A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

Got my W email from AMM early this morning for the Dusks. I also entered on SS, but nothing yet. Kind of hope I don't get a W from them, I wasn't looking to double up and forgot to cancel the SS raffle the other day.

Like others in this thread, still waiting for AMM to ship Dawns from last week.
Same here. Waiting patiently….no communication since I got my “winner” email.

EQL was charging, not TWG
But isn’t EQL a service like Shop Pay that is utilized by AMM? Less liability, I guess but still wild that they used them when they were backdooring pairs overseas. I guess intent would be hard to prove there since they never specify how many pairs there were selling via EQL.

I think the common misconception is that people are thinking TWG was backdooring all these pairs of AMM collab Jordan’s to China and still charging yall an EQL anti-bot fee. I don’t know what’s the percentage EQL charges these shops to use their raffling service but I’m sure it’s gotten costly trying to “filter” out these bot entries and eventually started charging the consumer a fee (again it’s EQL charging yall, I don’t think AMM or any of these shops is the one pocketing your fee money)

What actually happened is:
-EQL just started implementing this anti-bot fee on this Dawn/Dusk release. I don’t recall any recent EQL raffles having charged a fee and I’ve entered tons and tons of EQL raffles.

-the shoes that were actually backdoored and sold to China was probably tons of GR’s and sitting stock and maybe some limited stuff (the GR’s here in the US probably is unreleased in China so it’s probably worth flipping over there). Rather than letting it hit discount or having to return to Nike, they just sold the pairs to these Chinese buyers. The AMM/SS collab releases was produced in more and more quantity each time and a lot, A LOT of people hit manually thru their many methods of release. That part I don’t think was the major backdooring issue here. It’s all the weekly releases that they put up a raffle for and you rarely see a single soul on NT win any raffles. With all the stores and stock that TWG “should” be allotted with for limited releases, (let alone the GR pairs) the numbers don’t add up that no one was hitting, the culprit was just them backdooring it which we all knew, we just didn’t know it was to Chinese buyers with prostitution money.

I think the common misconception is that people are thinking TWG was backdooring all these pairs of AMM collab Jordan’s to China and still charging yall an EQL anti-bot fee.

What actually happened is:
-EQL just started implementing this anti-bot fee on this Dawn/Dusk release. I don’t recall any recent EQL raffles having charged a fee and I’ve entered tons and tons of EQL raffles.

-the shoes that were actually backdoored and sold to China was probably tons of GR’s and sitting stock and maybe some limited stuff (the GR’s here in the US probably is unreleased in China so it’s probably worth flipping over there). Rather than letting it hit discount or having to return to Nike, they just sold the pairs to these Chinese buyers. The AMM/SS collab releases was produced in more and more quantity each time and a lot, A LOT of people hit manually thru their many methods of release. That part I don’t think was the major backdooring issue here. It’s all the weekly releases that they put up a raffle for and you rarely see a single soul on NT win any raffles. With all the stores and stock that TWG “should” be allotted with for limited releases, (let alone the GR pairs) the numbers don’t add up that no one was hitting, the culprit was just them backdooring it which we all knew, we just didn’t know it was to Chinese buyers with prostitution money.
Yup, GRs and any of the limited T0 releases they’d get. The worst part of what they were doing was having people line up at their stores and wait for hours and then sell 1-2 pairs and tell everyone it’s a wrap. Release after release.

AMM collabs this year have been huge numbers. They’re a Nike GR distributed directly from Nike outside of each store’s EQL stock. They would probably sit in some sizes if it weren’t for the raffles and overbuying ahead of release. It obscures the optics of demand which is what they want. It also makes them look so caring about their customers 😂

Eql was charging fees before this release, from other boutiques. They only charge you if you win…. No reason to act like eql was at fault other than charging a fee, that we as consumers don’t want to pay.

Blah blah blah 5-15 businesses days, I know, I know… kinda trash that I won via eql which was before discord raffle, and some discord Ws have pairs in hand, and I don’t even have tracking yet.

Do discord winners have theirs in hands? Some are saying the just got shipping today. I won via discord and haven’t received shipping yet.

Yup, GRs and any of the limited T0 releases they’d get. The worst part of what they were doing was having people line up at their stores and wait for hours and then sell 1-2 pairs and tell everyone it’s a wrap. Release after release.
You literally have no idea what you're talking about yet you're still talking.

AMM collabs this year have been huge numbers. They’re a Nike GR distributed directly from Nike outside of each store’s EQL stock. They would probably sit in some sizes if it weren’t for the raffles and overbuying ahead of release. It obscures the optics of demand which is what they want. It also makes them look so caring about their customers 😂

So they were having raffles for limited tier-0 releases and when everyone show up with their W, they’d say sorry we sold out? That’s crazy

I mean I know people who have been first 5 in line at SS and got nothing. It’s no secret that was going on. Hell you can search NT and find plenty of stories of it happening.
Sure, that store manager may have been selling pairs out the back for $100 on top or just holding pairs for regular clients instead of selling them to resellers that will sell on Stockx as they walk out the store. Or it may have been a release that they only got allocation for AMM yet they split it up over all 25 or whatever stores they have. When that happened, each store would get like 4-6 pairs. That happened a good bit. Should they have done that? Idk, but it built up the store name by locals saying APB got the Off White whatever so more people go check out the store.

My point is you have no idea what you're talking about, you're making up these fantasies to explain you taking an L.

Back
Top Bottom