ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

again none of those are successors to the ultraboost like ive said. im not saying that the ultra boost needs a successor BECAUSE it needs improvements. I'm saying that the ultra boost has been out for awhile now, and adidas hasnt made a successor yet that in theory should have those improvements.
Well considering the hype of these really picked up at the beginning of this year, it would be difficult to say to just have a successor before UBs have fully run their hype. When NMDs first came out, I initially thought they were going to be UB's successor at a 'better' price point. But it looks like the plan is for both shoes to  co-exist since the UB is at a really high price point that folks are still paying for.

Instead of successors, they have just built around the Ultraboost name and came out with shoes like the ST and uncaged. Improvements doesn't necessarily mean come out with a new shoe with a new name. They just did that while giving the consumer the familiarity of the name 'Ultra'.

Also if they were to make something 'better' than an UB, what would be the price point on that? $230?

Last edited:
I think at this point they just need to release more colored boost UB's while making improvements to the knit.  It really is a great shoe already, I would like to see more premium materials more often such as the leather accents.  

Well considering the hype of these really picked up at the beginning of this year, it would be difficult to say to just have a successor before UBs have fully run their hype. When NMDs first came out, I initially thought they were going to be UB's successor at a 'better' price point. But it looks like the plan is for both shoes to  co-exist since the UB is at a really high price point that folks are still paying for.

Instead of successors, they have just built around the Ultraboost name and came out with shoes like the ST and uncaged. Improvements doesn't necessarily mean come out with a new shoe with a new name. They just did that while giving the consumer the familiarity of the name 'Ultra'.

Also if they were to make something 'better' than an UB, what would be the price point on that? $230?
230? I'm out. Lol.

that could very well be a factor, although i dont recommend it for everyone ive deadlifted and squatted in ultraboost multiple times.
Ultra boosts were designed as a premium running shoe. deadlifting and squatting in them would put them in the cross-training category they are not in.

Not saying that the Ultra boosts are perfect and I agree with you that they need improvements, but the items you want them to improve on are not drastic in my eyes to name them something else at the moment.

You didn't provide an option for those who didn't double up.
Then they ain't boostin'
nthat.gif

it's only been out about a year and a half though. that doesn't seem like a very long time to me, especially like i said considering it took nike ~4 years to release a successor to the roshe.
the roshe isnt a performance shoe though right? most popular performance lines get updated yearly with a succsasor

Ultra boosts were designed as a premium running shoe. deadlifting and squatting in them would put them in the cross-training category they are not in.

Not saying that the Ultra boosts are perfect and I agree with you that they need improvements, but the items you want them to improve on are not drastic in my eyes to name them something else at the moment.
again im not saying adidas needs to release a successor BECAUSE the ultra boost needs to be improved. all i mentioned is areas they could be improved in. my list of improvemtns only came into play because some responded with that they were good as is, which is why i commented with my personal experience.  what im saying is 2017 is coming, where is the next big "greatest running shoe ever"? is the "ultra boost" going to only laterally expand or are they going to move forward with a new and improved flagship model.

the roshe isnt a performance shoe though right? most popular performance lines get updated yearly with a succsasor

again im not saying adidas needs to release a successor BECAUSE the ultra boost needs to be improved. all i mentioned is areas they could be improved in. my list of improvemtns only came into play because some responded with that they were good as is, which is why i commented with my personal experience.  what im saying is 2017 is coming, where is the next big "greatest running shoe ever"? is the "ultra boost" going to only laterally expand or are they going to move forward with a new and improved flagship model.
Well seeing their 2017 release it looks like a downward improvement since all they are changing is knit pattern and cage.

glad you are passionate about wanting the UBs to be better but it's difficult to hit Homeruns every year.

Ultra boost's homerun is about ~25+ years from the previous.

you're mainly talking about the boost midsole improving right? along with aesthetic changes on the upper.
im mainly talking about "whats next?". i would assume a successor would pay homage to the original ultraboost aethetically somewhat but would be a better shoe performance wise because 2017 tech>2014 tech.

Well seeing their 2017 release it looks like a downward improvement since all they are changing is knit pattern and cage.

glad you are passionate about wanting the UBs to be better but it's difficult to hit Homeruns every year.

Ultra boost's homerun is about ~25+ years from the previous.
which is what puts me in a weird spot with adidas. i dont want or need 10+ pairs of the same shoe. and if the ultra boost is the best they have to offer then that doesnt leave me with much once ive had my fil.

which is what puts me in a weird spot with adidas. i dont want or need 10+ pairs of the same shoe. and if the ultra boost is the best they have to offer then that doesnt leave me with much once ive had my fil.
Being a long time Adidas fan, I am just glad folks are paying attention to the brand again. Folks are even adjusting their wardrobe to accommodate for their Adidas brand shoes.

I believe Adidas are getting away with making minimal 'improvements' since Nike has yet to respond to the hype of UBs. Once Nike comes out with new tech to compete legitimately with Boost technology, those converts are gonna head right back over to them.

Being a long time Adidas fan, I am just glad folks are paying attention to the brand again. Folks are even adjusting their wardrobe to accommodate for their Adidas brand shoes.

I believe Adidas are getting away with making minimal 'improvements' since Nike has yet to respond to the hype of UBs. Once Nike comes out with new tech to compete legitimately with Boost technology, those converts are gonna head right back over to them.
see the last part is where i dont see eye to eye with alot of people on boost tech. i think its overrated ONLY in terms of OVERALL comfort when compared to other nike shoes. if we're talking casual wear and not performance. lunarlon is extremely comfortable have you ever worn the flyknit chukka?  but huaraches, prestos,sock darts and lots of phylon based offer overall similar levels of comfort. i like to say that if ultra boosts are a 10/10 rating there are plenty of nikes out there that are 9.5-9.8/10. if you listened to the hype people would have you think nike hasnt dropped a comfortable runner since boost came onto the market.

you can get into specifics like weight, or flyknit vs prime knit, or aesthetics if you want, but that essentially comes down to preference. but i mean boost shoes are overrated in the most literal sense of the word when compared to other sneakers. but i can completely understand why the ultra boost "sneaker heads" and trend hoppers can make such a big deal about the comfort cause most of them jumped from the jumpman directly over to boost.

Last edited:

Why would Nike need to respond when they can release the same Jordans every month and sell out over and over again? Crappy strategy, but no need to fix something that isn't broken. The basketball shoe market is much bigger and profitable than the running shoe market.

see the last part is where i dont see eye to eye with alot of people on boost tech. i think its overrated ONLY in terms of OVERALL comfort when compared to other nike shoes. if we're talking casual wear and not performance. lunarlon is extremely comfortable have you ever worn the flyknit chukka?  but huaraches, prestos,sock darts and lots of phylon based offer overall similar levels of comfort. i like to say that if ultra boosts are a 10/10 rating there are plenty of nikes out there that are 9.5-9.8/10. if you listened to the hype people would have you think nike hasnt dropped a comfortable runner since boost came onto the market.
I'm not saying UBs are 10/10 but the hype makes it seem that way. According to these polls folks are wearing these shoes DAILY. Unless people are rotating their shoes out with UBs in the morning and Nikes in the evening, then the poll would not show that.

UBs have def not taken over the runner market, but they are taking up enough of the market share for Nike to take notice.

Why would Nike need to respond when they can release the same Jordans every month and sell out over and over again? Crappy strategy, but no need to fix something that isn't broken. The basketball shoe market is much bigger and profitable than the running shoe market.
True, but people aren't running in Jordans. You can't just flood one market to make up for a loss in another. that's foolish.

Nike Running is one of their biggest markets so to share any hype with Adidas, especially with how dominant they've been in that market vs. Adidas, I would highly doubt they are sitting this one out.

Last edited:

I'm not saying UBs are 10/10 but the hype makes it seem that way. According to these polls folks are wearing these shoes DAILY. Unless people are rotating their shoes out with UBs in the morning and Nikes in the evening, then the poll would not show that.

UBs have def not taken over the runner market, but they are taking up enough of the market share for Nike to take notice.
i mean i would hardly say that the poll isnt biased lol this is an adidas boost thread after all lol and niketalk hardly reflects the opinions of everyone wearing sneakers. niketalk represents enthusiasts.  id say my ultra boost get equal play with the other sneakers in my rotation. maybe a little bit more so because i work out in them. because the primeknit on my core blacks or navys dont show wear like lets say my sulfur air max zeros.

The Racer hype is the one that's overrated. Those things are FAR from what the UBs are. From daily beating to actual running or casual use.

I seriously don't think the UB train is overrated. It deserves all the love it's getting. (the Kanye co-sign obviously pushed the first domino)

The Racer hype is the one that's overrated. Those things are FAR from what the UBs are. From daily beating to actual running or casual use.

I seriously don't think the UB train is overrated. It deserves all the love it's getting. (the Kanye co-sign obviously pushed the first domino)
100% agree on the racers hype

and i dont mean overrated in the sense that theyre not as good as they are. i mean overrated when compared to other runners in terms of comfort. if ultra boosts are a as good as it gets 10/10 hype would tell you that everything else 5/10, when in actuality there are tons of shoes out there that id give a 9.5-9.8/10 if the ultra boost are set a 10 in terms of causal comfort.

Back
Top Bottom