A Call to Mass Sneakerheads: TLK 10.10.10

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
A CALL TO SNEAKERHEADS: we are looking for 10 sneaker collectors who want to display 10 of their rarest, sickest, favorite shoes at the next Tightly Laced Kicks event on 10.10.10. It would be cool if each collector displayed 10 of the same model, i.e. 10 different Nike Dunks, 10 different Reebok Pumps, etc. If the preferance amongst collectors is to display an array of brands and styles, that works as well. The ultimate goal is to display 100 of the best sneakers in Massachusetts! (10 collectors x 10 kicks = 100 kicks!). Please send me a detailed list of the kicks you are interested in displaying. If we get more than 10 submissions, we will pick the collections that vary the most. On the night of the event, collectors only need to bring the right shoe and not the pair. We will not be able to pay annyone but I am working on some incentives for the 10 collectors. The event will take place on October 10, 2010. (10.10.10) Please send submissions to: tigthlylacedkicks@gmail.com. Pictures would be appreciated, detailed descriptions are good. Thank you.
For more info go to: www.thealrocksalotexperiment.blogspot.com... click on the "Tightly Laced Kicks" logo above my profile for more info & pictures from the first TLK event.

(Tightly Laced Kicks was created in 2004, at a time when sneakers were rapidly growing in mainstream popularity. Boston's "sneaker head" population was exploding! Sneaker boutiques such as Concepts and mom & pop sneaker stores like Expressions had special accounts with sneaker companies which meant they carried the limited and hard to find kicks that Footlocker wouldn't carry. The demand was always bigger than the supply and this always led to long lines on release days and people leaving disappointed and without a pair because they sold out. The Tightly Laced Kicks concept was created to give these collectors a venue to display their stories, their collections, the kicks that shine when they hit the open pavement.)
[/font]
[/font]

[/font]

Back
Top Bottom