ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A couple of quick shots of the black 3M laces from RLS in my 3Ms.  Honestly I haven't bonded with the 3Ms that much and at this point I will primarily wear them when I am out at night walking or riding my bike.  The laces glow as bright as the shoes, as well as letting a lot more of the fabric underneath show through.  These things really pop when the light hits them.

A couple of quick shots of the black 3M laces from RLS in my 3Ms.  Honestly I haven't bonded with the 3Ms that much and at this point I will primarily wear them when I am out at night walking or riding my bike.  The laces glow as bright as the shoes, as well as letting a lot more of the fabric underneath show through.  These things really pop when the light hits them.
I did those to my 3Ms, same laces. It's a good swap out however the laces were kinda hard to put on. Had to use plyers to flatten out the tips.

We all are staying positive...  I myself copped it at resell but not too bad of a price... $250.  Now if I can cop again for retail, that would be great. lol

trying to stay positive about a cream restock...im starting to think ebay is my best bet
Man the infatuation of these creams is like a kid's high school crush. You'd think people would get over it by now.

Creams are probably the best CW to come out SO FAR. I am sure once UBs 3rd wave comes out, they'll have way doper colors.

Just saying, don't break the bank for the hype. Once UBs reaches level 9000 hype, Adidas will make more GR dope colorways like what they are doing with NMDs.

(Still think they might abandon UBs and go full on NMDs).

Nah...  THey wont abandon UB since it was really designed for actual running...  They still have that market to cater...  NMDs, Im not to sure but the market for those and UB has crossed path...  

Last edited:

(Still think they might abandon UBs and go full on NMDs).
I doubt that because the UB has won a lot of awards in the running community.  Adidas has been lucky with the crossover lifestyle appeal, but the UB is still their flagship neutral running shoe. 

Nah...  THey wont abandon UB since it was really designed for actual running...  They still have that market to cater...  NMDs, Im not to sure but the market for those and UB has crossed path...  
What happened to the Spring Blades?

I doubt that because the UB has won a lot of awards in the running community.  Adidas has been lucky with the crossover lifestyle appeal, but the UB is still their flagship neutral running shoe. 
UBs being the 'worlds greatest running shoe' is a self-proclaimed award. True running community who would use these shoes for half-marathons/marathons are notorious for being a c*ap shoe in terms of durability/longevity.

This is a very silly thing to think.
What makes you think they won't create a shoe "better" than UBs? They are already starting that with NMDs (in their eyes). Nike/Adidas don't follow the hype, they create it or they have a social icon to create it for them.

What makes you think they won't create a shoe "better" than UBs? They are already starting that with NMDs (in their eyes). Nike/Adidas don't follow the hype, they create it or they have a social icon to create it for them.
NMDs aren't a running shoe and UB is selling REALLY well. Why would they abandon it when sales are so good?

They have a hit on their hands and they know it. Obviously UBs aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

edit - I also don't see any evidence that adidas considers the NMD "better" than the UB. It's marketed as a lifestyle shoe.

Last edited:

UBs being the 'worlds greatest running shoe' is a self-proclaimed award. True running community who would use these shoes for half-marathons/marathons are notorious for being a c*ap shoe in terms of durability/longevity.
Already ran a half and training for another in them. They are fine, sure they won't last as long as some Asics, but these are way more comfortable.

Come on man...  Spring blades and UB is not even a comparison...  Was spring blade selling out every drop?  

Last edited:

NMDs aren't a running shoe and UB is selling REALLY well. Why would they abandon it when sales are so good?

They have a hit on their hands and they know it. Obviously UBs aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

edit - I also don't see any evidence that adidas considers the NMD "better" than the UB. It's marketed as a lifestyle shoe.
NMDs are sold out everywhere not even a single pair of any previous colorway on shelves for retail.

There are still solar yellow / solor red/ a butt load of clear greens in the employee store. They are willing to sell that shoe for $90.

I guess the only way to see what they decide to do with UBs is see the response of the NMDs GR.

Already ran a half and training for another in them. They are fine, sure they won't last as long as some Asics, but these are way more comfortable.
I wish I was still actively running so I can try UBs...  I'm actually half motivated to run again so that I could...  My knees are already shot tho... 
tired.gif

NMDs are sold out everywhere not even a single pair of any previous colorway on shelves for retail.

There are still solar yellow / solor red/ a butt load of clear greens in the employee store. They are willing to sell that shoe for $90.

I guess the only way to see what they decide to do with UBs is see the response of the NMDs GR.
Thats exactly what it is...  Until all the GR colors dropped, you wouldnt know for sure...  Sure all the NMDs right now is selling like hotcakes but until the GR's actually start coming along, its almost like current NMDs have "Limited" stamped on them.

Come on man...  Spring blades and UB is not even a comparison...  Was spring blade selling out every drop?  
you just said "THey wont abandon UB since it was really designed for actual running." Both shoes are running shoes in your eyes so that is where the comparisons draw.

Spring blades were selling out initially.

And only consortium CW / creams / 3ms / CNY sold out every drop. Every other colorway can still be had (just not in your size but someone else's size).

NMDs are stupid limited so this doesn't make any sense

you just said "THey wont abandon UB since it was really designed for actual running." Both shoes are running shoes in your eyes so that is where the comparisons draw.

Spring blades were selling out initially.

And only consortium CW / creams / 3ms / CNY sold out every drop. Every other colorway can still be had (just not in your size but someone else's size).
Both are running shoes but the market for each shoes is different...  UB have 2 different market niche...  Dont know about those blades.  

Not completely true...  OG is gone.  At least for mens.  Whites are pretty much gone for mens.  MGs shows up at a very limited quantity even tho when ADC first drop, there was a **** load.

NMDs are stupid limited so this doesn't make any sense
I think you are missing the point here. UBs hype started on accident a la Kanye. NMDs hype was manufactured and marketed by Adidas.

Adidas are selling crazy NMDs with 100% selling out in every size all stores they released them. No matter how much they made that is crazy to me.

Why would I continue making UBs if I know NMDs had a good response? And to top it all off, they already had Kanye rocking the white/black R1s at Yeezy season 3.

I think you are missing the point here. UBs hype started on accident a la Kanye. NMDs hype was manufactured and marketed by Adidas.

Adidas are selling crazy NMDs with 100% selling out in every size all stores they released them. No matter how much they made that is crazy to me.

Why would I continue making UBs if I know NMDs had a good response? And to top it all off, they already had Kanye rocking the white/black R1s at Yeezy season 3.
Why wouldnt you continue to manufacture both if you know both pretty much sells out?  Yeah maybe there is a CW or 2 that does not sell out, but a big number of the colorway produced have soldout.  ****, even gradients for some reason is starting to get low in stock... 

Cool you're totally right man, RIP Ultra Boosts. They had a good run. Too bad they're done, I really liked em. Your logic definitely isn't flawed at all.

It's too bad a company like adidas doesn't have the resources to make more than one kind of shoe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom