like memorized moons of Jupiter for a quiz. The University of Maryland. Baylor. Kentucky. Out they came."

Espn had him at 39 then. You don't make the Elite 24 if you're not a top 100 recruit.

and he dropped out of the top 100 by the end.

You act like this is the first time someone has been ranked highly and dropped the longer he played.

Back
Top Bottom