7 Foods So Unsafe Even Farmers Won't Eat Them

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by II Jovo II

This country has turned mad I swear. Prior to this entire organic craze, what did we have before it? People ate fruits and vegetables, and were healthier then (insert anything here). Dont eat this, dont eat that, its all BS to me. Its all BS. People lived long healthy lives prior to any of these studies eating regular foods, and people will continue to live healthy long lives eating regular foods. The food industry is such a damn scam and people buy into it because it affects really the only thing that keeps you alive, your health. My entire family, including myself has grown up/worked on a farm, and were still kicking.

i agree..
most Americans will likely die from some sort of obesity/heart related cause anyway..  radioactive popcorn is the least of their worries *shrug*
the problem with that is that "before"... we didn't have industrial type agriculture/farming and meat production.
it's only in the recent 20-30 yrs has food production changed.

I'd LOVE to eat organic 100%...but economically..it's just not feasible for me.
Your not alone. Working for a family owned nursery/produce stand, the markup on organic is crazy. You guys would be amazed with the markup in general for fruits and vegetables if you aren't already aware.
Just to add to everyone's comments just in general ; Straight from the FDA website: http://usda-fda.com/articles/organic.htm
Nutrition. No conclusive evidence shows that organic food is more nutritious than is conventionally grown food. And the USDA — even though it certifies organic food — doesn't claim that these products are safer or more nutritious.
Along with that, if you were to purchase your organic from a local farmer or business whose sales are below $5000, they are now exempt from the regulation of the FDA. All you have is their say, and you basically have to trust their word/label. If it does not meet the USDA standards, they could be fined up to $10000 per violation.

Now farmers who claim their products organic have alternative ways to growing obviously, the main one being discarding the use of pesticides for growth. Their is really no way you can discard the complete use of pesticides when your crops are grown. You have bugs/insects/birds/animals whatever carry over pesticides from one crop location to another. Look at this as mosquitos who carry virus from one location to another. Same concept.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by Theta

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by Theta

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Guess I'll take my chances, organic prices are redonkulous around here. Especially on fruits and veggies.

qft

You really found that you agreeing with someone was so important that you had to bump up an 8 month old topic?
lol so youre gonna hate on me for using the search function? so what if its 8 months old? its a good post. thats the damn purpose of the search button.

You think it's such a good thread yet you had nothing more to add than "qft" to someone saying organic food is expensive...
yes. i agreed with a point. lol if i wrote an essay, would it make it not as bad to bump the thread? geeze whats the problem? i could have made a new thread but this one had pictures and links and was already developed.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by theconditioner

-Red meat is associated with a number of cancers. 
Oh boy... This is NOT good....

My diet for the past few months mostly consists of tenderloin steak...
nerd.gif
Time to swap that for some chicken breasts/fish

Back
Top Bottom