Adding 2-3'' to Vert??

I am so damn close to dunking it's not even funny
mad.gif
. I probably would be able to dunk if my hands were large enough to palm the ball easily. Anyhow to get to the point, are there any exercises/routines I could look into that could improve my vert even minimally?

Another 2-3'' and I'd be able to dunk easily and thats all the difference in the world to me right now. I already workout but it doesn't appear to be improving my vertical.

Any suggestions?

I am so damn close to dunking it's not even funny
mad.gif
. I probably would be able to dunk if my hands were large enough to palm the ball easily. Anyhow to get to the point, are there any exercises/routines I could look into that could improve my vert even minimally?

Another 2-3'' and I'd be able to dunk easily and thats all the difference in the world to me right now. I already workout but it doesn't appear to be improving my vertical.

Any suggestions?

Depth Jumps and Depth Drops are great for shocking your system to increase your vert quickly.

Look up any plyometrics program with them in it and you should make quick gains.

Also, as DaG311 mentioned, your core is very important. If you're not doing a lot of core work, it's probably the link in the chain of your body that's wasting the energy you make to jump. Tighten it up and you'll get that extra 2-3"

Depth Jumps and Depth Drops are great for shocking your system to increase your vert quickly.

Look up any plyometrics program with them in it and you should make quick gains.

Also, as DaG311 mentioned, your core is very important. If you're not doing a lot of core work, it's probably the link in the chain of your body that's wasting the energy you make to jump. Tighten it up and you'll get that extra 2-3"

Originally Posted by airjzz

core as in abs/lower back?

yep.  Squats + deadlifts man.  Squats twice a week, 3 sets of 5 reps.  Deads once a week, 1 set of  5 reps, increase the weight like 5 pounds per workout until you can squat at least 1.5x your bodyweight, but aim for 2+.  Shouldn't really do high intensity plyos (depth jumps & dep drops) until you're at 1.5.

Originally Posted by airjzz

core as in abs/lower back?

yep.  Squats + deadlifts man.  Squats twice a week, 3 sets of 5 reps.  Deads once a week, 1 set of  5 reps, increase the weight like 5 pounds per workout until you can squat at least 1.5x your bodyweight, but aim for 2+.  Shouldn't really do high intensity plyos (depth jumps & dep drops) until you're at 1.5.

I'd recommend Glute Ham Raises (youtube or google if you're unsure) They KILL your hams and glutes but it's such a good workout.

I'd recommend Glute Ham Raises (youtube or google if you're unsure) They KILL your hams and glutes but it's such a good workout.

if you want to follow a regimen, find Scott's Creations. It will have you dunking by the 3rd workout most likely. It's 3x a week, about an hr and combines speed, plyos, and weight lifting. The dude Scott used to even send you his personal phone # (it was his home phone and by far predates twitter, facebook, even myspace) to call him if it didn't.

if you want to follow a regimen, find Scott's Creations. It will have you dunking by the 3rd workout most likely. It's 3x a week, about an hr and combines speed, plyos, and weight lifting. The dude Scott used to even send you his personal phone # (it was his home phone and by far predates twitter, facebook, even myspace) to call him if it didn't.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Streetball_Forum/ar/t21.htm

is this it? 

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Streetball_Forum/ar/t21.htm

is this it? 

That Scotts Creation routine looks interesting. I am considering that giving that a shot. Also, I 'acquired' the plyometrics P90X video and was considering doing this 2x a week in addition to my weightlifting/cardio routine.

Would that be advisable as well? I see a lot of the exercises in that video are similar to the ones in Scotts Creation.

That Scotts Creation routine looks interesting. I am considering that giving that a shot. Also, I 'acquired' the plyometrics P90X video and was considering doing this 2x a week in addition to my weightlifting/cardio routine.

Would that be advisable as well? I see a lot of the exercises in that video are similar to the ones in Scotts Creation.

Back
Top Bottom