A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

Well... that was unexpected. Still changes nothing about my stance on these. In for a pair under retail.

From Dawn to Dusk... The rise and fall of A Ma Maniere....Smh Joint is still crazy wild... Midas whale scrap them 3s and 4s for next year then...
They're going to scrap James' entire business from existing my man. It's one thing to be a shady stockist getting caught doing this. You're THE collaborator. You've moved more pairs for Nike than any other collaborator in the past five years. They're coming for his home.

MJ prob will clear it lmao. Put nothing past the almighty dollar and him and MJ are close
MJ has plenty of it Lex, but I wouldn't wanna tango with the IRS... You start covering for a dirty business man then they'll start looking at him and combing through his empire.. No relationship is that close. I wouldn't chance it. Plenty other successful people to come encounter with down the pipeline. If he's in to deep I'll have to sever ties.... On to the next one...

Last edited:

Hurry! This could be the last of Nike and SS/AM

Yall can joke all you want but I'm legit sad. It sure looks bad for him and the company.
I respected all the "free game" stuff and the charity things, and the clear prioritization of black women in much of their collabs and advertising.

I actually was hoping that JB would somehow subsume them and market AMM as some kind of luxury model of JB, given all the pillowy cushioning and ornate boxes.

But as someone said, you don't wanna mess with the Feds/IRS.

Yall can joke all you want but I'm legit sad. It sure looks bad for him and the company.
I respected all the "free game" stuff and the charity things, and the clear prioritization of black women in much of their collabs and advertising.

I actually was hoping that JB would somehow subsume them and market AMM as some kind of luxury model of JB, given all the pillowy cushioning and ornate boxes.

But as someone said, you don't wanna mess with the Feds/IRS.

And yet this mf was funding prostitution and fent rings in China with backdoor inventory while telling all the customers about the "Whitaker Group Values" to make videos and tell stories to sell Jordans. It's hilarious. Everything wrong with the sneaker industry exposed in one massive fraud many of us have suspected of nonsense for years.

My only hope is that increased exposure to backdooring means that I'll have a better chance at the Dusk pair, and that this release will continue at least somewhat as normal. If not, maybe it's just $250-ish that isn't going to sneakers this week.

The gap between the image they try really hard to portray and my experiences with actually trying to give them business has always been a point of suspicion. I guess there was something to it. Hopefully this means less shady **** happening with these boutiques. And maybe they'll be forced to actually provide a customer experience when they have to operate as an actual business. Or they'll just disappear.

Well with no pending charges, the business should operate as normal. Now if by the am tomorrow, the crap hits the fan, then we'll all know. A Ma Maniere hasn't released any statement saying otherwise.... Draw closes tomorrow right and Ws or Ls go out...

Back
Top Bottom