A good way to tell you're gettin' old.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

wait until your friends start having kids Six..
A lot of my friends do, and I have 10 nephews/nieces
smh.gif

Already there, Dirtay! They jus don't get no dang gifts - haha - and a quite a few of my friends had kids real young. So, realizin how old them kids areis what gets me.

So does realizin that when someone says early 20's as their age, I think about what I was doin way back when I was their age... Often it feels like alifetime ago.
Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

When you have to work the ache out of muscles and joints every day. When you know the weather is turning because !#!# hurts.

You are not lyin. This is me, as well - I have to do old man stretches before I play ball - rotate my knees and junk.

Preach.

Now that I'm grown, I have no legit excuse to NOT buy presents. While I like giving, it kinda sucks. lol

Even after college I got away with not buying anything for a few years because I could just use the "still trying to find a good job" excuse.

I'll raise you one though--wait until you get married. That's when you reaaaalllly spend a grip on gifts for everyone on the damn planet. And the waituntil you have kids and you have to buy presents for their teachers and random students in their class.

This Christmas I swear I've spent more money on extended family and strangers than I have my immediate family.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

A lot of my friends do, and I have 10 nephews/nieces
smh.gif
I forgot, my dad finally remarried so I have another step-brother. He'd basically been a brother for years, but that gives me 13 totalnephews/neices.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

i'll do you one better...

when you realize the entire class of 3rd graders that you teach math to everyday were born post-2000
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]well 3rd grade = 7/8 y.o.....so it does make sense[/color]

A good way to know you're getting old to me, is when you work every Saturday, sometimes Sunday, and you feel it's normal to do that.

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

i'll do you one better...

when you realize the entire class of 3rd graders that you teach math to everyday were born post-2000
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]well 3rd grade = 7/8 y.o.....so it does make sense[/color]
of course
laugh.gif
...i think he was just talking about seeing whatyear they were born on on their paper
laugh.gif

great thread.

"GIVING is LIVING." This is the first time I've really spent some time and money on gifts for loved ones, it feels pretty good doing so.

For my:

Mom: Coach bag & Coach scarf
Dad: Guess Watch & Tie
Sister: Burberry Scarf & Gloves
Brother: Express Dress Shirt

I realized I was old this X-mas season when people asked me what I wanted and I

couldn't think of anything
sick.gif

I did a nice job with gifts for the fam

Pops: random movies from TCM.com i never heard of smh @ $30.00 dvds
Moms: Tix to Radio City Xmas show for her and my pop
Sisters: chuck taylors/Harry Potter, and the other 2 gift cards

I need A real GF that I like but I saved a bunch of money not having one this year
pimp.gif

Yeah, I'm there. O L D. I've stopped anticipating getting good gifts. To me it's all about giving. It's the thought that counts when I get agift. Besides, I only get the best gifts to myself...

You know your getting old when:

Friday and Saturday nights dont excite you like they did in HS.

You could care a less when the "new" jordans come out

You shave every 2 days

When every conversation you have with people goes like this

wasup?
Nothing just been working

What you doing this weekend?
working

What you been doing lately?
working

everything is chillin and workin

When you start to realize all the things your parents said "You will understand when you are older"

When sports is nothing but entertainment, and you realize that only 3 or four teams really have a chance in each sport.

When I am more excited about getting money than toys for christmas.

Dreading your birthday.

You are a good dude for hooking it up on x-mas!!! I bet your family appreciates it.

I know I'm getting older by how many friends of mine have fallen off. It's sad to say. Been growing apart from the people that I was once closest to.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Your credit score going up is in direct correlation with your hairline going back.
hate to say it but
grin.gif
yes.
staying home on thur-sun nights.

Back
Top Bottom