6-Year-Old Shot by Playmate, 4-year-old, Vol. in Critical Condition

Link
http://abcnews.go.com/US/year-shot-playmate-critical-condition/story?id=18913811#.UWRqEqtATBc

[QUOTE Name= "By ALEXIS SHAW. April 9, 2013"]

Authorities are investigating whether the parents of a 4-year-old boy had a permit for the .22-caliber rifle the child allegedly used to shoot his 6-year-old playmate in the head in New Jersey.

The victim is in critical condition at Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune, hospital spokesman Rob Cavanaugh said.

The 4-year-old was playing in the side yard of his house with the other boy Monday evening in Toms River, N.J., when the younger child went into his family's home, brought a rifle outside and shot the 6-year-old in the head from about 15 yards away, Toms River Police Chief Michael Mastronardy said.

It is unclear whether the boy pulled the trigger or whether the gun accidentally discharged, The Associated Press reported.

No charges have been filed.

Mastronardy declined to disclose where the rifle was stored in the house.

No names have been released.[/QUOTE]

:x at the opening sentence tho :smh:

mean.gif

idk man....i'm getting pretty tired of all the saddening news posts

all we do is get saddened and talk about how sad/crazy the world is

then in most of them arguments transpire about the exact same thing w/ the exact same culprits.

it adds nothing new the NT community. all it does it let us know what new effed up thing happened in the world today.

either way...pretty sad stuff. smh.

and before "well don't come in here then" well...y'all tend to tell the basic situation in the thread title anyway

Last edited:
they need to put that kid in confinement somewhere.

i knew damn well what i was doing as a 6 year old kid

and the harms that guns could cause.

Last edited:
Damn. |I

I have a four and a six year old. :smh: I can't and don't want to imagine that...

Sad man.

how'd the kid even get gun in the first place? people need to be more responsible with their firearms.

Back
Top Bottom