Adding a Picture within a Post or Thread

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
There are a several ways to include a picture in your post. To upload a picture from the internet, just click on the small landscape picture icon. This will activate a dialog box where you can insert the link to your image, then click or tap on "Insert".

image tutorial 1.png

To upload a picture from your own device, click on "Upload a File" to the right just below the post editor. This brings up a pop up where you can click "Choose File" and browse your folders for the picture you want to add.

image tutorial 2.png

Once uploaded, you can choose whether to insert the "Thumbnail" size or "Full Image" in the post using the corresponding buttons. Once you've completed your post, click "Post Reply." Note that the picture will be automatically resized to fit the available space if needed.

Clicking around a bit....

I get errors on trying to upload a file.

Also in the Reply toolbox there is a button Media Gallery Embed. I think this is supposed to show all uploaded pics by me, however the thumbnails do not show at all (yet?).
Opening a thumbnail will however show the pic uploaded from the old NT.

Clicking around a bit....

I get errors on trying to upload a file.

Also in the Reply toolbox there is a button Media Gallery Embed. I think this is supposed to show all uploaded pics by me, however the thumbnails do not show at all (yet?).
Opening a thumbnail will however show the pic uploaded from the old NT.

Can you tell me what kind of file or the size you're attempting to upload? We do have size limitations but let me know so I can help troubleshoot.

I just saw the issue about the Media Gallery Embed. Thanks for the catch! Yes, it's likely we'll need to re-cache the images to show up. I've submitted a ticket to get that resolved. Thanks for the help!

Can you tell me what kind of file or the size you're attempting to upload? We do have size limitations but let me know so I can help troubleshoot.
Just now tried a small pic 640x300 pixels 87 KB, still get the error.

Just a simple JPEG. As were the ones I tried earlier, the biggest file was 263 KB.

Just a simple JPEG. As were the ones I tried earlier, the biggest file was 263 KB.

Once you upload a file, what do you see? Are you attaching the image to the reply? Is there any error messaging that you're seeing?

Hmmm, doesn't show me the pic, but shows me the info of when I posted it last week.

Interesting.

HellaSteph HellaSteph

Also noticed all my pics uploaded (directly to NT) prior to the migration are not showing up in my media gallery or in the individual posts to threads. Presume the latter too should be resolved w/ the aforementioned ticket?

Finally, kudos to Methodical Management Methodical Management and the rest of the NT staff team for all of their efforts during the move. New look/feel of the site is fantastic. Now, just have to get used to it. :confused:

Also noticed all my pics uploaded (directly to NT) prior to the migration are not showing up in my media gallery or in the individual posts to threads. Presume the latter too should be resolved w/ the aforementioned ticket?

All the photos are being re-cached so that they show up in their respective places. There's a lot of images on NT (approximately 4 TB worth!) that is catching up to the new site. It's all there, it's all safe.

Once you upload a file, what do you see? Are you attaching the image to the reply? Is there any error messaging that you're seeing?
This the error I got on the small image, when trying to upload it in this thread. Get the same error message for each image so far.

tumblr_ot6zpxE42g1serr5ro1_1280.jpg

It shouldn't even be an option to choose thumbnail. It should just automatically be full image. No one is gonna need to or want to do thumbnail. It's just adding an extra step for no reason

Uploading from a device isn't available on mobile. It's one of the drawbacks to this platform. I post a lot over at The Coli and a college fan board that uses the same platform and it is a pain to upload images directly.

Tested again just now with multiple different pic sizes. Get error every time. Then disabled all possible interfering extensions. Same result. Browser is FF.
Never had any problems uploading to the Huddler NT.

Back
Top Bottom