$7k '05 Accord EX w/ 150k....Honda Owners PLEASE Come In

7 racks?

Slap yourself....

Now slap yourself again.

Last edited:
It's definitely a nice car, if maintained could last another 50k easily. But around that mileage is when the expensive fixes come into play. For $7k it's not worth it bro, keep looking and you should find something around the same price with lower mileage. Be patient, maybe look for an 03, or 04 which look basically identical, and you'll have more options

Way too many miles for that price. When choosing a car factor in that the average person drives 12000-15000 miles a year. Anything over that and it was driven to death and the repairs can add up quite quickly.

Don't do it! With 150k miles on a V6... I'm willing to bet it's not the original transmission.

If it were a 4 banger, than yeah it'll last you awhile. But still not for 7 racks!

The mileage wouldn't really be a major concern for me, but I wouldn't pay much more than 5k.

If it's in as good of shape as it looks, with the leather option too, 5k would be a steal for someone who wants that Accord imo.

edit: whoa thought title said 100k miles

Last edited:
definitely rockin a new transmisson.

sick.gif
da hooptie from 97 got 170k, and this from 2005
laugh.gif

7k for an 05 honda with 150k miles :rofl: :wow:

maybe even for half that id still debate it lol def try to haggle him down to 3k

id rather just spend 1k on a hoopty with 200k miles and stack up then put 7k into that lol

I don't even know much about cars, and I know that's insane. 150k on it? Forget that.

my family has 3 accord and i tell you these cars can go 300K plus easily. but i wouldnt pay 7K for that 5 or 6 maybe.

Yup What everybody is saying.
Its a 05 with 150 :lol: way too much. 2002s have the same amount of miles or less.
5k for it sounds about right. Looks clean as hell though

Last edited:
I used to have the same exact car it's def a nice ride but 7g's is a lot of money for that I would consider 5g's at best

150K is way to many miles for that money. Save yourself the future headaches and keep looking.

Yup, expect the water pump and power steering to go soon. If you don't know how to diy good luck because repairs can get costly. My daily driver 05 TSX has close to 180k highway miles and still running like a champ. I take excellent care of it though.

Last edited:
Ive seen these go up to 180k, but that price is no good for 150k.
Do you know how many owners its had? or where the cars from?
150k in suburbs isnt too bad, but city miles.. forget about it.
1 or 2 owners would be a bit better in terms of maintenance and might not have to worry as much about maintenance fees.. but regardless that price tag is too high.

Last edited:
It's definitely a nice car, if maintained could last another 50k easily. But around that mileage is when the expensive fixes come into play. For $7k it's not worth it bro, keep looking and you should find something around the same price with lower mileage. Be patient, maybe look for an 03, or 04 which look basically identical, and you'll have more options
more misinformation. ive seen cars with over 1 million miles. if this honda had its maintenance intervals at the correct times, it should last for a looooong time.
Don't do it! With 150k miles on a V6... I'm willing to bet it's not the original transmission.
If it were a 4 banger, than yeah it'll last you awhile. But still not for 7 racks!
reliablity doesnt depend on the # of cylinders. a 4 cylinder actually works harder than a 6. an engines longevity depends on maintenance and design. hondas' v6 are very reliable.

OP, if its a private owner, try to find out if he commutes long distances. if he does, then basically pretend the mileage is 75k. its MUCH better to buy a highmileage car thats a commuter car because theres less wear on components. 7k is a TINY bit much, but it looks well equipped and justifiable. its a honda bro, repair costs arent that much. doesnt hurt to negotiate but just double check on how it was driven (commuter car). its pretty hard to put 150k miles in 6 years without commuting everyday. thats about 25k miles a year, which equates to 100 miles a day (50 each way). doesnt hurt to test drive! good luck OP

You should do a quick google search and hit up the Accord forums ..... There's three of them I believe and just scan through it for the car in question. You should also post this question there, that way other's that have that yr and model can tell you about the headaches you should expect.

After checking out KBB.com they have it listed at the excellent price, which is way too much for something with that much mileage. So if they'll come down to somewhere in the neighborhood of 5200 - 5800, then you should be good to go. Also hwy mileage can be very deceiving. For example I travel anywhere from 700 - 1k hwy miles a month. When school starts back that'll probably double. But at least 100 - 200 of those miles is over roads so bad they're no better than driving through a gravel pit and that's every month. Now calculate that month after month, year after year

Back
Top Bottom