A$AP

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I'm neither. I'm just telling you guys the reality of it. NY Times and Fader aren't hip hop exclusive publications and labels have the pull and pay to get placements. Fader is usually good at predicting breakout artists, and it seems they're on the money...but it all seems to have been an engineered effort to me. That's just me looking at it from an industry standpoint though.

Here's an article XXL did on Payola in online media: http://www.xxlmag.com/blo...line-hip-hop-journalism/

But it exists on the radio too.

It was just weird to me that only Enuff played his stuff.

Da fact that magnus said "only enuff plays his record" lets me know he knows exactly what he's talkin bout...enuff is da only person in MY playin a$ap on da radio...& its on da 5 o'clock rush hour...da fact that no one plays his record in NYC raisesRed flags for me....a cat like vado will get spins everywhere on hot 97 universally.

I'm neither. I'm just telling you guys the reality of it. NY Times and Fader aren't hip hop exclusive publications and labels have the pull and pay to get placements. Fader is usually good at predicting breakout artists, and it seems they're on the money...but it all seems to have been an engineered effort to me. That's just me looking at it from an industry standpoint though.

Here's an article XXL did on Payola in online media: http://www.xxlmag.com/blo...line-hip-hop-journalism/

Da fact that magnus said "only enuff plays his record" lets me know he knows exactly what he's talkin bout...enuff is da only person in MY playin a$ap on da radio...& its on da 5 o'clock rush hour...da fact that no one plays his record in NYC raisesRed flags for me....a cat like vado will get spins everywhere on hot 97 universally.

I just find it funny that everyone out of state is proclaiming dude as NY's savior and NO ONE I know in NYC, outside of the internet, knows anything about him. 
laugh.gif

I just find it funny that everyone out of state is proclaiming dude as NY's savior and NO ONE I know in NYC, outside of the internet, knows anything about him. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

This isn't the 90's. You don't have to be big in NY to be successful anymore.

Building a buzz on the net is the real formula to getting on/success/eventual success nowadaysRocky already won with a 3m deal. 1.7 solo and 1.3 for his own ASAP Worldwide labelWith a dope tape that even ninja acknowledges, what are we even arguing about, like Scott said

Building a buzz on the net is the real formula to getting on/success/eventual success nowadaysRocky already won with a 3m deal. 1.7 solo and 1.3 for his own ASAP Worldwide labelWith a dope tape that even ninja acknowledges, what are we even arguing about, like Scott said

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

No is calling him the savior. We are just saying he's the first NY rapper we care about in a while

I understand that....just think its weird that the general public in his "hometown" doesn't know that he exists.

No is calling him the savior. We are just saying he's the first NY rapper we care about in a while

I understand that....just think its weird that the general public in his "hometown" doesn't know that he exists.

Hot 97 sucks though, the radio hasn't been decent in NYC since I was in middle school. Dudes play the same tired songs over and over again for the most part, if there what your using to determine who's hot, well you can have them

Hot 97 sucks though, the radio hasn't been decent in NYC since I was in middle school. Dudes play the same tired songs over and over again for the most part, if there what your using to determine who's hot, well you can have them

nobody is begging for a vado feature

asap def has the best sound outta anybody with any type of buzz in ny

Back
Top Bottom