A$AP

it aint even about going with the winning team

you can be tryna feed your fam and all that, doesnt necessarily mean imma rock with yo music cause of that

this isnt a game of hand outs. Either your bringing quality music to the table or your just another generic rapper in my book, idc where youre from

and this coming from me, i stay in houston now, but im from LA. Ive learned to respect the culture from here, i sure dont rock with all the rappers from here though

just like there are some rappers in the westcoast i dont F with... shrugs

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Wow. Few of the dudes I had no clue who they were or that they were even in the crew. But somehow I guess through Rocky blowing up ASAP Bari thinks that everyone in the industry is wearing skinny jeans and Nike destroyer jackets because of him, Ty Beats wants to build his own college and "originate +*#% in technology, archaeology and everything with an ology at the end", then you got this dude ASAP Ant, who probably smokes boat, talking about smacking Tyler the Creator for no reason. ASAP Twelvy saying he's going to direct his own films and work with Nike to put out his own sneaker?
But one dude who Rocky better support til the day he dies is ASAP Yams. Sounds to me that he's pretty much the reason that Rocky blew up seemingly out of absolutely nowhere. Got his music out there to everyone on the internet. Dudes said they wouldn't even see the guy outside his place for months sometimes. He just stayed on the computer and promoted Rocky until the right people came across his music, Drake being one of them I guess? I knew there was a good reason he was around Rocky all the time.
I don't think the dude Bari was saying that. I think he was saying that they were part of the SoHo culture that was doing the skinny jeans and gettin fly type isht since way back and that dudes like Wayne and what not just started to rock a few years ago. So he doesn't want people looking at them like they're doing it cause its the thing to do now when they been on that. That's what I took from it. And the Tyler the Creator thing is well deserved. From what I understand they came at the A$AP dudes first out of left field on some hatin isht.

Alright I haven't lived up north since 2004.....but wearing skinny jeans and "gettin fly type isht?" (I don't even know what exactly you mean by that)....when did dudes start wearing skinny jeans before 2008? I know that's the year that I started wearing them, and I was by far the first dude in my area to start rockin em besides scene/emo type dudes. And I live in a pretty artsy place in North Carolina that's up on fashion. I wanna say Kid CuDi was the first black dude I ever saw wear skinnys. Kanye rode his whole wave with 808 and Heartbreak, then Wayne came out with A Milli with the red skinnys and that's when people started rockin the different colored ones. All of that happened in 2008. I don't know anybody up north that was into fashion that skipped the whole Ed Hardy/slim fit buttoned back pockets jeans era that was in 2007, so let's not act like anybody was doing the skinny jeans look "since way back" except ayo dudes, and emo/rock people.

Wow. Few of the dudes I had no clue who they were or that they were even in the crew. But somehow I guess through Rocky blowing up ASAP Bari thinks that everyone in the industry is wearing skinny jeans and Nike destroyer jackets because of him, Ty Beats wants to build his own college and "originate +*#% in technology, archaeology and everything with an ology at the end", then you got this dude ASAP Ant, who probably smokes boat, talking about smacking Tyler the Creator for no reason. ASAP Twelvy saying he's going to direct his own films and work with Nike to put out his own sneaker?
But one dude who Rocky better support til the day he dies is ASAP Yams. Sounds to me that he's pretty much the reason that Rocky blew up seemingly out of absolutely nowhere. Got his music out there to everyone on the internet. Dudes said they wouldn't even see the guy outside his place for months sometimes. He just stayed on the computer and promoted Rocky until the right people came across his music, Drake being one of them I guess? I knew there was a good reason he was around Rocky all the time.
I don't think the dude Bari was saying that. I think he was saying that they were part of the SoHo culture that was doing the skinny jeans and gettin fly type isht since way back and that dudes like Wayne and what not just started to rock a few years ago. So he doesn't want people looking at them like they're doing it cause its the thing to do now when they been on that. That's what I took from it. And the Tyler the Creator thing is well deserved. From what I understand they came at the A$AP dudes first out of left field on some hatin isht.

Alright I haven't lived up north since 2004.....but wearing skinny jeans and "gettin fly type isht?" (I don't even know what exactly you mean by that)....when did dudes start wearing skinny jeans before 2008? I know that's the year that I started wearing them, and I was by far the first dude in my area to start rockin em besides scene/emo type dudes. And I live in a pretty artsy place in North Carolina that's up on fashion. I wanna say Kid CuDi was the first black dude I ever saw wear skinnys. Kanye rode his whole wave with 808 and Heartbreak, then Wayne came out with A Milli with the red skinnys and that's when people started rockin the different colored ones. All of that happened in 2008. I don't know anybody up north that was into fashion that skipped the whole Ed Hardy/slim fit buttoned back pockets jeans era that was in 2007, so let's not act like anybody was doing the skinny jeans look "since way back" except ayo dudes, and emo/rock people.

Marcus Manchild is wack. Kirko Bangz is wack. Killa wrecks, but his missed the boat a long, long, long time ago. Cats in Texas are salty over A$AP sounding like he's from Texas, but I have no clue as to why they're upset about it?

Sidenote: EVERYONE works for Scoremore.

Marcus Manchild is wack. Kirko Bangz is wack. Killa wrecks, but his missed the boat a long, long, long time ago. Cats in Texas are salty over A$AP sounding like he's from Texas, but I have no clue as to why they're upset about it?

LES , Soho , and small parts of Harlem and the BX been wearing small undershirts , slim trues, slim rock and republics , and skinny jeans since like 2006. Wayne came up here jocked dipset whole rockstar $#@! and then everywhere else followed . I got pictures of me when I was 14 wearing fitted Antik jeans dudes jack everything from NYC and start wearing $#@! we been wearing mad years later. I'm in Atlanta right now and mogs actin like True Religion is some new $#@!

LES , Soho , and small parts of Harlem and the BX been wearing small undershirts , slim trues, slim rock and republics , and skinny jeans since like 2006. Wayne came up here jocked dipset whole rockstar $#@! and then everywhere else followed . I got pictures of me when I was 14 wearing fitted Antik jeans dudes jack everything from NYC and start wearing $#@! we been wearing mad years later. I'm in Atlanta right now and mogs actin like True Religion is some new $#@!

What you fail to understand is that "ayo" dudes and emo/rock heads and hipsters and all that other stuff come together and merge in SoHo and the LES with the high fashion heads and hiphop heads. Them ASAP kids kinda alluded to it in the interviews. That's where they got it from. HipHop did not start the skinny jean trend. It's been around forever but it was reintroduced into the mainstream first with women's skinny jeans and then men's, all in the early 2000's. HipHop then assimilated it from the fashion fwd, counter-culture crowd. The best and most obvious place for that to happen was in SoHo. And what I meant by getting fly is dressing with the purpose of people noticing your fashion. If you ever walk in SoHo you can see that everyone out there is dressed with a purpose. It's unlike any other area in NYC. And not everyone was doing baggy jeans and jerseys back then. Whatever the current mainstream culture is, there will ALWAYS be counter-culture. I saw the skinny jean look starting to bubble as far back as the early 03/04 and that's just what I've perceived with my own eyes, no tellin when it really started. I remember mostly because I can remember how long I've been laughing at dudes in tight %$@ jeans in SoHo lol. Kid Cudi moved to NYC early last decade if I'm not mistaken and he was part of that SoHo culture. He's probably picked it up there and been rocking skinny jeans since then.

What you fail to understand is that "ayo" dudes and emo/rock heads and hipsters and all that other stuff come together and merge in SoHo and the LES with the high fashion heads and hiphop heads. Them ASAP kids kinda alluded to it in the interviews. That's where they got it from. HipHop did not start the skinny jean trend. It's been around forever but it was reintroduced into the mainstream first with women's skinny jeans and then men's, all in the early 2000's. HipHop then assimilated it from the fashion fwd, counter-culture crowd. The best and most obvious place for that to happen was in SoHo. And what I meant by getting fly is dressing with the purpose of people noticing your fashion. If you ever walk in SoHo you can see that everyone out there is dressed with a purpose. It's unlike any other area in NYC. And not everyone was doing baggy jeans and jerseys back then. Whatever the current mainstream culture is, there will ALWAYS be counter-culture. I saw the skinny jean look starting to bubble as far back as the early 03/04 and that's just what I've perceived with my own eyes, no tellin when it really started. I remember mostly because I can remember how long I've been laughing at dudes in tight %$@ jeans in SoHo lol. Kid Cudi moved to NYC early last decade if I'm not mistaken and he was part of that SoHo culture. He's probably picked it up there and been rocking skinny jeans since then.

Man who gives a **#%
laugh.gif
. Just enjoy the music and keep it moving. Regardless of where he comes from, what "style" of music he possesses, dude is dope point blank period.

Hope he doesn't fall off though but I don't see it happening as long as Ty Beats x Spaceghostpurrp keep producing for him. In house producers > _____

Man who gives a **#%
laugh.gif
. Just enjoy the music and keep it moving. Regardless of where he comes from, what "style" of music he possesses, dude is dope point blank period.

Hope he doesn't fall off though but I don't see it happening as long as Ty Beats x Spaceghostpurrp keep producing for him. In house producers > _____

Yeah no !$!@ people were wearing SLIM fitting jeans back then. Normal people wearing SKINNYS in 2006? No. Stop. Especially black dudes in NYC....people were either on the Ed Hardy, slim fitting thermals and v-necks or they were on Geno Green Global and other big wack !$!@ from rocking with Papoose and them back then, or they were on Bape or LRG skateboarding type look.

Yeah no !$!@ people were wearing SLIM fitting jeans back then. Normal people wearing SKINNYS in 2006? No. Stop. Especially black dudes in NYC....people were either on the Ed Hardy, slim fitting thermals and v-necks or they were on Geno Green Global and other big wack !$!@ from rocking with Papoose and them back then, or they were on Bape or LRG skateboarding type look.

Son u sound silly lol. What do you mean normal people? You gotta step outside your box. Look up the term counter-culture and learn you something. Just because the current hiphop climate was Ed Hardy and whatever else, doesn't mean there weren't people who were into hiphop doing something completely different.

And not that it matters but I never wore any of that stuff that you mentioned lol.

Son u sound silly lol. What do you mean normal people? You gotta step outside your box. Look up the term counter-culture and learn you something. Just because the current hiphop climate was Ed Hardy and whatever else, doesn't mean there weren't people who were into hiphop doing something completely different.

And not that it matters but I never wore any of that stuff that you mentioned lol.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom