$7k '05 Accord EX w/ 150k....Honda Owners PLEASE Come In

Yeah for that price you can find something with the same qualities and lower mileage, it may be a few years older but lower miles. It seems very well taken care of though, as long as they took care of with regular maintenance I'm sure it'll go for another 150k. Look at private seller cars on craigslist.

OP are you trying to avoid a car note? With 7K I'd look at going newer barely used vehicle. Plus you'll have some warranty left.

Don't do it! With 150k miles on a V6... I'm willing to bet it's not the original transmission.
If it were a 4 banger, than yeah it'll last you awhile. But still not for 7 racks!

+1. You'll probably end up replacing the transmission again within the next 50k.

Don't do it! With 150k miles on a V6... I'm willing to bet it's not the original transmission.
If it were a 4 banger, than yeah it'll last you awhile. But still not for 7 racks!

reliablity doesnt depend on the # of cylinders. a 4 cylinder actually works harder than a 6. an engines longevity depends on maintenance and design. hondas' v6 are very reliable.

:lol: Yeah right.... Honda's V6 transmission SUCKS! Point blank! There's a reason for the the countless recalls over there years.

OP... please listen to me and realize you will be a HUGE mistake if you end up buying this vehicle.

Last edited:
150k miles, not worth it imo. save a little more and buy a newer model with less mileage. stay patient, you'll find something.

I have an 03 (same box) with 80k which I got for 5.5k a little over a year ago. just search around and wait for a better deal bro. A honda is a honda in terms of reliability, but I hear the transmission starts giving problems after 125k in automatics. Luckily, I have the 5 speed with zero problems so far.

i have a 96 integra only 140k on it..i got ten years on that whip..

not to mention you gonna have to do timing belt n waterpump in another 10k 

i would if it had under 100k

7gs nope

laugh.gif
Yeah right.... Honda's V6 transmission SUCKS! Point blank! There's a reason for the the countless recalls over there years.
OP... please listen to me and realize you will be a HUGE mistake if you end up buying this vehicle.
i said it falls on maintenance and DESIGN. not the actual amount of cylinders. read please

My dad has almost 200k on his 03 Accord, but like everyone else has been saying, 7 thousand is too much.

:lol: Yeah right.... Honda's V6 transmission SUCKS! Point blank! There's a reason for the the countless recalls over there years.

i said it falls on maintenance and DESIGN. not the actual amount of cylinders. read please

Nope. Try again... there's a reason why I quoted your last statement, in which I replied too. (I increased the font size to further help you understand) Honda + V6 + Auto = Transmission Failure.

And I LOVE Honda.

Last edited:
exactly. and check carcompliants.com to see what are some common issues with that car.

What else do you know about the car? Original motor and ******? Honda's automatics are notorious for failures, the generation before this one especially. I wouldn't touch that car for that price but it's up to you and it's your money.

You can get something waay better for 7k. I hope you didnt buy it. Pass

Edit:

Check your inbox

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom