Favorites that you can’t pull off wearing

I was thinking about my favorite Jordan’s and it made me think of how I really like how 6s look but I just feel weird wearing them. I just feel like they look bad on my feet. I also really liked the OVO 8s that came out earlier this year but I felt the same way (even stronger perhaps) about those.

Is there a model that you guys like but don’t feel like you can pull it off? It doesn’t have to be a Jordan but since for me it was, I posted it here

The CB 34 Godzilla. I loved them as a kid and still do but they absolutely look like a kids shoe.

OVO 8s are easy to wear... they're black or white with gold highlights. I have probably a weeks worth a different outfits I could wear with each, at least... but I haven't even unDSed either of my pairs since I have plenty of other black/gold and white/gold shoes (Royalty 4s, DMP 13/14s).

I don't wear my Bordo 12s a lot since I only have a few maroon outfits. Also my Powder Blue 3s and CP3 13s don't get much play. Also my Radio Raheem 2s... The Raptor 4s are another shoe that I like that I know I would never really wear.

Basically if I can't matchy match a shoe 100% with my outfit them I'm not wearing it.

The first pink Foamposite ones. I never got to own them. I like them, but I don’t see myself wearing all pink shoes

off white hyperdunks or any high top sneakers really lol thats the problem when u have short stubby legs

Matching is overrated

Nah... they make so many different colorways for this reason. I cringe every time I see someone wearing some new Js with just anything thinkin they're doing it. One of the worst offenders had to be this guy walking around the mall wearing camo with the Carolina blue low 11s. Women tend to color coordinate better than guys when they wear em, or so I've noticed.

Green Bean Vs.. they make my feet look ginormus and I'm a sucker for grey shoes but I can't pull these off.

I'm mostly at a stage in life where I don't much care what others think, so I'll pretty much wear whatever I like. That said, Kobe 9 highs ... I can't do it with shorts. I love that shoe but can only bring myself to do it with sweats or some other type of loose-fitting pants. I feel ridiculous wearing them with shorts out in public :lol:

Last edited:
all red shoes>>>>

but the red suede 21s were tough lol

Hahahaha. I'd wear no-name Cons knock-offs before I'd ever wear red shoes. To each their own, but anytime I see someone wearing red shoes, I immediately think of circus clowns. Not even joking. When Pip busted out those red Maestros in the '94 All-Star game, I was like, is he high?

Hahahaha. I'd wear no-name Cons knock-offs before I'd ever wear red shoes. To each their own, but anytime I see someone wearing red shoes, I immediately think of circus clowns. Not even joking. When Pip busted out those red Maestros in the '94 All-Star game, I was like, is he high?
Gotta problem wit red blood??

OVO 8s are easy to wear... they're black or white with gold highlights. I have probably a weeks worth a different outfits I could wear with each, at least... but I haven't even unDSed either of my pairs since I have plenty of other black/gold and white/gold shoes (Royalty 4s, DMP 13/14s).

I don't wear my Bordo 12s a lot since I only have a few maroon outfits. Also my Powder Blue 3s and CP3 13s don't get much play. Also my Radio Raheem 2s... The Raptor 4s are another shoe that I like that I know I would never really wear.

Basically if I can't matchy match a shoe 100% with my outfit them I'm not wearing it.
I do agree with another poster that any shoe can be pulled off but I think it’s a matter of whether or not the person wearing it feels comfortable and believes they look good.

I’m not saying that the OVO 8s are hard to match or anything, it’s just 8s in general feel weird to me. The only 8s I have owned are the black OVO 8s. I just felt like I was wearing these space boots when the straps were strapped and I felt like that old guy whose too old to be in a club wearing them with the straps undone. They just make me feel weird.

6s are the same way. I think they look great and love the silhouette but on my foot it feels too bulky. I also have a hard time getting my pants to cooperate in showing the shoes. The only time I feel like I’m not looking like a clown with 6s is when my pants conceal the tongue and collar of thee shoes and if I’m going to do that then what’s the point? I mean it’s not like 6s are super comfortable or anything. 8s are more comfortable than 6s. In fact, 6s may be up there for me in terms of most uncomfortable Jordan’s.

I buy shoes first and then buy clothes based on what shoes I have. I have a few shirts where they match my Bordeauxs but they’re fall/winter shoes

Black Cement 3’s. I’m sorry, but every time I put them on and look down they remind me of some sale rack Jordan sneaker that middle school kids wear, all beat up, around Wal-Mart. Something about the way the laces sit towards the bottom of the tongue. Great shoe from the side though.

Gotta problem wit red blood??

Nope, just all-red shoes. I just think they look silly on people in real life. But I'm old compared to most people on this site, so that probably has something to do with it. It was the '90s in my teens and early 20s, and there certainly weren't many people wearing red shoes. One of my HS teammates came into practice one day with some all-red Adidas and we were all like, uh, did you mean to buy those? LOL

Nope, just all-red shoes. I just think they look silly on people in real life. But I'm old compared to most people on this site, so that probably has something to do with it. It was the '90s in my teens and early 20s, and there certainly weren't many people wearing red shoes. One of my HS teammates came into practice one day with some all-red Adidas and we were all like, uh, did you mean to buy those? LOL
Lmao I understand what you mean looking like Ronald McDonald but hey man it’s all about the fit to match the kicks cause really any shoe with the wrong fit cause just look like a hot mess

Lmao I understand what you mean looking like Ronald McDonald but hey man it’s all about the fit to match the kicks cause really any shoe with the wrong fit cause just look like a hot mess

Oh totally. Some people can pull it off, I just feel like I can't. Reality is, I probably can if done right. It's just not a look I'm into. I think the real reason I don't like it, other than the Ronald MacDonald resemblance, is that any shoe in one shade of any color usually negates the design of the shoe. I like contrast and being able to see the lines of the shoe, it's part of what makes good design in my opinion. It's why I think Concords look sick, but the all-red XI looks like nothing I'd be caught dead in. It's the same shoe obviously, but also completely different. If you get my point. That's just what I personally like. Been wearing my new black toe 13s since release two weeks ago and I LOVE them. But I'm like meh when it comes to, say, the black/red 13s. Same shoe, totally different look (even thought it's not just one color). It's all good, it's just whatever floats your boat.

Back
Top Bottom