Action Bronson - Only For Dolphins

Ehhh it's lazy lyricism especially compared to his older work.

I'll give another listen today.

If anything, I'd say this sounds a lot more like authentic Bronson than his debut album. With Mr. Wonderful I felt like he was looking and at times reaching for those 'hits.'

This is just Bronson doing what he does without the constraints, IMO. I don't see what there is to be so disappointed with on this project honestly. Personally, I put this right up there with (or maybe a notch or two lower than) BC and BC2. The production could have used more Party Supplies to give it that true Blue Chips feel, but I'm cool with what I got.

I might hang off the side of the mountain to trim a bonsai
Perfect 10 on the swan dive

:pimp:

The album was trash and I fox with Bronson heavy. I felt he put that album together to get out his current record deal.

The album was trash and I fox with Bronson heavy. I felt he put that album together to get out his current record deal.

dropkick.gif

production is smooth

but man he's gotten really lazy w/ his rapping

wish he'd just take time away from TV but we know that prob won't happen

There's a handful of cool tracks on here. Tank is :pimp: Durag vs Headband, La Luna, Wolfpack, My Right Lung and 9-24-7000 are good too. Let Me Breathe is terrible, surprised that was a Harry Fraud beat. Way better than Mr. Wonderful. Some of these beats could have easily had Roc Marciano or Willie The Kid on them.

"Turncoats" :lol:

I'm from Flushing my guy, lived across the street from Bronson's projects as a kid, I will support this man in everything he does simply based off that. Doesn't mean he's immune from criticism.
All that being said, the album is slowly growing on me. Still not in the same league as the other 2 Blue Chips, but it's better than I originally thought. Still a bit disappointed but it is what it is.

Interesting thing about that area is that it's technically not Flushing. It's actually called Kew Garden Hills. Now growing up, I still considered it to be part of Flushing but it's technically not. I think Bronson grew up near Pomonok but not actually in the PJs. My high school is around there on Parsons (RFK). Shoutout to Micro Center and the Dominican restaurant.

Anyway, people in the NY area, Bronson is doing in-stores at Kith Brooklyn on Tuesday and Barnes & Noble Union Square (with Mario Batali) on Thursday. All for his new book **** Thats Delicious which drops Tuesday. I plan on copping the book and hopefully getting it signed (as well as the few Bronson projects that I own). I missed out on the Rough Trade in-store/concert in August.

Last edited:
Damn I didn't know he was gonna be at B&N on Thursday. I might go to that instead of KITH. Big Batalli fan as well.

Interesting thing about that area is that it's technically not Flushing. It's actually called Kew Garden Hills. Now growing up, I still considered it to be part of Flushing but it's technically not. I think Bronson grew up near Pomonok but not actually in the PJs. My high school is around there on Parsons (RFK). Shoutout to Micro Center and the Dominican restaurant.

Anyway, people in the NY area, Bronson is doing in-stores at Kith Brooklyn on Tuesday and Barnes & Noble Union Square (with Mario Batali) on Thursday. All for his new book **** Thats Delicious which drops Tuesday. I plan on copping the book and hopefully getting it signed (as well as the few Bronson projects that I own). I missed out on the Rough Trade in-store/concert in August.

Lol yeah I wasn't aware of this until I got older. Same with Queensborough Hill where Booth Memorial Hospital is located (I was born there) and Murray Hill. Whatever, my address said Flushing so I claim Flushing. Queens borders are all jacked up anyway :lol:. IDR where I read he was from Pomonok, but I read it multiple times. But you're probably right. That Microcenter makes me sad, the neighborhood is alot different from when I was a kid :smh:

Damn I didn't know he was gonna be at B&N on Thursday. I might go to that instead of KITH. Big Batalli fan as well.

Unless it changes, the Kith BK event is from 4pm-7pm on Tuesday. Official details haven't been released yet, this info is based on what one of the staff told me over the phone. Not sure if you have to buy the book there.

I think for the Union Square event, you have to buy the book and use your receipt to get a wristband. You might want to call them up about that. The Union Square event starts at 7pm on Thursday. Hoping the Kith event goes well otherwise I'll go to Union Square.

Unless it changes, the Kith BK event is from 4pm-7pm on Tuesday. Official details haven't been released yet, this info is based on what one of the staff told me over the phone. Not sure if you have to buy the book there.

I think for the Union Square event, you have to buy the book and use your receipt to get a wristband. You might want to call them up about that. The Union Square event starts at 7pm on Thursday. Hoping the Kith event goes well otherwise I'll go to Union Square.

IMG_6271.PNG

Yeah This is what the site says. I'll be there

20170912_165644_HDR.jpg
20170912_165812.jpg
20170912_193957.jpg

Tried to get Bon Appetit *****, Well Done and Mr. Wonderful signed too but it was a madhouse. Bronson was giving out ice cream and ox tail, running up and down a line that damn near stretched to Barclays.

Bronson's next signing is at Barnes and Noble Union Square at 7pm this Thursday. Mario Batali will be there. You have to cop the book at B&N Union Square. Kith event went well enough for me to sit out the B&N event.

Shoutout to Joey Drama at 2:03 LOL
Dude cut like a 10 minute promo for Vice on top of that. He's probably going to be on the show too. Also, that's my copy of Dr. Lecter getting signed.

Last edited:
IMG_1064.PNG
Damn the boys here are into Bronson? Long story short, I was pissed my boy went to the kith event and met the man and got his book signed so This weekend Bronson tore it down at the Meadows in queens. I thought I was the only fool who was bringing the book, a lot of kids in the front got their books signed. I was like fuuuuuck were too far, My boy goes "give me that shiiit" walks to the front throws the book like 50 yards onto the stage. Gotta love those memories. I hope that video shows up somewhere lol

Back
Top Bottom