Favorites that you can’t pull off wearing

I can only pull off black cement 3's. Only Jordans I have left.

I mostly rock leather shoes with well tapered pants now. In my 30's, this is what I like. Sheesh, Im turning into my pops.

I know exactly what you mean. Once you hit a certain age, you start to dress a tad differently.

I’m on my 30s actually closer to 40s, I’d much rather wear Jordan’s than my dress shoes during the week. But I’m comfortable with thinking I’m 25 still, cause I’m comfortable with my place in life. Just don’t be matchy matchy and u good.

https://www.sessions.edu/color-calculator/

For all you suckers that’s still matchy matchy.

Better learn how to dress.

Old as hell

Good colorways have accents of complementary colors. I think it's hilarious that people here think that matching is ghetto or immature, but I realized people looked like clowns wearing whatever latest shoe with just anything back in HS. People here have no excuses however since we all own multiple pairs of shoes.

Also, I'm 33 and I wear a suit and tie to work most days of the week, and I am pretty much known to be the best dressed person in casual or dress clothes, so I think I'm doing something right. :smile:

Foamposites are pretty much boats on my feet, especially in a 11.5.

Walking around like "clunk, clunk, clunk."

What I call my "space boots": Lebron IV and Total Air Foamposite Max (silver colorway)!
Total Air Foam still get worn once or twice a year despite the terrible ventilation.

Last edited:
Good colorways have accents of complementary colors. I think it's hilarious that people here think that matching is ghetto or immature, but I realized people looked like clowns wearing whatever latest shoe with just anything back in HS. People here have no excuses however since we all own multiple pairs of shoes.

Also, I'm 33 and I wear a suit and tie to work most days of the week, and I am pretty much known to be the best dressed person in casual or dress clothes, so I think I'm doing something right. :smile:
I dont think its immature at all. I can respect someone that is gonna take the time to coordinate their fit. It does not matter how big or small you are, if you appear that you care about your look, it shows and does get more respect. But, there is a line to that also. If someone goes too far trying to match up they get the "trying to hard" tag that no one wants. Believe me, I grew up with a prom queen sister, and now have a teenage daughter that says the same things. I believe in matching up, but mildly.

I agree that matching is overrated. Instead, I’ll either not match at all, or pick a color out of a multi color shoe and match that. I wear yellow shirts with my Aqua 8s even though they have little yellow. I wore a Orange Dragon Ball z shirt with my shadow 1s. Countless other examples.

As far as the OVO 8s, that’d be pretty easy to match IMO. Off white T shirt maybe. The OVO 8s are kindve statement pieces already, so minimalism isn’t a bad idea. I could go on and on about this tbh

I read your post. All I remember is an orange Dragonball Z t shirt. I been looking for one of those..Lol

OVO 8s are easy to wear... they're black or white with gold highlights. I have probably a weeks worth a different outfits I could wear with each, at least... but I haven't even unDSed either of my pairs since I have plenty of other black/gold and white/gold shoes (Royalty 4s, DMP 13/14s).

I don't wear my Bordo 12s a lot since I only have a few maroon outfits. Also my Powder Blue 3s and CP3 13s don't get much play. Also my Radio Raheem 2s... The Raptor 4s are another shoe that I like that I know I would never really wear.

Basically if I can't matchy match a shoe 100% with my outfit them I'm not wearing it.
Radio raheems was super trash man waste of money

Matching is overrated

true story, anyone can match & look ridiculous, thinkin' they killing it... which is why for the last 7+ years i've just complimented colors, the use of knowing what looks well with what is what i enjoy most... & also enjoy a fashion challenge, something others feel to be considered ugly, taking risks ... i've learned more from women's fashion than mens & continue to ...

Matching looks better than not matching.

Attachments

• 20180822_113937.jpg
    20180822_113937.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 62
Matching looks better than not matching.
Not my type of style. To much going on with the polo shorts.

Not knocking anyone’s style of dressing. What ever anyone feels comfortable wearing is no business of mine.

Just trying to match every color on a pair of sneakers with a shirt or pant, is something I haven’t done since HS

One shoe can’t pull off I wish I could is the Nike command force. I remember back in 2014 when they retroed bought a pair and I like how they look on my feet my only problem was since they were so high and it would be uncomfortable around my calves especially when I sat down I felt like I couldn’t be completely comfortable wearing them compared to mid or low cut shoe I’m not sure if height was an issue or not but I always felt like if I was alil taller they wouldn’t be as uncomfortable or not at all

true story, anyone can match & look ridiculous, thinkin' they killing it... which is why for the last 7+ years i've just complimented colors, the use of knowing what looks well with what is what i enjoy most... & also enjoy a fashion challenge, something others feel to be considered ugly, taking risks ... i've learned more from women's fashion than mens & continue to ...
this is matching!

everyone saying they don't like to match; please post these mismatched fits....
I mean you don’t want to match completely where it looks like you’re wearing a uniform. I can’t remember what I was wearing with my Bordeaux 12s but my wife told me I looked like a Backstreet Boy

Last edited:
this is matching!

no, it's not...color blocking, color harmony ..triadic, split, analogous...isn't matching a red shirt with the red sweater & red jordans, it's not spot on...more of a color blocking & knowing what colors look well with each other... there's a huuuuuuuuuge difference.

I think there’s some confusion in this thread about what “matching” means. I consider wearing complimentary colors to be matching. So if you are wearing clothes and shoes that don’t clash you’re essentially matching in my book. If there’s another term to describe wearing clothes and shoes that go well together but don’t necessarily have the same exact colors please let me know what it is. “Goes well together” and “matching” could very well be 2 distinct things but for me I use the terms/phrases interchangeably

I think I may be too old to wear the Travis Scott AF1s which sucks because I really like them. The grill and patches are just a little much. I wouldn’t want to wear them to work but perhaps I could keep them and wear on weekends. I usually won’t keep a pair of shoes I can only wear on the weekend

Back
Top Bottom