75 MILLION in Prescription pills stolen from CT warehouse

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

And to whoever said "they should put something in drugs so only the intended patient could use them," when you're talking about recreational drugs such as Oxys and Adderall, you need to realize what they are--Adderall is an amphetamine salt--"speed" and oxys are in the same family as opium, morphine etc. They are not significantly different from "street drugs," (obviously more consistently pure) More importantly, these recreational drugs don't work as simply as say..a blood pressure medication (which simply regulates blood pressure)--adderall and oxys are not that simple--adderall happens to improve cognition..its not a direct "treatment," same with oxys or any other opiates, they engage the corresponding receptors, as opposed to just recognizing what the body is missing.

Also people should be able to ingest whatever they want..whether its morphine from poppys or oxys from a drug company--but it should be done knowledgeably, which is obviously not always the case when looking at addiction and APAP overdoses..
Thank you doctor.
indifferent.gif

Those people that "should be able to ingest whatever they want" even when the drug isn't for them should deal with the consequences and my wish for those "recreational" drugs and the people that DON'T NEED THEM (because those that do need them don't get a damn a high) should be extreme and brutal. Just my opinion. Pill poppers and pill dealers are the worst.
The reason I explained street drugs vs. prescription was to prove my point that regardless of whether its a pill or powder its the same thing. You're talking about pills as if they're significantly different from street drugs--If you are completely against people using rec. drugs thats one thing but saying "use of recreational (pills) are the worst" is ******ed. And the consequences can be easily avoided by some research, a quick google search can keep me from ever overdosing or getting addicted.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by jthagreat

prolly only cost a few G's to actually produce tho...(minus the research)

that research is no small amount though
That's why the drugs cost so much. With a 5 year window until the patent expires its understandable to want to make a profit.

laugh.gif

Something about this reminds me about that scene on Goodfellas when Henry is in the shower and hears the news report about the heist

Back
Top Bottom