Going to France in Jan

Sup ya'll

I'm going to France in Jan and was wondering if ya'll could drop a few spots I could go to besides the obvious Eiffel tower and Louvre. Any good places to eat or sight see. I don't eat beef or ham so I try to stay away from those spots. I have a solid Mon-Fri there and I know it's gonna be cold so I'll come prepared with the gear.

Any tips/suggestions on what to do or not do. I know they hate Americans so I'm gonna brush up on some basic phrases to help get me through. Is the train easy to navigate through? I'm assuming uber is available there if needed.

I also might take a flight to bologna for a day or two as I really want to visit the lambo and pagani factories in modena so any other suggestions on what to do in those two cities are appreciated.

@ksteezy I know you went recently to Paris, any tips or insight on how it was?

Notre-Dame de Paris
Champs Élysées
Walk next to the Seine River
Montmartre

Hit up the small bistros, enjoy some good food, wine, cheese.

And check out the ladies out there :pimp:

The Mona Lisa will leave you very disappointed.

If it's still there, check out Breakfast in America. An American style diner in Paris.

The Palace de Versailles was also dope. Just a quick train ride outside of Paris.

There's a red light district with a history of sex museum

I was staying in pigalle for a month, lots to do around there...except when you walk around at night people always offering you to come to their strip club

Also get a big bus ticket.

the louvre

On the list

Notre-Dame de Paris
Champs Élysées
Walk next to the Seine River
Montmartre

Hit up the small bistros, enjoy some good food, wine, cheese.

And check out the ladies out there :pimp:

Adding those suggestions to the list.
That last part imma definitely do. It'll be a solo trip so hopefully I run into some inviting women lol.

The Mona Lisa will leave you very disappointed.

If it's still there, check out Breakfast in America. An American style diner in Paris.

The Palace de Versailles was also dope. Just a quick train ride outside of Paris.

There's a red light district with a history of sex museum

What makes you say the mona lisa will leave me dissapointed? I'm not big on art but I figured might as well go to the museum just to experience it one time. Palace de Versailles will be visited.

I was staying in pigalle for a month, lots to do around there...except when you walk around at night people always offering you to come to their strip club

Also get a big bus ticket.

I didn't even consider a big bus tour but now I might do that for one day.

go to a soccer game!

Hate to say it but I'm not a big fan of soccer :kanyeshrug:

go to a soccer game!

giphy.gif

thiago-silva-psg-monaco-ligue-1-15042018jpg_bduxaar4aw35158b1196bslzy.jpg

:pimp:

Avoid any restaurant with an English menu. Guaranteed tourist trap with overpriced mediocre food (esp. Anywhere within a 20 minute walk of the Eiffel Tower) When you need to use Google Translate and hand gestures to order a meal, that's how you know you'll get good food

I don't like European food at all so can't comment much on that. The Asian food there is TRASH for the most part The Turkish, North African, and Middle Eastern food though :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Please bring an umbrella regardless of what the forecast is. It has rained out of nowhere there every single time I've been there, regardless of the month/season. 8 AM update on your phone with a a forecast of 18° C during the day with sunshine? That could end up being 12° with rain at any moment

Don't be afraid to venture out into the more local neighborhoods. There's some really cool rooftop bars that are a little bit far from the city center, but they're definitely worth it

Best deals for lodging are in the Opera district. It's not a popular spot for tourists (not that it's a bad neighborhood; just not directly near all the sights) , but it is great for accessing every part of the city within 15-20 mins, and the hotels are usually $50-100 cheaper per night than the central ones

The metro there is incredible in terms of how accessible it makes every part of Paris. You will never need to use a taxi or uber there during your entire trip (besides the times you're out past the closing time of the metro)

You don't need to know French, but at least know some basic French greetings. They are fluent in English but hate English and Americans (since they act like complete jack @#$ when they travel) so they'll often pretend not to know English when you ask them questions starting off with "hey" or "excuse me"

Last edited:
Musee de l'orangerie is a must. They've got Monet's, Picasso's, Pollock's and more. Musee d'Orsay is cool too; they have some Van Gogh's.

Le Vent d’Armor for a nice dinner. One of the best meals of my life.

Twenty One Sound Bar is cool if you want to hear some hip-hop and dancehall music.

Last edited:
go to a soccer game!
This man knows! Went to a PSG game.

Went backpacking two summers ago, was only in Paris for three days. Just hit up all those little cafes and enjoy some coffee and pastries. Train was pretty easy to use from what I remember.

I dod London/Paris and not gonna lie, I didnt like Paris that much.

-Eiffel Tower then walk to the Arc De Triump then the Champ d Elysees (my spellings gonna be terrible)

-Louvre then have brunch at Angelinas which isnt too far

- Point Alexander bridge

-Versailles

-Go to the Marais, basically coffee shops and the best vintage thrift stores ever.

-Notre Dame

-Pompidou Center

-Sacre Couer

That beingn said, go to London instead. :lol:

Check out La Crème de Paris for some good dessert

Take a boat cruise down the Seine River at night

Eat Steak and Frites

Palace of Versailles is aight... line was dumb long

Recommend copping the Paris Pass... I got the 3-day pass and it pretty much let’s you skip the line to most museums/attractions. Come with a 3-day train pass as well. A bit pricey but worth it IMO

Right on for the suggestions and tips fellas! I'm taking notes! Those two places you mentioned remi remi look fire

Back
Top Bottom