A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

That may have truth to it in some scenarios but most of what I've seen is kids that still live at home spending a months worth of hard earned money to impress their boys.
I couldnt tell you home many times I've seen in person or in pics someone flossing kicks they just picked up for $1k from a reseller while driving around in their 98 Honda Accord.
In reality it's the value people put on their money. Paying $500 to a reseller when they paid $200 is crazy to me. Nothing to do with income. There's no shoe in the world I need that much.
There's literally millions of shoes out there and nothing can convince me I need to pay 2 1/2 more then the next guy. If you're ok with it then you continue to do you.
I feel you, I’ll trade a pair to get something old I want so I don’t have to pay resell. I can pay resell and buy all the old kicks I want all day but I spend my money on things that’s worth it to me like property, jewelry, and cars. I got a trade set up these for my boys DS Gold Top 3’s but I’ve been seeing pics and these are starting to grow more on me because of my love of the WC3. We’ll see if I go through with the trade when my pair touches down on Wednesday.

Im just speaking on MY Situation!! I would never feel some type of way about the way another man spends his hard earned money, I’m too busy making mine and spending it on what I want. I would never pay $150 for a bottle of liquor but it’s a lot of people that love 1942, I would never pay over 200 for a T-Shirt but the Dior/LV/Gucci store is open everyday, Everyone has their vices and hobbies. “To each is own”
I’ll drop $300 on a bottle of Ace every now and then or almost a stack on some Louis Shades but I won’t pay $600 for a $200 pair of Jordans. That’s the same thing as paying $1000 for that bottle of Ace in the club just stupid lol.

I feel you, I’ll trade a pair to get something old I want so I don’t have to pay resell. I can pay resell and buy all the old kicks I want all day but I spend my money on things that’s worth it to me like property, jewelry, and cars. I got a trade set up these for my boys DS Gold Top 3’s but I’ve been seeing pics and these are starting to grow more on me because of my love of the WC3. We’ll see if I go through with the trade when my pair touches down on Wednesday.
Dude, excuse my language, but you would be an idiot to trade these for Gold Top 3’s. This shoe is a keeper.

Dude, excuse my language, but you would be an idiot to trade these for Gold Top 3’s. This shoe is a keeper.
No worries bro. Honestly I really didn’t like these because I didn’t think I would wear them so I was in such a rush to get rid of them for something I want to wear. Now everyday as I wait I see on feet pics and it’s making me want to keep them and make some fits for them. The quality really does look incredible and I was lucky to get them for retail so I might just have to cancel that trade.

No worries bro. Honestly I really didn’t like these because I didn’t think I would wear them so I was in such a rush to get rid of them for something I want to wear. Now everyday as I wait I see on feet pics and it’s making me want to keep them and make some fits for them. The quality really does look incredible and I was lucky to get them for retail so I might just have to cancel that trade.

Cancel the trade, sell the AMM, and cover yourself a free bottle of Ace, so you get more than your money’s worth.

Damn, I have a pair of DS Gold Toes I would easily move for another pair of these.
You guys are really convincing me to keep these. I don’t have a long list of kicks I want that I missed really just the OW Muslins, Gold Top 3s, and trophy room 17s. Looks like I might just wait longer to get those.

You guys are really convincing me to keep these. I don’t have a long list of kicks I want that I missed really just the OW Muslins, Gold Top 3s, and trophy room 17s. Looks like I might just wait longer to get those.
For the love of God, don’t get rid of these for any of them. :lol:

Let another sneaker you get take the fall...not THESE.

For the love of God, don’t get rid of these for any of them. :lol:

Let another sneaker you get take the fall...not THESE.
You’re right, maybe if I hit the Frankenstein Union collab or something else I can use it as trade bait for some old pairs. I’m mad I didn’t grab some of the AMM clothes smh now I want the Clay TShirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
So are we gonna have this discussion every time a hyped limited sneaker comes out or what :lol:?
Even if you stopped every NT member from paying resell there's another 10 willing to take their place. Pay the bread, don't pay it, doesn't affect me either way. You know why? Cuz it's not my money. I didn't earn it, and i'm not gonna tell other cats what to do with it :lol:

I hate paying resale and will rarely ever break down and do it. but there have been a few times over the years where that extra 100 or 200 bucks really didn't mean a damn thing to me as sometimes ill pay someone else to have the headache of coppin. I would rather have the option to pay out the *** rather than not being able to even cop a shoe. I've been know to pay a seller more than the asking price just because I know how hard it is to get some of these releases in hand.

Also I’m baffled by this but it seems like a few of y’all don’t understand if you buy a shoe for $600 outta pocket or you sell a shoe in the collection to fund this purchase or you’re able to directly trade a pair for a pair- it’s all the same damn thing lol

also once a shoe isn’t available for retail anymore, retail price is kinda irrelevant- the market will set the price moving forward. Maybe this analogy is bad but I think it works: say a stock IPO’s for $50, and a year later it’s trading for $100. Do you say “nah I’m not paying double, can’t be me” ? Or do you say “the original price is history, the market sets the current price- if I want to own it today, that’s the price it will cost me”

the price a shoe was set at retail isn’t the same thing as how much the shoe is worth to an individual

I don't like paying resell for sneakers or even paying a lot for anything in general but I'm the type to get whatever I want one way or another. That either means either be patient & get it for a decent price later down the road or just cash out & save the headache & time watching for the price to drop. Time = money, time spent doing more important things or just time to relax.

Money is something that if you don't have it, you want it.... but if you have it, you are looking for ways to gain more.
Money comes and goes, spend it on whatever makes you happy. ( As long as you are handling your business first of course...)

I've personally sold shoes that I bought for $100 and make $1k+ off it, also spend $1400 on some Travie Highs.... Who cares... when we are all dust & long gone will any of it REALLY MATTER...

just my 3 cents...

Jordan Top Gold wait what is it called? 3? HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

You going to trade these for some funky *** patent jordans. I can tell you're a new "sneakerhead." WELCOME!

Jordan Top what? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Jordan Top Gold wait what is it called? 3? HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

You going to trade these for some funky *** patent jordans. I can tell you're a new "sneakerhead." WELCOME!

Jordan Top what? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
I don’t see what’s so funny lil buddy. I primarily collect gold sneakers and guess what the Gold Top 3 sneakers are gold. I can see you’re a “hypebeast” and buy what’s popping and not what you want. I also collect solid gold Rolex’s, coins, and bars, along with gold stuff with no value like clothes and accessories. You’re welcome Mr Veteran Sneakerhead super collector.

Also I’m baffled by this but it seems like a few of y’all don’t understand if you buy a shoe for $600 outta pocket or you sell a shoe in the collection to fund this purchase or you’re able to directly trade a pair for a pair- it’s all the same damn thing lol

also once a shoe isn’t available for retail anymore, retail price is kinda irrelevant- the market will set the price moving forward. Maybe this analogy is bad but I think it works: say a stock IPO’s for $50, and a year later it’s trading for $100. Do you say “nah I’m not paying double, can’t be me” ? Or do you say “the original price is history, the market sets the current price- if I want to own it today, that’s the price it will cost me”

the price a shoe was set at retail isn’t the same thing as how much the shoe is worth to an individual
retail price goes out the window when theyre no longer in stock

Back
Top Bottom