Acne FTL!

3,005
11
Joined Nov 28, 2008
Ive had acne since like 6th grade (In 12th next year) its not really bad but its just there but any ways what cream or moisturizers or w/e do u guys use proactive didn't work clean and clear that doesn't work ,any tips?
 
3,005
11
Joined Nov 28, 2008
lol its not even close to bad its just like having like 2 red bumps on your forehead FTL! this is a semi rant
 
78
10
Joined Aug 10, 2006
STop drinking sodas... and chocolate
i had baaaaaad acne when i was growing up..but good news when you get a little bit older your hormones relax and you don't have to worry about it as much
proactiv worked for me for a minute tho'
just can't stop using it or breakouts will resume...
don't use anything that overly dries your skin..
's all i got
 
1,871
11
Joined Oct 14, 2008
Proactiv helped a little bit but then stopped...
I use that Neutrogene Acne Wash, works good.
Anyone have experience with accutane?
 
686
10
Joined Nov 18, 2005
Heres a few tips on my end. Ive been semi clear with a few pimples here and there.


- Drink lots of water. Vitamin C and Try to eat Cucumbers. These are all good for the Skin. WATER is a must though
- Wash your pillows and bead sheets frequently. Your pillow is full of dead skin and dirt
- Eliminate sodas

For Washing and cleaning

- Make sure you good daily face cleaner. A scrub is good but only 2-3 x a week. If used daily, you can irritate your skin.
- Wash your face with a daily cleaner with Hot water (opens pores) . Rinse with Cold Water (closes your pores). Next use a Toner and a Moisturizer with BenzoylPeroxide.
- Try not to pop your pimples. When you pop it, the #%#% is extracted but leaves a hole for more dirt and bacteria to enter. the more you pop the more willreturn. Im not perfect but i try not to pop
- Use a scrub 2-3x a week not everyday because you do not want to irritate your skin.
- Make sure you wash your face EVERY DAY.
- TRY to get a facial every other month.

- I heard Pantothenic Acid pills work. Its a natural pill. Very Cheap and i heard it works for a lot of people
 
1,221
10
Joined Nov 20, 2007
Originally Posted by iceNcream

Heres a few tips on my end. Ive been semi clear with a few pimples here and there.


- Drink lots of water. Vitamin C and Try to eat Cucumbers. These are all good for the Skin. WATER is a must though
- Wash your pillows and bead sheets frequently. Your pillow is full of dead skin and dirt
- Eliminate sodas

For Washing and cleaning

- Make sure you good daily face cleaner. A scrub is good but only 2-3 x a week. If used daily, you can irritate your skin.
- Wash your face with a daily cleaner with Hot water (opens pores) . Rinse with Cold Water (closes your pores). Next use a Toner and a Moisturizer with Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Try not to pop your pimples. When you pop it, the #%#% is extracted but leaves a hole for more dirt and bacteria to enter. the more you pop the more will return. Im not perfect but i try not to pop
- Use a scrub 2-3x a week not everyday because you do not want to irritate your skin.
- Make sure you wash your face EVERY DAY.
- TRY to get a facial every other month.

- I heard Pantothenic Acid pills work. Its a natural pill. Very Cheap and i heard it works for a lot of people
 
7,339
11
Joined Nov 11, 2007
ive had it since i was 14.. i'm 20 about to be 21


nothing has worked..nothing i can afford anyway
i dont even have bad acne anymore.. just the scars
 
31,482
1,911
Joined Sep 16, 2003
Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i took accutane and it worked very well...

Pics?


I used to get mild acne till I started using Purpose. I still get the ones that form under the skin though..
 
2,237
319
Joined Nov 19, 2005
I had mild acne...this is what I did.
Acne Free-Bought this for $17 at wal-mart and it worked great for me. There is a basic system and a severe acne system i used the basic.
Water-I drink 2 liters of water a day since I have done this my face has cleared a lot and my skin looks a lot better plus it flushes your system.
Limit how much soda and other junk food you eat. Wash your face in the morning and night and put some treatment on and this should help.
 
1,448
10
Joined Dec 27, 2008
Wash your face twice a day, try to space it out every 12 hours.

Avoid touching your face, change your pillow cases every other day.

Drink a lot of water. Diet is a very important factor, eat healthy, avoid soda and junk foods.

Use face washes with Benzoyl Peroxide, this is the only ingredient that kills acne causing bacteria.
 
686
10
Joined Nov 18, 2005
Originally Posted by jawnyquest

ive had it since i was 14.. i'm 20 about to be 21


nothing has worked..nothing i can afford anyway
i dont even have bad acne anymore.. just the scars

I usually use Murad Post Acne Lightening Gel http://www.murad.com/post-acne-gel.jsp.
- you can get it cheaper on ebay.

-To lighten your acne scars and even out skin tone use Loreal Revitalift Micro-derabrasion kit.Its really cheap and it usually works after 3 weeks.

For acne scars be very patient. it takes a while for it to clear up. Also make sure you ALWAYS use a Face moisturizer with SPF
[table][tr][td]
[size=+1]
[/size]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
 
9,050
44
Joined Jul 6, 2008
im using proactiv but i really got to find an alternative

once you go off it, it come back like a mother %$$$*%


pills make your face dry as hell too
 
686
10
Joined Nov 18, 2005
Originally Posted by Physicx

im using proactiv but i really got to find an alternative

once you go off it, it come back like a mother %$$$*%


pills make your face dry as hell too
Try using Murad. They are very good also. I also know theres a product at the supermarket very comparable to Proactiv but cheaper. I ve heard goodthings about it
 
18,610
1,128
Joined Sep 28, 2005
Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i took accutane and it worked very well...

Pics?


I used to get mild acne till I started using Purpose. I still get the ones that form under the skin though..

you want a before after pic?
 

jpzx

Supporter
30,385
2,842
Joined Feb 7, 2008
Drinking soda and eating chocolate does not cause/trigger acne....that's a myth.
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now