ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I didn't, copped at 37 
nthat.gif

y'all should've copped at 45 when the dip happened
smart man

Nike is more worried about Under Armour.

Adidas needs to do more than produce Ronnie Fieg numbers for a release and have them sell out.

Nike can get with a Just Don or Supreme and put out some releases that will sell out. Their bread and butter are these retros they can put out year after year like he Air Max 90 or Air Force One in different colorways.

Think about how many classic models Nike has.

And would the Yeezy and Ulta Boost wearer wear a Adidas Forum, Superstar or Stan Smith that isn't some sort of collaboration or limited?

If Adidas dropped 400,000 Adidas Ulta Boost 2.0's tomorrow would they sell out? Would the average person want them if they were readily available? That's why it's funny to me how people will run back and say Jordan's are sitting. They just dropped 400,000 of them at $220. For a 25 year old design that sold for $110 originally.
No doubt, plus JB can always pullout the trump cards like Royals or Space Jams (Things I'm certain they keep on stand by if sales ever waver.)

The answer to those is most likely no, they don't have the strong client following that Nike has. At least not in the US, for anyone who has traveled abroad I think you will see Adidas  more than Nike. 

Speaking from the running side of things, adidas is making huge strides (pun intended) but they are way behind and they have a huge problem. They are way too expensive. Many of the more recent marathon winners have been rocking boosts but adidas' really great running shoes are too expensive for most. And while they look cool, a lot of runners are fine with whatever. Nike has good looking running shoes at a much lower price point.

I'd imagine this is similar with other sports as well. I could be wrong but I doubt people buying shoes for fashion purposes are the majority of any of these companies business.

Last edited:
You don't need help, you need Creams

:lol:

No doubt, plus JB can always pullout the trump cards like Royals or Space Jams (Things I'm certain they keep on stand by if sales ever waver.)

The answer to those is most likely no, they don't have the strong client following that Nike has. At least not in the US, for anyone who has traveled abroad I think you will see Adidas  more than Nike. 

Yeah, because Adidas has been intertwined with soccer.

but Nike has been trying to strike in that market.

IMO for me being older it's always been about the shoe and not the brand. Brand allegiance and his competition is a new thing that developed over the past 20 years.

Nike is more worried about Under Armour.

Adidas needs to do more than produce Ronnie Fieg numbers for a release and have them sell out.

Nike can get with a Just Don or Supreme and put out some releases that will sell out. Their bread and butter are these retros they can put out year after year like he Air Max 90 or Air Force One in different colorways.

Think about how many classic models Nike has.

And would the Yeezy and Ulta Boost wearer wear a Adidas Forum, Superstar or Stan Smith that isn't some sort of collaboration or limited?

If Adidas dropped 400,000 Adidas Ulta Boost 2.0's tomorrow would they sell out? Would the average person want them if they were readily available? That's why it's funny to me how people will run back and say Jordan's are sitting. They just dropped 400,000 of them at $220. For a 25 year old design that sold for $110 originally.
truth. numbers don't lie. just in the US I think Nike is more worried about UA since they struck gold with Cam Newton and Curry. internationally, Adidas is probably their main competitor due to their strength in soccer with sponsorships and brand name.

Has anybody tried dying their midsole? I saw someone who dyed their triple blacks and made the midsole black and it looked great. Has anybody tried it?

laugh.gif

Yeah, because Adidas has been intertwined with soccer.

but Nike has been trying to strike in that market.

IMO for me being older it's always been about the shoe and not the brand. Brand allegiance and his competition is a new thing that developed over the past 20 years.
Nike is well past the point of trying to strike in "soccer." They are a massive force...They are an amazing marketing machine.

Under Armor?? Earnings coming today and it's gonna get ugly. 

http://www.investors.com/news/ahead-of-q4-under-armour-price-targets-get-hammered/
 “Earlier in the month, Morgan Stanley downgraded Under Armour to underweight from equal weight and cut it price target to 62 from 103 on indications that the brand is losing apparel-market share for the first time in three years and ASPs are declining at an accelerating pace."

truth. numbers don't lie. just in the US I think Nike is more worried about UA since they struck gold with Cam Newton and Curry. internationally, Adidas is probably their main competitor due to their strength in soccer with sponsorships and brand name.
AHHAHAHAHAHAH

Cam Newton doesn't move the needle an INCH bud. Curry does in the US, but that's it. 

Has anybody tried dying their midsole? I saw someone who dyed their triple blacks and made the midsole black and it looked great. Has anybody tried it?

my homie did it with his core black UB. he dyed the midsole first, then painted it black and it looks awesome. He said he just googled some tutorials and found videos on youtube and it was super easy.

Looked into this a while back. From what I saw people were doing it with paint. And the paint chips over time. Sounds like a lot of upkeep.

American Footballers don't really move the needle when it comes to marketing. There are very few who do and they are white and play quarterback. 
what is he like 2-3 years into the league now? He's becoming a superstar in the league and easily one of the most marketable guys in the NFL now How about u wait a year or two before we determine how much of an impact he makes in the most popular sport in america.

Besides that bum victor cruz, I don't think any nfl player had a signature shoe out this year.

what is he like 2-3 years into the league now? He's becoming a superstar in the league and easily one of the most marketable guys in the NFL now How about u wait a year or two before we determine how much of an impact he makes in the most popular sport in america.
http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/#tab:overall

Please find me Cam Newton on this list. What exactly do American footballers sell? Shoes? nobody really actually PLAYS that sport. Pizza? Sandwiches? Yes, they can do that...We are talking about Under Armor. Cam ain't moving that stock price a penny higher on his own. 

If any of y'all believe in that UA so much, here's your chance to buy their stock. It's absolutely getting crushed

http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/#tab:overall

Please find me Cam Newton on this list. What exactly do American footballers sell? Shoes? nobody really actually PLAYS that sport. Pizza? Sandwiches? Yes, they can do that...We are talking about Under Armor. Cam ain't moving that stock price a penny higher on his own. 
man, you really aren't that smart, are you? might wanna take some marketing classes at your local JC or something. UA sells something called apparel, if you haven't noticed? and if you don't think Cam isn't moving the needle when he's one of the marketable NFL players right now, i don't know what to tell you.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/busines...z-cam-newton-under-armour-20160125-story.html

and you honestly linked an article about highest paid athletes and equate that to marketability??? lmao

thread derailing hard right now. for a trread that moves this fast, its not needed. i just read 3 pages of bull ish that was just talked about a couple weeks ago when Kanye dropped that song.

Speaking from the running side of things, adidas is making huge strides (pun intended) but they are way behind and they have a huge problem. They are way too expensive. Many of the more recent marathon winners have been rocking boosts but adidas' really great running shoes are too expensive for most. And while they look cool, a lot of runners are fine with whatever. Nike has good looking running shoes at a much lower price point.

I'd imagine this is similar with other sports as well. I could be wrong but I doubt people buying shoes for fashion purposes are the majority of any of these companies business.
I have run a few 10k and half marathons and have seen that the serious runners go for Mizuno, Brooks, Asics, Saucony, and New Balance. Just from my personal experience. 

Back
Top Bottom