81 year old woman loses $85,000 life savings...you can't make this up...

checks, wire transfers, technology... what bank in their right mind would allow such a thing to take place.

Sounds to me like she didnt want anyone else to touch to the money, has the money still, and will soon move away and live out the rest of her years on top.

I would keep the damn money.
smh.gif
The bank leting her walk out with all that money.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Sounds to me like she didnt want anyone else to touch to the money, has the money still, and will soon move away and live out the rest of her years on top.
it's 85k...not 500k

i dont believe it.

1) envelope of 85k...right.
2) bank parking lot would have enough cameras w/ video proof
3) paying any bill with 85k cash...
4) she has a bank account, but pays in cash instead of check

85k in one envelope is way to much.

why would she take out all her money just to pay one bill.

if true that sucks

She's lying , and don't they have cameras in the parking lot to catch whoever picked it up if this were true

Better believe I went to where she lost the money at. I live right down the road from that bank. And she didnt take it out of an account, she had it in her safety deposit box. For what reason i dont know.....I was super hype when i heard about it.

What doesn't make sense is that she was taking out 85k to pay a bill....no place I've ever dealt with in regards to hospitals, banks or the like take cash, they almost all take credit/check/money order.

My-T.

there's no way I could just keep that much money if I found it.
my conscious wouldn't let me

Originally Posted by omgitswes

there's no way I could just keep that much money if I found it.
my conscious wouldn't let me

Definitely. And from an old lady trying to pay for her husbands medical bils at that...if the story is true, no way in hell I could keep that money, I'd feel like a piece of *!** for the rest of my life.

$85,000 in an envelope?! Agreed, story sounds hella fishy.....somebody call Sherlock, he'll figure this @@+# out in 2 minutes flat.

Back
Top Bottom