ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

MVP’s don’t choke.

Should have went to lebron.

58E05E4E-F702-4EAB-930A-671EA248F678.png

ok you want to discuss boost bball shoes...

actually it is bball adjacent, it is based on Feet You Wear tech of the past and the BYW (Boost You Wear) line is bball shoe first (BYW X) then casual later

granted adidas doesn't seem to want to release the actual bball version

and the shoe design is somewhat inspired by the crazy 2s8s as well

ultra boost are running shoes, so should they not post that in the casual boost shoe thread? and yes you can ball in them if you want, it's a performance shoe, wouldn't be the most ideal and it's not made for it but you can ball in it, hell i used to play ball in running shoes in high school

but back to BYWs, i'll let Adidas marketing do the talking...

CRAZY BYW SHOES
'90S BASKETBALL-INSPIRED SHOES WITH A MODULAR BOOST OUTSOLE.

The year was '97, and one flashy mid top ruled the hardwood. Instantly famous for its over-the-top look, the Crazy 8 was one of the most sensational trainers the game had ever seen. Revamped for the present day, these Crazy BYW shoes are inspired by the natural movement of the '90s-era FYW concept. They feature a "Boost You Wear" midsole with a triple Boost pod system. Distinctive Boost midsole Boost is our most responsive cushioning ever Modular cushioning Three separate Boost pods adapt to your foot's natural movement Freddy the Foot logo On the toe cap is a logo of Freddy, the mascot of the original FYW series
Anything Originals is casual/lifestyle. Which is why the BYW X has the trefoil and the badge of sport (casual x performance) and the BYW only has the trefoil.

adidas is blurring the lines between sport and style (not always in a good way) which is the root of the confusion and this discussion.

yah it's the original dept making a performance shoe and the confusion is understandable because they are being dumb, like naming that one pair ADV EQT Basketball which when people saw the name, got then to really want to check out on the court

with that said, i don't think the trefoil or it being an originals was the main confusion in the beginning (i believe the X has an upside down 3stripe logo right below the trefoil on the tongue?), it was having nba players playing in the X and then releasing the LVL1 to the public making them think it's a takedown version

and speaking of the BYW LVL1, they're $85 at ADC and you can take an extra 20% off with the code: SSC17ADP to bring it down to $68 before taxes (code includes free shipping)

[QUOTE="rfx45, post: 30248583, member: 38114"
and speaking of the BYW LVL1, they're $85 at ADC and you can take an extra 20% off with the code: SSC17ADP to bring it down to $68 before taxes (code includes free shipping)[/QUOTE]

$68 Not bad.....but I got other ish to cop. Adidas won’t get my money till the byw x actually release.

yah it was real tempting but i still passed :lol:

that spout ankle opening just looks mad weird

yah it was real tempting but i still passed :lol:

that spout ankle opening just looks mad weird
I can’t even get through the site, the webpages are crashing, nothing new to happens every time they do a sale.

I won’t be surprised if they show up in marshalls Nationwide for like $50, personally I think this shoe flopped hard.

with that said, i don't think the trefoil or it being an originals was the main confusion in the beginning (i believe the X has an upside down 3stripe logo right below the trefoil on the tongue?), it was having nba players playing in the X and then releasing the LVL1 to the public making them think it's a takedown version
My point was, if it has a trefoil it's an Originals product which = lifestyle/casual. That's how adidas divides their product categories. Badge of sport = performance division. That's why the Originals stores don't carry Ultraboost, soccer or basketball shoes. Sports performance stores do carry Originals stuff, but that's because Originals is the bread winner for adidas.

Superstars, Stans, Inikis, NMD, retro EQTs, etc. all have the trefoil. You're not going to hoop in those or play any sports in them, despite what the marketing materials say. I enjoy this thread because I get new info and reviews on adidas' performance basketball shoes. But if I wanted info for Originals shoes with boost, I'd go to the main boost thread.

i get your point but the trefoil wasn't a highlight of the shoes, it's not the first thing people see or look at, there isn't a giant emblazoned trefoil logo in the shoe, the box isn't highly featured in the pictures posted

i am speaking strictly in this thread and honestly if I didn't see Nightwings vid explaining the BYW X (an actual bball, performance shoe from originals) I may not even notice it's from the original division

and i don't really think the trefoil is the main issue of the last discussion at all, the lvl2s doesn't even showcase the trefoil logo and iirc it's only on the sole(?)

at the end of the day, the BYW X is marketed and advertised as a bball shoe, they had their players wearing it on the bball court and people wanted to play in it, it doesn't help that adidas has been slacking with their bball department

and i really wouldn't be surprised that today, if this trefoil/originals discussions wasn't a topic, more than half of the posters here wouldn't even know it's an originals shoe including the BYW lvl1/2

i get your point but the trefoil wasn't a highlight of the shoes, it's not the first thing people see or look at, there isn't a giant emblazoned trefoil logo in the shoe, the box isn't highly featured in the pictures posted

i am speaking strictly in this thread and honestly if I didn't see Nightwings vid explaining the BYW X (an actual bball, performance shoe from originals) I may not even notice it's from the original division

and i don't really think the trefoil is the main issue of the last discussion at all, the lvl2s doesn't even showcase the trefoil logo and iirc it's only on the sole(?)

at the end of the day, the BYW X is marketed and advertised as a bball shoe, they had their players wearing it on the bball court and people wanted to play in it, it doesn't help that adidas has been slacking with their bball department

and i really wouldn't be surprised that today, if this trefoil/originals discussions wasn't a topic, more than half of the posters here wouldn't even know it's an originals shoe including the BYW lvl1/2
The BYW X has a trefoil and BOS, as I already said. It's a performance shoe based on an Originals silhouette. It's the first shoe to ever feature both logos.

It's not strictly an Originals shoe, you're confused or don't understand the blending of two divisions.

:lol: no one is confused, i get it, trust me

i am not sure why you have a hard time understanding and keep insisting no one is getting Originals making a performance shoe for the first time? it's not a difficult concept but you seem confused just because someone is disagreeing on a different aspect of the topic

i am not arguing the divisions and i've mentioned the shoe has both logos if you read my post back but it really isn't visible and tonal on the tongue part to begin with and that was beside the point

as i said, that isn't the main cause of confusion for many as a lot likely do not know this is an original shoes on an originals box which you keep saying is the main confusion, actually i am not even sure there is a confusion, one dude just wants no "casual" shoe in the thread despite it bball or BYW X adjacent, no confusion there whether it's originals or not (again, may here probably do not know or care whether it's in one division or the other, many also do not know that Nike box colors could dictate whether the shoe is a casual or performance shoe either)

people aren't arguing why an originals division is releasing a performance shoe, more like adidas has what seems like a great bball shoe in the X but keeps releasing the LVLs, that is what i perceive as the main issue

people want to play in the BYW X, not wear the awkward/weird casual versions in the LVLs

sh*t they already have a LVL2 when the X hasn't even gotten a proper release, that is what people really have an issue with

:lol: no one is confused, i get it, trust me

i am not sure why you have a hard time understanding and keep insisting no one is getting Originals making a performance shoe for the first time? it's not a difficult concept but you seem confused just because someone is disagreeing on a different aspect of the topic

i am not arguing the divisions and i've mentioned the shoe has both logos if you read my post back but it really isn't visible and tonal on the tongue part to begin with and that was beside the point

as i said, that isn't the main cause of confusion for many as a lot likely do not know this is an original shoes on an originals box which you keep saying is the main confusion, actually i am not even sure there is a confusion, one dude just wants no "casual" shoe in the thread despite it bball or BYW X adjacent, no confusion there whether it's originals or not (again, may here probably do not know or care whether it's in one division or the other, many also do not know that Nike box colors could dictate whether the shoe is a casual or performance shoe either)

people aren't arguing why an originals division is releasing a performance shoe, more like adidas has what seems like a great bball shoe in the X but keeps releasing the LVLs, that is what i perceive as the main issue

people want to play in the BYW X, not wear the awkward/weird casual versions in the LVLs

sh*t they already have a LVL2 when the X hasn't even gotten a proper release, that is what people really have an issue with
That was incoherent and a lot of rambling.

This is the issue:
  • BYW LVL1 is not a bball shoe but you argue that it's close enough and belongs in here vs. I'm saying it doesn't belong in here because it's clearly a lifestyle shoe in looks and based on the logo (trefoil only)
At the end of the day, you created the thread so do what you want with it. I'm sure people are tired of seeing me argue about this so I'll move on.

its not "clearly" a lifestyle shoe though :lol: not even in looks, that's why there was plenty of initial confusion

and it's probably only rambling because you just don't want to understand the issue and just ignore the details but whatever

i know its a lifestyle shoe, it is clear now and i was just having fun with the dude but then he called me petty and that i had no idea was i was talking about so I had to just explain it is based on bball shoes, plain and simple and then you start talking about the damn trefoil :lol: (like arguing this when really i barely see anyone here even concern with themselves with this and keep ignoring that maybe half of the posters and lurkers here even know the trefoil is a lifestyle logo)

and again NEVER did I say the BYW LVL1 was a hoop shoe, i even said it on the LVL2s and just was playin with dude saying it could still be a bball shoe (no immediate trefoil logo that i saw in case you're wondering)

but i guess my main point is the thread is dead and yall really being too damn picky with what's posted in here :lol: yall need to chill and stop acting like the 5 second it took you to click and see a shoe you can't ball with will kill you :lol:

it takes less time to ignore it and click the back button

and i really can't believe i have to change the thread title just so that a casual version of a bball shoe could be posted here without any issues :rofl:

Nah, you changed the thread title to make your point correct because based on all of your dissertations, you have an issue with being wrong.

It was a boost basketball thread. BYW= casual and BYW-X= performance/basketball. It’s pretty black and white.

i really don't have an issue being wrong and i admit that it is a casual shoe, i just don't see the big deal like you guys do

you guys just take it too damn literally and if it cross over to the casual realm then it's forbidden in this thread even if it is based on a bball shoe

so i technically do have to change the title so we don't run into the issue

but i'll admit to a mistake I made, i didn't know that you guys are going to see the title as "black and white" and that there is absolutely no grey area in what is posted just because it's "bball boost" thread means ONLY BBALL BOOST shoes posted and absolutely nothing else

Lmao. But bron was more impactful and had better stats. It’s not even debateable.
SUMMARY

their stats are actually very similar.... and JH's team did win 15 more games {and CP3 did miss almost a 1/3 of the season} which does matter to the voters.....but if God says LBJ should have won then who am i to say otherwise :D

Harden.png LBJ.png

WS = an estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player
PER = Player Efficiency Rating

Reactions: God
CP3 missing time does matter but they also have to consider that Love missed a lot of games with the hand surgery too and he practically had a whole new quad to adapt with plus he has JR Smith
35617957_203628323618875_911620092909846528_n.jpg

but it really more than just stats though this year I feel like Lebron deserved it more than the past 3 years just because he literally had to carry the whole team for 82 games but then again there's also this...

35575524_186411418710853_3405148139257069568_n.jpg

This argument about byw x or the bye topic Is quite annoying. Left rfx45 rfx45 do his thing he’s the only one posting new pics of new models.

If you don’t got vital information just ****.

Back
Top Bottom