a jumpman on the infareds?

if you think they need to put "Nike Air" on their shoes to sell them, you are wrong. Even in this forum there are plenty of people that have saidthey do not care. And if anybody will care it is people in this forum. The average person is not going to give a rats a$s. In fact, most average consumersPREFER the jumpman because the average consumer thinks jumpman = cool. So do not think they would switch to Nike Air in order to sell. The fact of the matteris they might switch to Nike Air because these packs are more geared to people that "collect" jordans. They are anniversary limited packscommemorating a "special" year for Jordan. So, in that light Nike Air is more appropriate because these shoes are more about history than the averageretros.

As far as the 23 on the 10s. I am fairly confident they want at least one shoe in every pack to have a 23 on it. Because this whole pack thing is all about the23. Notice the 9/14 pack has no big changes, because 14s already have 23 written on them. As do 2s, some 5s, 7s, 8s, 11s, 12s, 15s, 18s, 19s, and 21s. Ican't recall if 17s and 20s do or not. If they do not then I expect 23s to be added to one of the shoes in the packs of 3/20 (hopefully not on the 3!!!)and 6/17, all the other packs will have a 23 already one one or both shoes. Thats my prediction. If 17 or 20s do have a 23 on them that I forgot about thenthose prolly wont be changed either.

Regardless Nike Air or Jumpman on the back of the VI it will still be copped and sold out.

I guarantee the majority in here who say NIKE AIR does not matter are under the age of 30. If you never had it then ofcourse it doesn't matter.

I've had the steak, I'm not going to settle for hotdogs now.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

I guarantee the majority in here who say NIKE AIR does not matter are under the age of 30. If you never had it then ofcourse it doesn't matter.

The majority of people in this forum and the majority of people still wearing basketball shoes are under the age of 30... old head. jk
wink.gif

everything on that table should have been released in 07
luckily it didnt, otherwise id be broker than i am now

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Doesnt really make much sense.

Im 26. I had the OG as a kid, and the retro in college. They are amongst my ALL TIME FAVORITE Jays!!

But to bicker over the most miniscule of details is asinine and beyond me.

I want the shoe. Period. The Nike Air / Jumpman is sewn on in all black and barely noticible.

And... I'd like my steak medium well.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Katrina 3s.

DMP had a jumpman...and theyre fine.

Besides, who crawling around, smelling your feet, to see if its Nike Air or Jumpman. Its miniscule to me.
Those are not Katrina IIIs they are sample three's made just for SC Las Vegas summer of '06. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

Those are Kobe Huaraches .. Worn by NT's favorite Retrokid.

I want the shoe. Period. The Nike Air / Jumpman is sewn on in all black and barely noticible.

Word!

While I would prefer N.A. , I dont mind the jumpman.

And I am over 30
happy.gif

The majority of people in this forum and the majority of people still wearing basketball shoes are under the age of 30... old head. jk
wink.gif

mad.gif

You got me there.
roll.gif

But I am in the minority of Old heads, I'm actually in better shape now than I was when I was in my 20's and play ball a couple of nights a week.

But back to the subject. NIKE AIR is what I grew up with and I just don't buy their excuse for not having it on there. To say your protecting collectors iscrazy, the only people who care about this are shoeheads and collectors. So your telling me our appreciation of a OG pair of III's would be any less ifthey put out a retro with NIKE AIR? Come on, If I had every pair of OG's with NIKE AIR I couldn't wear them now anyway, so ofcourse I would love tohave a retro to be able to wear, it doesn't diminish the value of the OG's one bit in my eyes.

If your into collecting for the money go buy stamps.

But to bicker over the most miniscule of details is asinine and beyond me
Well it's beyond you then if you think something as prominent as NIKE AIR on the heal is a miniscule detail.

146153efa4deb57a6d1fc63aeeb04ccd24437cb.pjpg

^^^great pic...

If the Jumpman is the same color as the base color of the shoe like on those Katrina 6's I don't mind it so much.....but yeah the excuse of why theydon't put it on is very lame....
ohwell.gif

i heard this preserve the OGs argument before, but i dunno where it started. The reason they really put jumpmen on there is that now a days a jumpman is seenas COOLER than nike air. thats right. the average person likes jumpmen better than swooshes and they dont give 2 stihs about what the shoes were like 15+ yearsago. the reason they might put nike air on the pack shoes is because the packs are more about the legacy and memory than normal retros.

i dont like the excuse that some people use saying that Nike Air LOOKS better. I dont buy it. I can buy 3thaman's reasoning because he does not likechanging his favorite shoes. Thats a real reason, saying that the words look better is silly IMO. it does not change the overall look of the shoe.

Originally Posted by jordanhead7792

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

laugh.gif

im coppin blk infrareds or carmines with or without nikeair
devil.gif

i dont see what the big deal is of jumpman and nikeair logos, you guys buy the shoes anyways
exactly i dont see whats the big deal either its just a symbol

NT is just ridiculous like that. This is the same place that said they wouldn't cop the retro playoff VIII's because the pulltab wasn't red likethe OG's
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by veGAtts

i heard this preserve the OGs argument before, but i dunno where it started.
it came directly out of Gentry's mouth in a Sole Collector interview.

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by veGAtts

i heard this preserve the OGs argument before, but i dunno where it started.
it came directly out of Gentry's mouth in a Sole Collector interview.
G said it at sole collector Las Vegas too.

those infrareds are looking
pimp.gif
. i wished they released.
jumpman/ nike air doesn't matter to me.

Back
Top Bottom