6ix9ine Thread

It was a nice debate ...

That's fine if you dont consider El General part or even the father but like you said Reggaeton's influences are Reggae, Dancehall & hip-hop, so you still could consider Ruben DJ, Vico C, Mexicano & Tempo part of the genre. Thus, you can include General. I dont know if Panama is trying to claim anything, but even if they were, who cares? The fact is it evolved and became what it is today because of PuertoRico.

For me El General Reggae and Vico C Rap are the two that undisputed fathers of this movement. All the streets where flooded with the music and from there is history.

BTW, just watch this video... Reggeaton concert ... what does the commentator, hype man introduce it as?

Originally reggeaton was synonymous with Reggea en espanol. There's a lot of artist and or songs that arent really reggeton, but are classified as such. But is cool man.

keko jones keko jones
Most folks knowledge on Reggaeton is ''Gasolina'' was the beginning & end of the genre, and ''Despacito'' brought it back. We know that’s FALSE. It’s been here before ''Gasolina'' and after it. After ''Gasolina'' & ''Oye Mi Canto'' artists were still dropping hits/albums, getting spins at popular latin radio stations in the States and Latin America. Channels/Programs like MTV Tr3s, HTV, Telemundo Puerto Rico, Wapa TV, 99% Urbano, etc. were pushing Reggaeton. They were still doing live performances at popular Arenas, Clubs, etc. getting nominated by the Latin Billboards, Latin Grammys, etc. and taking home a whole bunch of awards. The only thing ''Despacito'' did was once and for all make it a GLOBAL PHENOMENON.

THE HITS after ''Gasolina''

And I could go on forever 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 :emoji_muscle::emoji_ocean:

Real talk homie, if this genre never would have made it into the mainstream. I still would of repped it hard as hell. I’ve been repping the genre since the underground days. My actions speak for itself. Shout Out to my plugs that always had that fire (Albums & Magazines). I felt like a kid in a candy store. Long live Reggaeton!

Last edited:
Not a lot of people know this... I say around 2006-07 Wu Tang Clan created Wu Tang Latino and it didn’t go nowhere cause IMO the dedication wasn’t there + they had these artists that didn’t fit with the Wu's image. What they should have done is started Wu Tang Latino in the 90s and work their way up, immediately start signing the dopest Latino rappers & producers like Vico C, Eddie Dee, Lito & Polaco, Mr. Cavalucci, MC Ceja, Bebe, Mexicano, Playero ( Just listen to the hip-hop tracks he produced on Tempo’s ''Game Over''/''New Game'' album, Mexicano’s ''Entre El Bien y El Mal'' album), DJ Eric, DJ Dicky, etc.

I swear these joints were equivalent to any material from the Wu or anyone else from NY (Mobb Deep, Lost Boyz, Onyx, Big L, etc.)

Last edited:
I hear that "Senor Oficial" sample, that's whats up, the new school cats getting inspired by the Classics :emoji_pray:

0507-jade-tekashi-gf-tattoo-insta-1.jpg

Ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom