80s Lakers or 90s Bulls

Bulls, it's not even close to me. The weakest Bulls chip team beat Magic's Lakers in 5 games in 91 it was probably Jordan's 2nd worse finalsappearence too.

It has to be the Lakers those teams were SOO deep its riduclous! The 3-headed monster would get mashed by Kareem's sky hook. MJ would literaly have toscore 50 every game of the series for the Bulls to win.

Patrick Ewing also didnt have another true great player on his team. John Starks? Anthony Mason? No!

1980s basketball was way better than 90s basketball in part because of expansion.

nm_87lakers_080603_ssh.jpg

This is Niketalk of course people suck Jordan but the Lakers were better. The Celtic teams they beat were much better than any team Jordan played.

The weakest Bulls chip team beat Magic's Lakers in 5 games in 91 it was probably Jordan's 2nd worse finals appearence too.
That was the weakest Laker team as well
laugh.gif
Byron and Jameseven sat out the last game because of hamstring and knee injuries. Not to mention Dundleavy's half court offense slowed the team down. And i doubt thatwas Jordan's worst finals.. Jordan in Game 2
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
what was that now? 15-18 shooting? something like that Not to mention Paxonwas like 8-8
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
We got owned
laugh.gif
tired.gif
I'd say Jordan's worst finals was 1998 just by FG %. (i haven'tchecked the stats so correct me if I'm wrong) But he was missing fadeaways before making that last clutch shot.

Yes Michael Jordan > anyone on the 80s Laker team easily... but its a team sport! we're talking Lakers vs Bulls. Not Lakers vs MJ.

Anyway, the 80s Laker team was so deep. You had a defensive player of the year coming of the bench in Michael Cooper who can "guard" Michael Jordanin the perimeter. BUT Jordan would just easily post up Coop's skinny a** (and Byron too) and hit his fadeaways. The Lakers had great 'team'defense. Meaning, they were good in helping out with double teams. Magic during his first few years lead the league in steals. But the Bulls had 3 greatindividual defenders in MJ, Scottie, and Rodman. Pippen and Rodman would definitely take turns to guard Magic and annoy him with no need for a double teamwhich would work to against the Lakers because Magic would always find an open man when double teamed. There will be no answer for the 1980-1985 Kareemthough.... like there will be no answer for the 1991-98 Jordan
laugh.gif
Nowif we base it on the 1988-89 Kareem, the Bulls can body him with Will Perdue or Bill Cartwright.

The Bulls would have been the best defensive team the Lakers would have faced... and they have faced teams like Detroit and Boston. But the Bulls big 3 cancontain their fast break with Rodman's offensive rebounding or Pippen and Jordan getting back quickly on defense.

It be close, but I'd say Bulls 90s over Lakers 80s in 7 games. (we're not talking 91 lakers okay
laugh.gif
mad.gif
)

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Michael Jordan doesn't lose in the NBA Finals.

/thread
I have to agree with this......(gulp)......Cardinal fan.

I posted something about this a while back on ISS, only to have the thread deleted and never to be argued again.

IMHO, the 90's Bulls kryponite was a good defensive team. Which is why they had so much trouble with physical teams like the Knicks and mental of the Pistons. The showtime Lakers bread and butter was not hard-nosed defense, everyone knew that. Put a defensive minded team like the 90's Bulls, along with the greatest scorer and clutch, finisher of all-time, against one of the greatest starting fives of all time, in terms of fast paced offense, and IMHO, defense will always win the game for you. Paired with the "MJ doesn't lose in the Finals
laugh.gif
and there you have it. Bulls in 7 in a hard, hard and high scoring series.

Bird's Celtics of the 80's played better defense than the Lakers, and look how many games MJ's Bulls in the 80's won.....ZERO. Including that 63 point masterpiece.

Finally, this is all speculation, we will never know.
nerd.gif

they were a 30-40 win team when the two teams met in 1986 and 1987 while the celtics were at the top of their game so ill give jordan and the bulls a pass onthat one.

Originally Posted by 1D

Bulls, it's not even close to me. The weakest Bulls chip team beat Magic's Lakers in 5 games in 91 it was probably Jordan's 2nd worse finals appearence too.

the 1991 lakers were a shell of their former selves

kareem was gone
michael cooper was gone
worthy was injured

terry teagle, elden campell, and tony smith saw alot of minutes in that series.

also mike dunleavy was coaching the team, theres no way in hell mike dunleavy was going to beat phil jackson in the finals.

i can understand picking the bulls because it can go either way 90's bulls vs 80's lakers, but to say its not even close is just being a homer orjordan fanboy and im sure bulls fans can agree with that one.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

so is it safe to say that jordan didn't have a weak team at all for his championship teams?
that he actually had a legit squad that he didn't have to carry?
Who said Jordan had a weak team?

How often do you see weak teams win championships?

Some real disrespect goin on in this thread on both sides

First of all...why are people bringing the 91 Lakers into this...80'S Lakers ...91 had no kareem and and injured worthy/scott

2nd there are at least 2 diff showtime Laker squads so which one are we talkin about ?

Lastly....To those saying Kareem would've been "slowed down" by these defenders....NO ONE slowed down the Sky hook...notWilt/Parish/Mchale/Gilmore/Thurmound/Dream etc...so watch what you say. NO ONE slowed down Jordan...guy was unstoppable. Period.

It would come down to the better team...which are the Lakers. Worthy IMO is the X-factor in this series.

Lakers in 7

Lakers. And the thing is, I'm clearly a modern day Lakers fan (since 99) but it's hard as HELL giving up that OG Bulls homerism
grin.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Yes Michael Jordan > anyone on the 80s Laker team easily... but its a team sport! we're talking Lakers vs Bulls. Not Lakers vs MJ.
woah, if were talking in their primes in a big playoff game mj was definitely not "easily" better than magic.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

He beat Pat year after year. Beat Shaq in 96.

They were great.

Bulls in 6.
I totally agree... When you challenged Mike, he always shift to a higher level... He already passed the "Bad Boys", so he won't letit fail against other powerful teams.. For me, it's Game 6, Bulls

Lakers fans,look we all know the answer to this...you guys feel it in y'all heart and try to deny it by making silly threads like this.

The logic that "mj never lost in the finals" is just complete garbage. The 90's were pretty damn weak when you compare it to the 80's.It's crazy that 2 of the 3 greatest teams of all time got to play each other when you think about it.

Originally Posted by Black Entourage inc

Some real disrespect goin on in this thread on both sides

First of all...why are people bringing the 91 Lakers into this...80'S Lakers ...91 had no kareem and and injured worthy/scott

2nd there are at least 2 diff showtime Laker squads so which one are we talkin about ?

Lastly....To those saying Kareem would've been "slowed down" by these defenders....NO ONE slowed down the Sky hook...not Wilt/Parish/Mchale/Gilmore/Thurmound/Dream etc...so watch what you say. NO ONE slowed down Jordan...guy was unstoppable. Period.

It would come down to the better team...which are the Lakers. Worthy IMO is the X-factor in this series.

Lakers in 7

i like this dudes thinking
pimp.gif

now i got a question for bulls fans, which 3 peat teams do you guys think were better? the 91-93 teams or the 96-98 teams. ive been stuck thinking thatthe first 3 peat teams had more talent and won when the league was still tougher and less watered down (pre toronto vancouver expansion)

I think people fail to realize that from 88-96(Jordan's prime) there were 6 Expansion teams( compared to 1 Expansionteam from 76-88
eek.gif

You tell me that doesnt water down the leauge you are crazy.

Back
Top Bottom