ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hype still strong. It's a great shoe. I don't see any reason for it to have a successor unless people are in just for the hype.

See, that makes no sense to me. How can you say love the shoe for reasons outside hype and not want an updated improved version? They don't have to stop making ultra boosts for them to continue the line and make improvements. One thing I'd would improve on is the boost sole. I'd make them thicker. I've got a variety of different boost shoes, pure boosts, rocket boosts, retro boosts, and none of them bottom out like ultra boosts do after a ton of wear and activity. I've walked, ran, and worked out in 2 out of the 3 ultra boosts I've owned for the past year to year and half and I've done the same with my rocket boosts and my rocket boosts feel more cushioned than the ultra boosts now. I'd also say that as far as comfort goes my new alpha bounces feel more comfortable than the 2 ultra boosts that I've been working out in. Adidas says that the ultra boost have 20% more boost but the boost sole is not as thick. Making them the same thickeness as the pure boost would probably fix that problem. I'd also extend the heel support cup a little bit more towards the arch of the foot for more support like the retro boosts do. I know a lot of you guys have like 20 pairs of ultra boosts though so you probably haven't pushed most of yours to the limits I have with mine :lol:

See, that makes no sense to me. How can you say love the shoe for reasons outside hype and not want an updated improved version? They don't have to stop making ultra boosts for them to continue the line and make improvements. One thing I'd would improve on is the boost sole. I'd make them thicker. I've got a variety of different boost shoes, pure boosts, rocket boosts, retro boosts, and none of them bottom out like ultra boosts do after a ton of wear and activity. I've walked, ran, and worked out in 2 out of the 3 ultra boosts I've owned for the past year to year and half and I've done the same with my rocket boosts and my rocket boosts feel more cushioned than the ultra boosts now. I'd also say that as far as comfort goes my new alpha bounces feel more comfortable than the 2 ultra boosts that I've been working out in. Adidas says that the ultra boost have 20% more boost but the boost sole is not as thick. Making them the same thickeness as the pure boost would probably fix that problem. I'd also extend the heel support cup a little bit more towards the arch of the foot for more support like the retro boosts do. I know a lot of you guys have like 20 pairs of ultra boosts though so you probably haven't pushed most of yours to the limits I have with mine :lol:
I respect your opinion. Maybe having pairs of UB havent made me push the limits of my pairs. I guess the only thing I could ask for is make it less snug since I only use it for casual wear. Otherwise its a great shoe for me thats why I dont think it needs any fixing.

I respect your opinion. Maybe having pairs of UB havent made me push the limits of my pairs. I guess the only thing I could ask for is make it less snug since I only use it for casual wear. Otherwise its a great shoe for me thats why I dont think it needs any fixing.
i def wear mine causally too and i dont necessarily think the model itself needs fixing persay. the ultra boost is a great model but how can people not want more innovation and improvements with a next gen? the pure boost gave way to the superior ultra boost, i think its natural for ultra boost to give way to way to something that improves upon it as well. adidas has this weird way of expanding laterally instead of forward which leaves out guys like me who are retired "sneaker heads" that shop by model instead of colorway. that doesnt mean i have a problem with collecting shoes in terms of quantity its just that the ultra boost is such an all purpose sneaker i couldnt see my self needing more than 2-3 pairs at a time because anything more would just end up not getting worn and i know that any ultra boost i buy isnt going to be any better than the ones i already have. which is why i ventured into y-3 as opposed to getting into NMD's.

heck the fact that NMDs are doing so well blows my mind because as far as comfort goes theyre the least comfortable full boost shoes out in my opinion. adidas drops boost below and above its price point that feel way better on foot. but thats ignoring hype and thinking more practically, which for the most part is what i do when it comes to trainers/runners.
Definitley need to make to make the boost thicker. I bottom out with these also
strange that the pureboost sole doesnt have that problem even though its supposed to have less boost

Last edited:
i honestly think the UB sole is durable enough. i've been beating 1 pair for the past 6 months, run-gym-casual. it's still bouncy. i think what you're talking about is just the insole bottoming out. not the boost itself. Feels the same to me.

Also, the pure boost sole is just plush in the heel, very thin on the forefoot- you can barely feel it.

the ultra boost is a great model but how can people not want more innovation and improvements with a next gen? 
I dont trust adidas to make the improvements i want. For example. from the gen 1 UBs to the gen 2 (gradients). Adidas added the continental sole and made the upper full PK which I see as an improvement but honestly they look terrible to me. I hate the gradient pattern. For me shoes need to function well AND look good aesthetically. So for reasons like these people may not want there favorite model "improved". 

That said gen 3s look great and im sold on the burgundys. 

i def wear mine causally too and i dont necessarily think the model itself needs fixing persay. the ultra boost is a great model but how can people not want more innovation and improvements with a next gen? the pure boost gave way to the superior ultra boost, i think its natural for ultra boost to give way to way to something that improves upon it as well. adidas has this weird way of expanding laterally instead of forward which leaves out guys like me who are retired "sneaker heads" that shop by model instead of colorway. that doesnt mean i have a problem with collecting shoes in terms of quantity its just that the ultra boost is such an all purpose sneaker i couldnt see my self needing more than 2-3 pairs at a time because anything more would just end up not getting worn and i know that any ultra boost i buy isnt going to be any better than the ones i already have. which is why i ventured into y-3 as opposed to getting into NMD's.

heck the fact that NMDs are doing so well blows my mind because as far as comfort goes theyre the least comfortable full boost shoes out in my opinion. adidas drops boost below and above its price point that feel way better on foot. but thats ignoring hype and thinking more practically, which for the most part is what i do when it comes to trainers/runners.

strange that the pureboost sole doesnt have that problem even though its supposed to have less boost
Yes we want innovation and improvement but companies like adidas will make sure they will milk out their product and make the most of the hype until they release a new product. Futurecrafts could be the successor.

i honestly think the UB sole is durable enough. i've been beating 1 pair for the past 6 months, run-gym-casual. it's still bouncy. i think what you're talking about is just the insole bottoming out. not the boost itself. Feels the same to me.

Also, the pure boost sole is just plush in the heel, very thin on the forefoot- you can barely feel it.
durability is one thing, its not like my soles are falling apart, but there is a very drastic drop off in responsiveness and bounce compared to my brand new retro boosts (pure boost sole) and my ultra boosts with the insole taken out or left in. and its even more apparent when you wear one on each foot. same goes for my rocket boost vs ultra boost, noticeable difference in bounce and responsiveness even though theyve got similar amounts of use. 

I dont trust adidas to make the improvements i want. For example. from the gen 1 UBs to the gen 2 (gradients). Adidas added the continental sole and made the upper full PK which I see as an improvement but honestly they look terrible to me. I hate the gradient pattern. For me shoes need to function well AND look good aesthetically. So for reasons like these people may not want there favorite model "improved". 

That said gen 3s look great and im sold on the burgundys. 
those things you listed are improvements but i would hardly call gen 2 a succession to gen 1. theyre still essentially the same model, same silhouette. im talking about the next shoe in line to improve upon the standard that ultra boost set. like going from the jordan 2 to the jordan 3 (regardless of how you feel about those models in particular 
laugh.gif
).

Yes we want innovation and improvement but companies like adidas will make sure they will milk out their product and make the most of the hype until they release a new product. Futurecrafts could be the successor.
i mean jordan brand is still milking the 1 even though the 31 justt dropped 
laugh.gif

futurecrafts maybe but that still seems more like lateral expansion as opposed to being an actual successor to me

but i guess i cant be mad at adidas for doing what its doing. i love my ultra boost regardless of my complaints, and theyre still selling really well no matter how many colorways they drop. i just dont need more ultra boost aside from replacing the ones i beat down. but for all intents and purposes my ultra boost itch has been scratched with the ones that i own. plust all of the other full boost shoes i wear on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Roshes came out in what, 2012? And they just  released the 2.0 model. I'm not expecting any significant changes for a bit

durability is one thing, its not like my soles are falling apart, but there is a very drastic drop off in responsiveness and bounce compared to my brand new retro boosts (pure boost sole) and my ultra boosts with the insole taken out or left in. and its even more apparent when you wear one on each foot. same goes for my rocket boost vs ultra boost, noticeable difference in bounce and responsiveness even though theyve got similar amounts of use. 

the thing is they're implemented differently and would feel different. the UB is more low to the ground while the pure boost is more Roshe-esque when it comes to build and height. so more compression in the heel. I can barely feel a difference between my beater and a relatively new pair with the insoles taken out.

i guess the changes he's talking about is similar to the yzy 350 v1 and v2. very similar silhouette but the outsole is improved and knit beefed up.

i guess i'd like more arch support and improved fit.

See, that makes no sense to me. How can you say love the shoe for reasons outside hype and not want an updated improved version? They don't have to stop making ultra boosts for them to continue the line and make improvements. One thing I'd would improve on is the boost sole. I'd make them thicker. I've got a variety of different boost shoes, pure boosts, rocket boosts, retro boosts, and none of them bottom out like ultra boosts do after a ton of wear and activity. I've walked, ran, and worked out in 2 out of the 3 ultra boosts I've owned for the past year to year and half and I've done the same with my rocket boosts and my rocket boosts feel more cushioned than the ultra boosts now. I'd also say that as far as comfort goes my new alpha bounces feel more comfortable than the 2 ultra boosts that I've been working out in. Adidas says that the ultra boost have 20% more boost but the boost sole is not as thick. Making them the same thickeness as the pure boost would probably fix that problem. I'd also extend the heel support cup a little bit more towards the arch of the foot for more support like the retro boosts do. I know a lot of you guys have like 20 pairs of ultra boosts though so you probably haven't pushed most of yours to the limits I have with mine
laugh.gif
Technically they have made and updated an improved version. This is from their press release when they dropped the gradients:

"Upgrades include a more supportive fit at the base of the upper and more breathability and flexibility at the top. The Primeknit upper is now knitted with a different tightness to support the foot in all the right places. The outstanding traction remains uncompromised with the addition of Continental Rubber[emoji]8482[/emoji] and a flattened Stretch Web outsole for even more durability."

http://news.adidas.com/US/Latest-Ne...-Boost/s/f9e8354e-a561-4d45-ba68-9e1aea84a677

They also made an ST version with the thicker sole you speak of.

Last edited:
the thing is they're implemented differently and would feel different. the UB is more low to the ground while the pure boost is more Roshe-esque when it comes to build and height. so more compression in the heel. I can barely feel a difference between my beater and a relatively new pair with the insoles taken out.
but my ultra boost were absolutely more comfortable than my pure boosts and rocket boosts when i first got them. my 3rd pair that i dont workout in and just wear casually are more comfortable than my pure boosts and rocket boosts. i understand that they are intended to be different but i have yet to feel a more comfortable adidas shoe than a new pair of ultra boosts, regardless of gen and it was always a pretty obvious over all superiority. for me that feeling has absolutely fallen off with wear. mind you im not a small dude. im 6'4' 240lbs, but my other boosts shoes havent dropped off the same way my ultra boosts have.

Technically they have made and updated an improved version. This is from their press release when they dropped the gradients:

"Upgrades include a more supportive fit at the base of the upper and more breathability and flexibility at the top. The Primeknit upper is now knitted with a different tightness to support the foot in all the right places. The outstanding traction remains uncompromised with the addition of Continental Rubber[emoji]8482[/emoji] and a flattened Stretch Web outsole for even more durability."

http://news.adidas.com/US/Latest-Ne...-Boost/s/f9e8354e-a561-4d45-ba68-9e1aea84a677

They also made an ST version with the thicker sole you speak of.
again none of those are successors to the ultraboost like ive said. im not saying that the ultra boost needs a successor BECAUSE it needs improvements. I'm saying that the ultra boost has been out for awhile now, and adidas hasnt made a successor yet that in theory should have those improvements. i olny mentioned those suggested improvements that i think should carry over because someone else who only wore them casually said they were perfect as is.
interesting. maybe i'm not "big enough" to deplete the cushioning. I'm only 5"9 170
that could very well be a factor, although i dont recommend it for everyone ive deadlifted and squatted in ultraboost multiple times.

Last edited:

again none of those are successors to the ultraboost like ive said. im not saying that the ultra boost needs a successor BECAUSE it needs improvements. I'm saying that the ultra boost has been out for awhile now, and adidas hasnt made a successor yet that in theory should have those improvements.
it's only been out about a year and a half though. that doesn't seem like a very long time to me, especially like i said considering it took nike ~4 years to release a successor to the roshe.

Back
Top Bottom