ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

someone on IG claims these are CLB Summer Packs
34815245_198358737405179_7186029376301957120_n.jpg

They should give out the MVP award after the regular season and not after the Finals are over. Part of the debate comes from seeing how Harden and Bron performed in the playoffs. I heard the voters submit MVP votes in late April. Some people suggested creating a separate regular season and playoff MVP award, and I kind of like that idea.

Kyrie: “I didn’t vote. I didn’t vote. I think MVP is hard to gauge nowadays because now you have the people’s MVP and the NBA’s MVP.
“I think the people’s MVP was definitely James, but the NBA MVP was definitely Bron.”

..... there already is a separate regular season MVP {Harden} & playoff Finals MVP {KD}

the MVP award is kind of weird, while it should be an objective vote, it becomes subjective for the most part

Lebrons stats have been so good and consistent for his entire career that he has to exceed it way more than expectations for him to win, which is somewhat unfair

some probably felt like they had to make up from last year but they also had no choice because no one expected for someone to average a triple-double for the season and almost had to give it to Russy but if you think about it Russy had another triple-double season and he wasn't even in the conversation

he had two stars on the team which can be viewed as both good or bad though

Harden definitely deserves to win the MVP but it can also be argued for Lebron deserves it every year when you consider that him being in a team is almost a guaranteed finals appearance

Remember when they gave Carl Malone Season mvp but not to Michael Jordan. NBA is fill with politics it’s more than just a game it’s an ego driven organization. So everyone judgement tends to be wrong.
Harden still choked in the playoffs, just like Malone did. I’m sure it will be his 1st and last mvp.

They should give out the MVP award after the regular season and not after the Finals are over. Part of the debate comes from seeing how Harden and Bron performed in the playoffs. I heard the voters submit MVP votes in late April. Some people suggested creating a separate regular season and playoff MVP award, and I kind of like that idea.
It's a regular season award which is why the voters submit votes before the playoffs start so that playoff performances don't affect voters' opinions.

Playoff MVP is stupid. Comparing total stats is stupid too. Obviously 200 more rebounds is going to look better than a 2 rebounds/game difference at first glance. Those graphics comparing total stats are the lowest common denominator to rile up casual basketball fans.

All of the NBA awards are subjective (there a no agreed upon metrics for any of the awards) and the voters get caught up in certain narratives ("Player X deserves it more this year", "Player Y is awesome every year and I'm tired of voting for him, so lets give it someone else year", "Coach Z led his team to great record inspite of massive injuries", etc.). I think we can all agree the current voting system is flawed and announcing the winners AFTER the playoffs (10 wks after the end of the regular season) is just stupid. This sounds like a great conversation to move to the sports forums so we can focus on the shoes...

It's a regular season award which is why the voters submit votes before the playoffs start so that playoff performances don't affect voters' opinions.

Right, which is why I said they should give the award out after the regular season and not after the Finals.

the CLB "Summer Pack" white ones are up on adidas now

"A LIGHTWEIGHT SHOE INSPIRED BY SUMMER BASKETBALL."
Featuring a multicolor graphic inspired by outdoor runs and pickup games, this lightweight shoe is built for players who rely on quickness and acceleration by unleashing raw energy with every change of direction. The molded heel cap and breathable upper offer lateral stability as you create separation from defenders all summer long.

Crazy_Light_Boost_2018_White_BB7157_01_standard.jpg

from the above description "Featuring a multicolor graphic inspired by outdoor runs and pickup games" this must be the Harden summer shoe, also up on adidas

Harden_Vol__2_Shoes_White_AQ0048_01_standard.jpg

^^ agree....i wouldn't even mind seeing them put out a Crazylight Bounce too. give consumers the option of boost or bounce. the boost is heavier and too heavy for some younger kids.

i'd rather see the Explosive Bounce/Explosive Boost & Crazylight Bounce/Crazylight Boost options than coming out with models i don't ever see anyone wearing {Mad Bounce for example}

^^ agree....i wouldn't even mind seeing them put out a Crazylight Bounce too. give consumers the option of boost or bounce. the boost is heavier and too heavy for some younger kids.

i'd rather see the Explosive Bounce/Explosive Boost & Crazylight Bounce/Crazylight Boost options than coming out with models i don't ever see anyone wearing {Mad Bounce for example}
Too heavy for some young kids? Lol what kinda weak behind kids folks making these days smh. Never heard that madness before but thanks for the laugh

Man why can't we get the BYW X already ffs, this is ridiculous, hoping they didn't cancel the entire line or something.
Honestly I don't even want them at this point. After all the reviews of traction wearing down quick in indoor courts, it's not even worth the price point. I use my Kobe 9s outdoors and it still hasn't worn down much.

That's amazing. The shoe has been out for so long already. How often do you play outdoors with them?
I rotate them with my lebron 15s and jordan 13s. I'm exaggerating a bit. I just looked at them and there's definitely wear but there's still enough traction to still use tho. I expected them to be flat by now tho after all the reviews of it not being suitable for outdoors.

Thinking about getting the Crazylight Boost 2018 since they're on this current Adidas sale. What are your guys' thoughts on them?

Back
Top Bottom