$600 shoe or package in the works for JB........

How much was the original "Thunder IV" Pack? The one with the jacket? Wasn't that an online exclusive and something like $400-$500? For one pair and a jacket!

Like I mentioned just a bit ago, you're really jumping to conclusions when you ignore what the model currently is. The last two packs have been the infrared and GMP. Neither was much over retail for 2 standalone releases. If there's a pack released this year, you're talking a fairly modest jump from the pricing of the GMP's last year ($175 a shoe). I could see $180. However, to think there will be a $600, 2 shoe pack is a drastic jump that falls way outside the current retro pricing model, in which everything retails for $200 or less. It makes way more sense to gradually increase the prices by $5-$20 a year in order to maintain loyalty rather than piss off your target market by a 50% increase in price. Jordan Brand is trying to reach a large market right now that wants their product, and (truly) limited high price releases are clearly not part of that strategy. That's what companies targeting a niche do, and with sales this strong (stronger than they have ever been), it makes no sense to employ that contradictory sales strategy. That's why I feel your outlook is completely alarmist, without merit and flying in the face of all facts and logic.

I was never talking about a TWO shoe pack. See my example re: a 3/4/5 pack (translation: THREE shoes).

I personally I have no intention of dropping $600 in one go on shoes.

i could see this happening

look at prices on ebay flightclub other second market websites
even early release websites

nike/jordan did this back in 2006

i cant see why this would not happen now

Last edited:
Yeah, your logic is brilliant bro. You wouldn't drop $600 for 3 shoes at once, but you would on 3 weekends in a row? Like I said, this would make it way easier on everyone to do a 3-shoe release for Black Friday rather than dropping 3 separate shoes over 3 weekends prior to Christmas. You haven't made a lick of sense in here, so keep it moving :smh:

$250 for the Original Lightnings with the T-Shirt and $500 for the Original Thunders with the Jacket. $600 doesn't seem like a crazy new idea anymore...

http://www.nicekicks.com/2006/08/air-jordan-4-thunder-and-lightning-release-info/

"Alot of angst towards resellers came as a result of the release and Jordan Brand was made aware of the problem from many outcries from the sneaker community. This time around, Nike is going to make sure that people don’t buy JUST to hope to fetch a huge profit"

>D

2,352 days ago it was known that Jordan Brand was aware of resellers.. 2,352 days later, the problem is still here and higher than it was back then. :smh:

Yeah, your logic is brilliant bro. You wouldn't drop $600 for 3 shoes at once, but you would on 3 weekends in a row? Like I said, this would make it way easier on everyone to do a 3-shoe release for Black Friday rather than dropping 3 separate shoes over 3 weekends prior to Christmas. You haven't made a lick of sense in here, so keep it moving :smh:

wow yet ANOTHER straw man argument, how predictable you've become. please show me when I ever mentioned I buy releases 3 weekends in a row. For the record my last 3 purchases:
-Chi 1s
-bred 4s
-olympic 7s

Ooh ooh I can play too bro. WHAT LOL YOU THINK THOSE RELEASED THREE WEEKS APART? MUST BE SOME 14 YR OLD NOOB!!
I think we're done here.

Since this is the year of the V maybe a Laney/Carolina color way/Black Metallic (high school/college/pro inspired pack). Either way that's a LOT of cheddar to spend. Seems more likely to be a shoe + outfit/jumpsuit.

I was chilling at home looking at my kicks, after my souce gave me the info, and an idea came to mind..... We didnt get the Columbias and my JB source says we wont get them this year... I could see JB dropping a pack with CGs, Breds, Concords, Spacejams, and Columbias..... Would you pay $600 plus tax for that?
$120/pair? lol

Not happening homie.

$600?!

Chuck-Taylor-Laughs-Then-Shakes-His-Head.gif

I was chilling at home looking at my kicks, after my souce gave me the info, and an idea came to mind..... We didnt get the Columbias and my JB source says we wont get them this year... I could see JB dropping a pack with CGs, Breds, Concords, Spacejams, and Columbias..... Would you pay $600 plus tax for that?

HA HA HA HA HA HA
LMFAO

Last edited:
Double XX8 package :stoneface:

Makes sense since retail is $250 and they add a little more when they make it a pack, so about $300 each.

That's my guess

If I remeber correctly "d e beatup" hinted at this a couple weeks back too. Think he said the 3s might be involved. I can't remember exactly and forgot the thread it was in

And THIS is why many (myself included) are on their way on to retirement. $600 effin' dollars?!

Time to get out, this hobby's no fun anymore, and there ain't no shoe out there that can pull me back. I've learned to live with the Jumpman...bringing back Nike Air you say? Too little too late.

This...

:smh::smh::smh::rolleyes

On the plus side Reebok is steady dropping quality retros at low prices...

Last edited:
Waiting for someone to post a lame ducktales gif

If there's an actual pack, I'll wait for outlets...lol.

J/K, I wouldn't support this madness in any way.

Waiting for someone to post a lame ducktales gif

If there's an actual pack, I'll wait for outlets...lol.

J/K, I wouldn't support this madness in any way.

i believe this one.. probably fire red as they mentioned..there have been many crazy rumors started on nt on the past though.

gatorade 6s

the happy blue year pack :lol: (columbias and obsidians)

I would be down....but only if they are BANGERS! Og style fire red 3's, og cement 4's, carmine 6, maroon or sport blue 6, og style Carolina 9's. Three of these shoes must be in that pack for me to spend that or some serious player exclusive colorways

Back
Top Bottom