ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just out of curiosity how much do you guys think Adidas is gaining/chipping away at JB/Nike? Many Jordan retros are sitting, while UBs are hard to find. Yeezy prices are just flat out ridiculous. This thread alone is moving at breakneck speed, and I have seen many people at sneaker stores hovering around the Adidas section, something I didn't really notice before. 

:lol:

Dudes kill me with this.

UB are selling out because Adidas drops them in limited numbers. JB and Nike drop releases constantly in tens and hundreds or thousands. There's no comparison. Go look at the quarter sales numbers.

in terms of market share very little. in terms of creating something they COULD be very successful on in the future theyre making leaps and bounds. u have to remember nike has a secondary market (resellers and those buying from resellers) that alone will keep nike in business. remember they make the shoes for 10-15$ and sell to stores at 50% retail and then when they sell direct off NDC they make about 1500% (yes, fifteen hundred percent) depending on the model. when it comes to nike and jordan were talking they made 1million units of 72-10s. ONE MILLION. maybe theyve finally made too many pairs. i think htey did i think the hype train keeps any and every brand alive..so they need to go down to jut enough to sell out. adidas has done well to create the hype but in order to steal market share theyve gotta produce more numbers not just have hype.  
bro, what are you saying?

in terms of market share very little. in terms of creating something they COULD be very successful on in the future theyre making leaps and bounds. u have to remember nike has a secondary market (resellers and those buying from resellers) that alone will keep nike in business. remember they make the shoes for 10-15$ and sell to stores at 50% retail and then when they sell direct off NDC they make about 1500% (yes, fifteen hundred percent) depending on the model. when it comes to nike and jordan were talking they made 1million units of 72-10s. ONE MILLION. maybe theyve finally made too many pairs. i think htey did i think the hype train keeps any and every brand alive..so they need to go down to jut enough to sell out. adidas has done well to create the hype but in order to steal market share theyve gotta produce more numbers not just have hype.  
bro, what are you saying?
my thoughts exactly

Agree with this. IMO Adidas finally made some noise and IMO caught the attention of some people, creating a potential foothold for the future. 

laugh.gif

Dudes kill me with this.

UB are selling out because Adidas drops them in limited numbers. JB and Nike drop releases constantly in tens and hundreds or thousands. There's no comparison. Go look at the quarter sales numbers.
This. Makes me wonder about all the white restocks. Like Adidas will produce 100 pairs everyday and restock them somewhere, then they sell out. Which creates the illusion of hype. 

laugh.gif

Dudes kill me with this.

You read it wrong assuming I'm saying they were dominating Nike. Read again, I asked "how much?" which, none to very little are both valid answers. 

I think it's equal parts love and nectar of the Gods, with a sprinkle of crack/meth. Ironically, I don't use ketchup much; however, when I come home to Houston, I make it a point to stop at HEB and grab their ketchup to bring back to San Diego with me - copped 3 bottles last time lol. I don't think there's anything I don't like on Whataburger's menu. But those burgers, fries, and ketchup are something special ... heaven.

If you're in the Clear Lake area, try Main St Bistro in League City. They're really good. IMO better than Tookies; I think they're overrated
I'll definitely give that a try some time.  My wife and I like taking our kids to Kemah all the time so might give that place a try soon.

You read it wrong assuming I'm saying they were dominating Nike. Read again, I asked "how much?" which, none to very little are both valid answers. 

Nike is more worried about Under Armour.

Adidas needs to do more than produce Ronnie Fieg numbers for a release and have them sell out.

Nike can get with a Just Don or Supreme and put out some releases that will sell out. Their bread and butter are these retros they can put out year after year like he Air Max 90 or Air Force One in different colorways.

Think about how many classic models Nike has.

And would the Yeezy and Ulta Boost wearer wear a Adidas Forum, Superstar or Stan Smith that isn't some sort of collaboration or limited?

If Adidas dropped 400,000 Adidas Ulta Boost 2.0's tomorrow would they sell out? Would the average person want them if they were readily available? That's why it's funny to me how people will run back and say Jordan's are sitting. They just dropped 400,000 of them at $220. For a 25 year old design that sold for $110 originally.

Those who bought the Wool Ultra Boosts on Roadrunnersports earlier today might have their orders cancelled.

Talked with a representative to see if they were available (since they were no longer on the site) and he said they had no shipments of those coming in and it may/may not be a glitch.

Goodluck

Adidas needs to do more than produce Ronnie Fieg numbers for a release and have them sell out.

Nike can get with a Just Don or Supreme and put out some releases that will sell out. Their bread and butter are these retros they can put out year after year like he Air Max 90 or Air Force One in different colorways.

And would the Yeezy and Ulta Boost wearer wear a Adidas Forum, Superstar or Stan Smith that isn't some sort of collaboration or limited?

If Adidas dropped 400,000 Adidas Ulta Boost 2.0's tomorrow would they sell out? Would the average person want them if they were readily available? That's why it's funny to me how people will run back and say Jordan's are sitting. They just dropped 400,000 of them at $220. For a 25 year old design that sold for $110 originally.
Repped. You definitely know what you're talking about.

Those who bought the Wool Ultra Boosts on Roadrunnersports earlier today might have their orders cancelled.

Talked with a representative to see if they were available (since they were no longer on the site) and he said they had no shipments of those coming in and it may/may not be a glitch.

Goodluck

http://qz.com/590781/adidas-is-catching-up-to-nike-in-china/

UA has zero market share outside of US and they never will. It's an american bubble similar to the NFL. But you're right, Nike isn't sweating Adidas. 

RoadRunnerSports cancelling orders is nothing new. Never buying from them ever again. You might get a shoe and save $20 bucks or it might get cancelled while you sleep on getting it elsewhere. 

Back
Top Bottom