A Ma Maniere AJ1

toe box on the 85 mold is trash! y'all just be reaching for anything nowadays!

Actually playa..I don't like either.
20211208_002840.jpg

These should have been made using the 85 mold, considering the inspiration was the OG Metallic Maroons.

was that the inspiration behind it tho, james usually has a deeper meaning to his sneakers (nostalgia, community, black culture & telling our story, & timeless luxury). his colorways don't particularly pull from an older model, i think if anything it's just a coincidence. i believe he said the maroon was representative of the blood (family) from when you grow up in a closely knit black neighborhood, also for the blood shed for those of us that aren't here to celebrate our culture, he also said it connected to the ethos of jordan brand because of their use of "team red" on so many sneakers. the cracked leather was from the idea of wearing a worn in sneaker, he wanted something more than just a tumbled leather.

also... i could see him working on a 4 next, maniere did the air force 1 first, then the jordan 3 & now a jordan 1. the 4 gotta be next right... but his spin on an airmax 1 would be beautiful to me also.

was that the inspiration behind it tho, james usually has a deeper meaning to his sneakers (nostalgia, community, black culture & telling our story, & timeless luxury). his colorways don't particularly pull from an older model, i think if anything it's just a coincidence.

also... i could see him working on a 4 next, maniere did the air force 1 first, then the jordan 3 & now a jordan 1. the 4 gotta be next right... but his spin on an airmax 1 would be beautiful to me also.

Yeah it was. It's supposed to look like a aged OG Maroon with cracked leather. I'm sure it's a reason he chose that particular color.

Yeah it was. It's supposed to look like a aged OG Maroon with cracked leather. I'm sure it's a reason he chose that particular color.

again, it was not... i just explained to you in depth what it means, from the creator... so who we believing, him or you. & it looks absolutely nothing like an og maroon. additionally, his shoes are never done like that, there is always a story, that's the entire reasoning behind the label & his group itself. the sneakers are just a gateway to the insight, culture & stories, in hopes of changing the narrative of how we're seen, opening up more opportunities, & showing the ones who's never had a voice in society that these things are possible. it's always more than sneakers with the james whitner, do your googles. nothing he's ever done doesn't follow the same mantra....

again, it was not... i just explained to you in depth what it means, from the creator... so who we believing, him or you. & it looks absolutely nothing like an og maroon. additionally, his shoes are never done like that, there is always a story, that's the entire reasoning behind the label & his group itself. the sneakers are just a gateway to the insight, culture & stories, in hopes of changing the narrative of how we're seen, opening up more opportunities, & showing the ones who's never had a voice in society that these things are possible. it's always more than sneakers with the james whitner, do your googles. nothing he's ever done doesn't follow the same mantra....

You didn't explain nothing. You gave your opinion on why you think it wasn't inspired. It really doesn't matter at this point if either of us is wrong, the similarities speak for themselves. But I literally read it when the collab was announced.

You're probably one of those people who say the TSxFrag High wasn't inspired by the Unreleased sample....

Last edited:
if this was done in 85 mold, 80% of us wouldn't have been able to cop. JB love making only a pinch of 85 mold production numbers.
I'm still out in the water without them 85 NG1. hoping to cop a pair for sub 300 even if used

Even if he's wrong, when pics first surfaced of the AMM1 I thought the same thing that they were inspired by the OG Metallic Maroon. It just looks like a supped up vintage take on them. It's an obvious observation and for that reason only is why I wanted them. With having these I won't be mad not having the regular OG version.

Na fam he actually wasn’t giving his opinion, he got that from Whitaker himself

Lmao...yall dudes give me a headache. Absolutely no where did he did he say the design was completely made from scratch. He said why he picked Maroon but obviously the template was based off that OG. Only thing he really changed was the leather and freeing the wings , and explained why. There is no such thing a coincidence in design. Sad that hype kills brain cells

Lmao...yall dudes give me a headache. Absolutely no where did he did he say the design was completely made from scratch. He said why he picked Maroon but obviously the template was based off that OG. Only thing he really changed was the leather, and explained why. There is no such thing a coincidence in design. Sad that hype kills brain cells
Eh, he never said that so now you’re just sharing your opinion

Back
Top Bottom