ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Same exact experience for me with the Rose 6. I've had 4 pairs of those and the only pair that had Boost that was good was the Glow in the Dark Primeknit. I've had 3 pair of the Black/Red (one of which I still have) because I had to exchange them for the Boost problems. I also had the White/Grey that came out first (had to get those replaced because the sole literally tore at the bottom), which wasn't hard or horrible but didn't feel bouncy or anything like the Primeknit Glow in The Darks.

My BHM Rose 6's are plenty bouncy. They're the only Rose 6 I own, although I do have 5-6 various other Boosts and their bounciness depend on the thickness and density of the midsole. My Pure Boosts are the most bouncy, although I don't think you'd want that level of Boost in a hoops shoe. I just picked up a pair of Stan Smith Boosts and they're barely bouncy at all. Still a similar stride and the near-silent impact of the Boost, but nowhere near the support (flatter inside) nor the energy return of the Pure Boosts (or my Rocket Boosts). My Adizero Boosts have even less bounce but serve a completely different purpose.

It's funny how inconsistent Boost can be and I'm chalking that up to the fact that they have to fuse together all those little pellets to create the midsole, as opposed to your typical mold and a more 'solid' foam. I've made it a policy to buy Adidas in person now, because of these types of inconsistencies and also because ADC doesn't do exchanges, only returns....which has proven to be a PITA for me on more than one occasion.

My BHM Rose 6's are plenty bouncy. They're the only Rose 6 I own, although I do have 5-6 various other Boosts and their bounciness depend on the thickness and density of the midsole. My Pure Boosts are the most bouncy, although I don't think you'd want that level of Boost in a hoops shoe. I just picked up a pair of Stan Smith Boosts and they're barely bouncy at all. Still a similar stride and the near-silent impact of the Boost, but nowhere near the support (flatter inside) nor the energy return of the Pure Boosts (or my Rocket Boosts). My Adizero Boosts have even less bounce but serve a completely different purpose.

It's funny how inconsistent Boost can be and I'm chalking that up to the fact that they have to fuse together all those little pellets to create the midsole, as opposed to your typical mold and a more 'solid' foam. I've made it a policy to buy Adidas in person now, because of these types of inconsistencies and also because ADC doesn't do exchanges, only returns....which has proven to be a PITA for me on more than one occasion.
I meant to comeback and comment on this as well. I have 3 pairs of the Rose 6 and they're all fine. The best pair though is hands down the BHM pair.

With the PK 5's and the BHM 6's feeling the best to individual users you have to imagine the upper makes a difference in the feeling of the boost. Dont know why, but I highly doubt the leather and PK upper providing the best comfort is a coincidence.

The other 2 Rose 6's I have is the red synthetic mesh pair and the Chicago lux pair. The Chicago Lux pair probably feels the worst but still comfy.

Last edited:
I meant to comeback and comment on this as well. I have 3 pairs of the Rose 6 and they're all fine. The best pair though is hands down the BHM pair.

With the PK 5's and the BHM 6's feeling the best to individual users you have to imagine the upper makes a difference in the feeling of the boost. Dont know why, but I highly doubt the leather and PK upper providing the best comfort is a coincidence.

The other 2 Rose 6's I have is the red synthetic mesh pair and the Chicago lux pair. The Chicago Lux pair probably feels the worse but still comfy.

There might be something to that, because the Boost felt slightly "better" on the Primeknit 5s vs the others I tried on. However, the fact that other ppl have stated the same with even Primeknit pairs (of the Rose 6 anyway) has me just too scared to even think about Boost again. I had 2 pairs of the Black Red away color ways and both of those started off soft and responsive and then firmed up quickly.

My suspicion is not that the upper makes a difference, but rather the timing. It could be that the pairs that have uppers that were manufactured later after initial release date colorways (glow in the darks and primeknits) had "correct" Boost, while the initial release colorways had more "bad Boost" batches over wide release. The reviewers who had the initial colorways either got the good batch ones or they only played in them a week or two before they could experience the Boost bottoming out.

IMG_5789.JPG

IMG_5788.JPG

I think these types of tweaking happen over time with any shoe. My Kobe XI Achilles feel ever so slightly longer and have more room in the toe area, while the lace eyelets are spaces slightly differently too. I think as a model makes the rounds, the brand tweaks it as it goes along. Its unfortunate because then we have to sift through the differences but I think it's somewhat expected.

I'm glad they slimmed down the toe box. I had an issue with my highs after a while the primeknit stretched even more creating even more room upfront which caused my foot to move a bit which I didn't care for

Played in them tonight and they are amazing. Lockdown is awesome and the cushioning felt great. The one piece upper is full of padding, and really forma to your foot nicely. All the inner structure from last years model is gone and no toungue. They feel so sleek on foot and are easily the best shoe i have played in for a long time.

I've been jordan/nike for 25 years, but adidas are really taking over IMO. The CE 2017 takes all the things that were great in the last model, and just tweaked a few things to make them better. Good luck to those going for them, you won't be dissapointed!

Played in them tonight and they are amazing. Lockdown is awesome and the cushioning felt great. The one piece upper is full of padding, and really forma to your foot nicely. All the inner structure from last years model is gone and no toungue. They feel so sleek on foot and are easily the best shoe i have played in for a long time.

I've been jordan/nike for 25 years, but adidas are really taking over IMO. The CE 2017 takes all the things that were great in the last model, and just tweaked a few things to make them better. Good luck to those going for them, you won't be dissapointed!
are they narrower in the toe box or shorter lengthwise?

Hope the Boost holds up for you over time. I'm curious to see the verdict on these after time. Either that or wait for the CE '16s to go on sale...

Hope the Boost holds up for you over time. I'm curious to see the verdict on these after time. Either that or wait for the CE '16s to go on sale...
'16s have been on sale for quite a while if you wanna grab a pair.

Really excited to grab a pair of the '17s just need them to start popping up a bit more somewhere I can use a code haha

yall think bounce or boost is better for ball?

Bounce is awesome in the Lillard 2. Feels more stable and bouncy (no pun) than in certain Boost equipped shoes. Depends on your preference and how your knees/legs respond to the cushioning. Some people don't like playing in boost or how their legs feel after playing in them. Bounce is cheaper too. Best is to try both and see for yourself.

yall think bounce or boost is better for ball?

i think it's personal preference, bounce in the lillard2s are too hard for my knees, but bounce in the dame3s is just right. boost in the crazylight 2016 was too stiff, but the boost in the harden vol 1 and crazy explosives is awesome to me. it's a decision on how much cushion you want and how much court feel you want :smile:

Bounce is awesome in the Lillard 2. Feels more stable and bouncy (no pun) than in certain Boost equipped shoes. Depends on your preference and how your knees/legs respond to the cushioning. Some people don't like playing in boost or how their legs feel after playing in them. Bounce is cheaper too. Best is to try both and see for yourself.

have they ever made a bounce and boost combo set up in a bball shoe sort of like air and zoom air?

I don't think they have, the only boost/eva combo I recall are on the CL15PKs that has boost heel and then regular eva (adiprene?) on the forefoot.

That was the general set up on the Cl15. Also made some Wall 2.0's and some Lillard 2.0's with the same set up.

I got a pair of the AWCL15's and JW PK 2.0 Boost. Pretty solid setups.

boost and bounce combo could be nice. I wonder if boost in the heel and bounce in the forefoot could be lighter and more responsive...

Nice! How would you compare the Boost feel from last years model, the same or more soft? What tweaks did you feel the most in comparison of last years model?

are they narrower in the toe box or shorter lengthwise?

Just not as much height. No dead space between the top of the shoe and your toes. Last years knit was almost like ultraboosts in the toe area with a thin weave and no support. The new version is more like the weave on a jordan 29. Its thicker and hugs your whole foot.

Nice! How would you compare the Boost feel from last years model, the same or more soft? What tweaks did you feel the most in comparison of last years model?

The boost felt a little firmer to me but the cushion felt good the full length of my foot.

The removal of the inner bootie, and building that structure into the weave to really slim the shoe down and make it hug your foot. Going from 4 eyelets to 5 really helps the lockdown.

The boost felt a little firmer to me but the cushion felt good the full length of my foot.

The removal of the inner bootie, and building that structure into the weave to really slim the shoe down and make it hug your foot. Going from 4 eyelets to 5 really helps the lockdown.
interesting, thanks for the response.

boost and bounce combo could be nice. I wonder if boost in the heel and bounce in the forefoot could be lighter and more responsive...

i would think it would be the other way around since bounce would be more firm no?

Back
Top Bottom