A.I. Salty already

"If Allen Iverson says something that anybody doesn't agree with, yes, it's a big deal," Iverson said. "That's what [the media] loves, man. Like I said a million times, it ain't no good story if it's a positive story on Allen Iverson. You don't want to do nothing about me for no charity or nothing like that. You blow it up or something like that. It sells, don't it? Well, in this country it does.

"I talked to [reporters] for 30 minutes [in Sacramento], and the only thing that came out of it was about my butt being on the bench. Worldwide, it's the negative comments. If I talk to somebody for 30 minutes and I'm borderline negative on anything I talk about, they're going to write that story about that quote that I made. They're not going to write anything about anything else. I would think at this point in my career that stuff would get old. But it don't.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaalways somebody else's fault. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeever AI's.
laugh.gif

Only 75 more games to go Allen.
laugh.gif

yeah he didnt absolutely fry last night ... ... ...

the grizzlies suck and ai is the best player on their team ... seriously ... he is

[h2]Grizzlies owner: Hollins is in charge[/h2]

Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins has made it clear that Allen Iverson is still coming off the bench, despite the player's complaints about being utilized as a reserve -- and his owner is backing him.

In Wednesday's 113-105 loss at Golden State,Iverson was again in a reserve role but saw more time, playing 28 minutes. He scored 18 points and passed the 24,000-point mark for his career, becoming the 16th player in NBA history to do so. He scored six of his points in the first half during a 17-0 run that gave Memphis an early lead.

Hollins said Wednesday that Iverson's minutes will increase from game to game, but cautioned that he's still fitting him into the backcourt rotation with Mike Conley and O.J. Mayo. Hollins did not say whether Iverson would start in the future, according to The Commercial Appeal.

Is Hollins really in charge?
laugh.gif

AI is the only dude I know who can publicly complain about minutes and then get rewarded with more PT...wait, he's on the Grizzlies so maybe that's apunishment.

Again, all he has to do is continue to put up good numbers in the limited minutes he's been getting. Soon Memphis fans will start to complain louder thatA.I. should be the starting over that "stuckey 2.0" fella they have now.

I hope they give Allen his full minutes for this upcoming Laker game because they're going to need him. Unless the foolish faith in "stuckey 2.0"is still too strong.

AI does make some valid points though. If the Grizzlies stay losing then I think the coach has to give AI the starting nod and see how it goes. If theGrizzlies don't improve then it's game over for AI. He can't say anything then. But he will...

AI is a good dude. Haha. Dude was crying in that one thread about his scholarship thingy this summer...

Grizzlies need to play some better defense if they want to win.

i watched the game and Iverson does do a better job then lame Conley. But, Iverson is not the coach and should play his part. He could be great sixth man offthe bench easily. I think this will be his last year. Nobody wants and 30+ year old demanding #$!$.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

What the hell are ya'll talking about?!

A.I. is wayy better than Conley!! A.I. is a starter and always should be.

All-Star team, Olympic teams, Finals team...ya'll in this thread talking like A.I. is a bum.

Ya'll must've not been around when A.I. was doing his thing in the early 2000's.....ya'll must've forgot huh?
smh.gif

A.I. > that whole damn memphis squad.

This is precisely the point. The landscape of the NBA has changed entirely since the early 2000's. Think of how different the NBA was in 2003 (the lasttime Iverson was relevant)-- hell, even 2005.

All of the accolades, while impressive, mean nothing in the present.

Iverson has a classic case of Shaq syndrome.

Let's be honest: Iverson is not the player he once was. As an older, slower, and more fragile player, Iverson cannot rely on the same athletic skill setthat saw him flourish in the late 90's-early 2000's. The problem is, he is too big-headed to realize it (apparently some of his fans are, too).

Chuck needs to accept his role. Period.

How can one tell if he's truly "done" if they keep his minutes down? Let him loose and see what happens then. No?

Back
Top Bottom