65k saved up what to invest some in?

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

i don't know if you realized this or not, but the stock market hasn't been this down since the huge crash in '08...

i'd just hold on to that money until things start to work themselves out.
So your saying that when the price is low do not buy, rather wait until the price is higher .... 

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

i don't know if you realized this or not, but the stock market hasn't been this down since the huge crash in '08...

So your saying that when the price is low do not buy, rather wait until the price is higher .... 

Has the dust settled yet?? Look at all those people who may of bought on Friday when the DOW was down 600 points only to find out on Monday it was down a further 400 points...
laugh.gif

I would sit down with a rep from Fidelity, or American Express.

I have used American Express in the past, and currently have money invested through Fidelity.

Stocks are tricky (I am losing my +@!, thanks to the Federal Government) so I would stay away from that right now.

Gold would not be a bad investment right now either.

Originally Posted by Penofski

Has the dust settled yet?? Look at all those people who may of bought on Friday when the DOW was down 600 points only to find out on Monday it was down a further 400 points...
laugh.gif

Thats an even better discount, I don't think you know how these things work. You probablly would've been making the same type of comment when equities were up and gold down, but now you want to buy it.   

laugh.gif

Thats an even better discount, I don't think you know how these things work. You probablly would've been making the same type of comment when equities were up and gold down, but now you want to buy it.   
What if you spent all your money already??? what good does that better discount do for you? The fact of the matter is that entering the stock market right now is not a wise decision. But rather enter when the dust has settled even if it means the price is slightly higher but at least you have some assurance and you're not just flat out gambling...

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

Also, definitely DO NOT invest in gold. Especially right now. Gold hasn't gone up, the dollars gone down. I know everyone on NT thinks that gold is this highly safe and liquid security because of ninjahood but fact is that it's not. A lot of stock investors are afraid to invest in precious metals because it's a real tricky business.
Lets dissect this post.

definitely DO NOT invest in gold- what is less riskier at this time?
Gold hasn't gone up, the dollars gone down- Why in the world would he then invest in something that is USD dollar denominated??? If it has gone down and will continue to sprial down? The Fed has devalued the USD by 35% since 2000 and 17% since 2008.
A lot of stock investors are afraid to invest in precious metals because it's a real tricky business. - Please elaborate Mr. Einstein.

Here's a post from another forum in the personal finance thread: "I think so as well, but everything I am holding is a negative and the only positive is gold."

Oh gee, go figure.
Investing in gold may be safer right now, but why would you invest in ANY thing when it's at its all time high price. It will surely come down.

He should invest in as many stocks as possible now when they are at a low as long as he plans to hold them for at least 15 years. People shouldn't even monitor the stock market on a daily basis unless you are day trading. So  many people made the mistake of selling yesterday because they panicked. The market is already rebounding.

You gotta look at this way. Over 15 year periods, the stock market has NEVER been unprofitable.

I don't really have time to get into why gold is a tricky business but OP you should hire a professional, weigh your options, and remember to diversify and not put all your eggs in one basket.
laugh.gif
How about golds 15 year trend(s)? Anyways, i don't think anyone here is in for a 15 year commitment
roll.gif

laugh.gif

What if you spent all your money already??? what good does that better discount do for you? The fact of the matter is that entering the stock market right now is not a wise decision. But rather enter when the dust has settled even if it means the price is slightly higher but at least you have some assurance and you're not just flat out gambling...

Dust settles will be too late, even if you look at the large cap/ blue chips they're down you don't think they are going to recover ?

i wouldnt buy stocks!. I also would come to niketalk for advice. gold is good bet! a couple cheap rental properties in the hood may be a way to go if you can deal with the tenants. run good background checks!

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Invest in Marijuana. Either legally or illegally both ways you will make a lot of money.

Thats enough to have a VERY large grow operation
i was going to say this to be funny yet serious as well... but seriously if your in a medical state... open a shop

not like it needs to bear your name or anything for anything besides tax purposes

I would invest in the stock market right now. I'm about to buy some stocks myself, but I'm not sure if I should go that route or ETFs.

Mez 0ne wrote:
I would avoid stock knowledge on a board like Niketalk fyi.

Why? I've gathered up tons of good information from fellow NT'ers who are definitely knowledgable.

Investing in gold may be safer right now, but why would you invest in ANY thing when it's at its all time high price. It will surely come down.

He should invest in as many stocks as possible now when they are at a low as long as he plans to hold them for at least 15 years. People shouldn't even monitor the stock market on a daily basis unless you are day trading. So  many people made the mistake of selling yesterday because they panicked. The market is already rebounding.

You gotta look at this way. Over 15 year periods, the stock market has NEVER been unprofitable.

I don't really have time to get into why gold is a tricky business but OP you should hire a professional, weigh your options, and remember to diversify and not put all your eggs in one basket.
laugh.gif
How about golds 15 year trend(s)? Anyways, i don't think anyone here is in for a 15 year commitment
roll.gif
Why wouldn't anyone here be in for a 15 year commitment? I doubt that there are many people over the age of 30 on this board. I'll easily be a millionaire by the time I'm 50. I can wait for that. No need for quick turn arounds now I'm doing fine.
How about the past 15 years?  The market hasn't done a thing in the past 15 years. 

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Invest in Marijuana. Either legally or illegally both ways you will make a lot of money.

Thats enough to have a VERY large grow operation
i was going to say this to be funny yet serious as well... but seriously if your in a medical state... open a shop

not like it needs to bear your name or anything for anything besides tax purposes

[h1]Cuttino Mobley helping bring medical marijuana to Maine[/h1]
Kurt Helin

Aug 5, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT

4 Comments

cuttino-mobley-clips.jpg
Getty Images
Go ahead and make your “NBA player and pot

Originally Posted by solesavage

Mez 0ne wrote:
I would avoid stock knowledge on a board like Niketalk fyi.

Why? I've gathered up tons of good information from fellow NT'ers who are definitely knowledgable.
I think the lesson here is just... take any advice from NT like any other advice from the internet. It can be great information, but you have to do your own due diligence. I'm not sure if some NTers are actually vigilant 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

lol I need tips on how to save up to 65K...
frown.gif

Easiest money I have ever made was when I started the mortgage bussines. I was a highschool dropout and smoked weed my entire life.someone handed me a flyer that said do u want to make easy money as a loan officer and I gave it a shot.bought a few books on great motivational speakers and guru salesmen like Tom Hopkins. Haven't looked back since making over 100k last year and on pace to make 130 this year.all u need is a clean background history and fairly de ent credit. For those that feel they would be great sales people on the phones give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom