A Tru NBA Warrior is likely finished, Alonzo suffers bad knee injury

MART1N PAYNE wrote:
i used to be a fan when it was him and tim hardaway, pj brown and dan marjle. i stopped being his fan when he became a ring chaser last year with leechin%+@$ gary payton and antoine walker
tired.gif
sick.gif
good riddance
So if the Suns win it all this year (... ... ... ...
roll.gif
...... ... ...), you're going to hate on Grant Hill from now on?

And you can't stand Michael Finley or Brent Barry either, right?

They contributed, all of them. Brent Barry, Michael Finley, Gary Payton, and Alonzo Mourning all contributed to the rings they earned.

And yes, they earned 'em.

Even Karl Malone and Gary Payton on the Lakers were contributing.

There's nothing wrong with playing a hard career that leaves you ringless, and then trying to get that championship with a contending team in the lastcouple years. You put in the work and it didn't pay off, so there's nothing wrong with you putting in work on another team that is more likely to payoff for you.

But you have to put in the work.

And Zo did.

Raptors fans might not like him, but... enh. It's a business. I've been told that exact line too many times on here. I don't like it, but it'sstill true; it's a business.

They contributed, all of them. Brent Barry, Michael Finley, Gary Payton, and Alonzo Mourning all contributed to the rings they earned.
In the case of Brent Barry and Gary Payton, yes, they contributed, but they were total non-factors. Zo was at least somewhat of a factor theyear Heat won. Especially early that season, when Shaq was out, he stepped up and was leading the league in blocks early in the season and making sure that theHeat's record didn't slip.

Sorry, but not everyone who is a member of a team who wins a championship deserves that ring. See Milicic, Darko. Mitch Richmond is one of my favorite players,and I REALLY wish that he was a true contributor on the 02 Lakers championship team so that I can feel he deserved that ring, but he just wasn't. If myfavorite player ever, Grant Hill happens to win a ring this year, then I hope it won't be from doing nothing on the bench, or because he is injured.Honestly, I would rather not have him get a ring at all then.

^ Yes, Brent Barry and Gary Payton were non-factors, but they contributed.

Milicic didn't.

That... is a HUGE difference... in my opinion.

The only players on a championship team who do not deserve their rings are player who neither contributed OR played a factor.

Heck, even Mitch Richmond contributed for us. Could we have done it without him? Maybe. Could someone else have filled his role, someone on some other team?Possibly. But we didn't do it without him and his contributions; we did it WITH him and his contributions. And someone else on some other team wasn'tcontributing for us the way he was; he was doing that.

Like I said, players that simply lead cheers and not much more are the only guys that I feel don't deserve anything.

Everyone else plays a role. heck, that's what the term 'role players' means. Mitch Richmond wasn't expected to be Kobe; he was simply expectedto fill in for him from time time to time, and to provide some veteran leadership. And he did both of those, along with grabbing some crucial rebounds andmaking smart hustle plays.

I used to hate Alonzo and the Heat during the 90s... but they had some amazing battles with the Knicks. After that, it was nothing but respect for him and hiswork ethic and dedication to the game.

Sad to see him go, but I'm glad he got his ring, he deserved it.

Zo's a b. Thinks he's untouchable. He wasn't necessarily a flopper, but on the court god forbid
you ever bumped him the wrong way. The guy whines too much. If he would just shut up and play,
I'd respect him more.

Off the court he's one of the freshest out there though
laugh.gif

Zo's the man. held it down for us for so many years. its sad to see him done but he was going to retire after this season anyway. i hope he gets back soon& im glad he atleast got that ring

I think I have said it here before, but I have never despised someone who has overcome so much as much as I do him. The "Story of Zo" is a nice oneto read, but once he steps on the court I don't care one bit about what he has been through.

good riddance. one of the only professionals i don't like.

tough injury though. that's life though.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

In the case of Brent Barry and Gary Payton, yes, they contributed, but they were total non-factors. Zo was at least somewhat of a factor the year Heat won. Especially early that season, when Shaq was out, he stepped up and was leading the league in blocks early in the season and making sure that the Heat's record didn't slip.

Sorry, but not everyone who is a member of a team who wins a championship deserves that ring. See Milicic, Darko. Mitch Richmond is one of my favorite players, and I REALLY wish that he was a true contributor on the 02 Lakers championship team so that I can feel he deserved that ring, but he just wasn't. If my favorite player ever, Grant Hill happens to win a ring this year, then I hope it won't be from doing nothing on the bench, or because he is injured. Honestly, I would rather not have him get a ring at all then.

I can recall Gary making some BIG plays one game in the Finals that year. For me, that's enough. And it wasn't like he was benched the whole timelike Mitch was.
I'm glad my boy Steve Smith got a ring, but it was tough to see him riding the pine for the Spurs when they won too.

karma... even if it came late
GROW UP

zo will be missed, the best heat player of all time,

its gonna be sad and happy to see that #33 go in the rafters at the Triple A

A true warrior that never should of won a ring.

He chose to play in Jersey and he got sick after 15 games. There was knowledege that his kidneys were not healthy when the nets signed him. It was unfortunatethat we had to trade Kenyon and Kerry but Kenyon wasn't healthy till this year and kerry retired after a few games with the clippers. So Zo complainingthat he wanted to play for a contender is okay instead of trying to help?

Toronto fans got burned by the nets in the trade but only for Zo to then refuse to play for them was okay to? Net fans and raptor fans don't agree on muchbut when it comes to Zo, it is equal. He doesn't deserve that ring. He has done so much for the game of basketball and the community in Miami and I respecthim for that.

But for me to sit here and say that I am upset he got hurt is really hard. If it was his kidneys I would feel bad but an injury like this, like mentionedbefore, is karma coming back to get you. I hope that he continues his charities and is in the NBA in some way but take care and don't let the door hit youin the a** on the way out.

I wish him the best but I never liked him either...just a whiner. but he was def a beast defender.

Those grumpy Canadians
laugh.gif

Hey, you still have Celine Dion to fall back on! Chin up!

Back
Top Bottom