__Best Bank?

Besides Bank of America
tired.gif

It's official i'm closing my BoA account. They killin' me with these overdraft fees.

What's the best bank? I was looking into TD bank...

If its overdraft fees that are killing you then I doubt you're going to find a bank that doesn't. I have PNC and have had no problems with them.However, it seems what you need is better money management skills.

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

Besides Bank of America
tired.gif

It's official i'm closing my BoA account. They killin' me with these overdraft fees.

What's the best bank? I was looking into TD bank...
As someone else stated and more people will state, you need better money management skills. Changing banks won't accomplish much but put aband-aid over a broken bone.

Most top banks have overdraft fees. If you want to live beyond your means, get a credit card. That way you can pay off everything with money you dont have bythe end of the month.
Over-drafting? Where they do that.

You could find one of those B.S. regional banks. They tend to be more lenient to over-drafters, but a lot of them have been failing lately.

I'm with CapitalOne and I feel like I'm missing out on banks like Chase. Apparently Chase gives you points for every dollar you spend or something.With CapitalOne, I get nothing.

Should I switch to Chase? I live in New York and I always see Chase banks around.

Originally Posted by TuBbBbBbY

I'm with CapitalOne and I feel like I'm missing out on banks like Chase. Apparently Chase gives you points for every dollar you spend or something. With CapitalOne, I get nothing.

Should I switch to Chase? I live in New York and I always see Chase banks around.
Just got this in the mail 2 days ago.

Better money mgmt skills is what you need, but you arent trying to hear a lecture.

Check with your State to see if there are Credit Unions. They have better rates, cheaper NSF Fees for you, and once you are established you can get a betterrate on loans.

Im with SECU of Maryland. Best bank ever hands down after leaving BOA for their incompetant tellers placing wrong holds on payroll checks causing overdraftfees and my car note and rent checks to bounce due to thier mistake.

Not to mention doesnt BOA charge another NSF fee after like being more than 4 days overdrawn???

I feel you (minus the overdraft fees, I am cool on that), I decided last night I want to move on from BofA. As for Chase, I hate that company, their customerservice is horrible.

I hate Wells Fargo. I used to work for them, and now I hear they have even crazier requirements to make your checking account "free". Plus that dangbank has this air of snobbiness that rubs me the wrong way. I am at a credit union now and love it.

Bank of Under the Mattress. It lets you keep all your money, no atm fees, no withdraw/deposit minimums, can actually watch your money grow.

Only downsides are that their is usually only one location and it's not FDIC insured and doesn't cover when fools run up in your crib.

How do I go about canceling with CapitalOne? I've got a lot of money in my checking account. How do I transfer all that to Chase?

I like M&T Bank, but for the most part all the banks are similar in fee structure etc. To me, location of branches, # of atm's, and customer service inmy home branch are the most important to me. It doesn't hurt if they hook it up with a nice gift or some $$ when you open the account either.

I've heard so many horror stories about BofA lately.

They charged my girl and overdraft fee for being overdraft for 5 days, and would continue to assess them every so often until you bring your account up.

She switched to Chase.

Originally Posted by 23kidd

I use M&T...no problems with them.

This bank is terrible, if you have problems overdrafting don't go with this bank. They charge you an extra 5 - 10 dollars every 5 days your account isoverdrafted and after a couple of weeks will lock your account. after they lock it they make you unlock it at the bank branch you opened it up at.

But seriously you need to manage your money better, every bank has overdraft fees. Good thing about them is if youre accidentally billed and overdraft, theycan reverse the charges. Also if youre frauded BoA gets your money back. It really is a good bank to have, you just need to learn what to do with your money

Back
Top Bottom