Adidas Basketball 2011 thread + Possible 2011 All Star Uniforms?

true true. adipures feel REAL nice, and if the lows come to states and feel as nice as the mids with great heel lock down, i will definitely grab those. definitely feels like an upgraded crazy 8. i talked to my buddy who got me in today about jerseys and whatnot because they had them there and we got to talking about compression tops with the tech-fit and everything. he told me the reason that they gave players in the asg the option of wearing the compression jerseys was due to the fact that adidas is trying to push for those as regular wear. he said adidas figures since people complain about held jerseys and whatnot it'd be a solution for it, but none of the players liked them

Originally Posted by DNeou20

true true. adipures feel REAL nice, and if the lows come to states and feel as nice as the mids with great heel lock down, i will definitely grab those. definitely feels like an upgraded crazy 8. i talked to my buddy who got me in today about jerseys and whatnot because they had them there and we got to talking about compression tops with the tech-fit and everything. he told me the reason that they gave players in the asg the option of wearing the compression jerseys was due to the fact that adidas is trying to push for those as regular wear. he said adidas figures since people complain about held jerseys and whatnot it'd be a solution for it, but none of the players liked them

This is true. Adidas feels pretty strongly about improving footwear/uniforms(which is a major contract they have). Examples of directions they've taken are improved ventilation on materials used, and reducing weight/drag, all to improve performance. The jersey upgrade may seem minor, but if it caught on could generate $ for adidas's basketball sector, NCAA/NBA which when you think about it is a big market they control right now. 

Originally Posted by DNeou20

This is true. Adidas feels pretty strongly about improving footwear/uniforms(which is a major contract they have). Examples of directions they've taken are improved ventilation on materials used, and reducing weight/drag, all to improve performance. The jersey upgrade may seem minor, but if it caught on could generate $ for adidas's basketball sector, NCAA/NBA which when you think about it is a big market they control right now. 

definitely, adidas is making pushes and i'm slowly making the transition to them as my alternative go to shoe. i'll stick to my kobes as go to shoes, but adidas is doing what nike used to do and it seems like nike is trading places with the adidas of the past few years. adidas is pushing innovation and performance while nike is just lazy and following fads and just being unoriginal with all these mashups and cutting corners. the es had the authentic jerseys and they felt REAL nice, great construction and quality, if only they had the shorts, i would have instant scooped. adidas is really pushing the envelope with their footwear though, with apparel they're a step behind nike or neck to neck imho. crazy lights seem really intriguing

definitely, adidas is making pushes and i'm slowly making the transition to them as my alternative go to shoe. i'll stick to my kobes as go to shoes, but adidas is doing what nike used to do and it seems like nike is trading places with the adidas of the past few years. adidas is pushing innovation and performance while nike is just lazy and following fads and just being unoriginal with all these mashups and cutting corners. the es had the authentic jerseys and they felt REAL nice, great construction and quality, if only they had the shorts, i would have instant scooped. adidas is really pushing the envelope with their footwear though, with apparel they're a step behind nike or neck to neck imho. crazy lights seem really intriguing

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Are the crazy lights the 3rd sig for D.Rose or just a shoe that he's gonna wear?

They're like the equivalent to LeBrons "PS" models. Other adidas endorsed hoop stars will be wearing these in addition to Derrick Rose. Short answer is no... But these shoes were designed with Derrick Rose in mind, who they're trying to outfit with the best performance shoe available to respond to the raised level of playoff competition. 

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Are the crazy lights the 3rd sig for D.Rose or just a shoe that he's gonna wear?

They're like the equivalent to LeBrons "PS" models. Other adidas endorsed hoop stars will be wearing these in addition to Derrick Rose. Short answer is no... But these shoes were designed with Derrick Rose in mind, who they're trying to outfit with the best performance shoe available to respond to the raised level of playoff competition. 

I really like the look of the Crazy lights, they look like a great performance shoe. Gonna get the Black and Red (Derrick Rose) pair.
Edit: Looking at it in this video, it actually looks pretty good.

I really like the look of the Crazy lights, they look like a great performance shoe. Gonna get the Black and Red (Derrick Rose) pair.
Edit: Looking at it in this video, it actually looks pretty good.

adidas may not look that great/appealing to others... but they have honestly stepped it up in innovation and the performance aspect

adidas may not look that great/appealing to others... but they have honestly stepped it up in innovation and the performance aspect

More good news for Crazy Light fans, they'll be on miadidas starting June 3rd according to Counterkicks. Hopefully there'll be more options compared to the adizero Rose up there presently.

More good news for Crazy Light fans, they'll be on miadidas starting June 3rd according to Counterkicks. Hopefully there'll be more options compared to the adizero Rose up there presently.

What is the msrp for the crazy lights? Also, is there a release date for the rose colorway? Thanks. Gonna be hard to refuse myself and not get them if the bulls make the finals.

What is the msrp for the crazy lights? Also, is there a release date for the rose colorway? Thanks. Gonna be hard to refuse myself and not get them if the bulls make the finals.

Back
Top Bottom