ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And I buy them.
So I don't get complaining about UBs. The Boost line has other models/products. If PBs, NMDs, and Yeezys weren't a thing, you would have a better point. Adidas released the Uncaged UBs and is experimenting with mids.

And exactly why would Adidas drastically change UBs? Their appeal is that UBs are a minimalist design that feel amazing on feet. What changes do you expect them to make?

oh i see what you did. 
adidas tweakrf the knit material and pattern on the 2.0.....so i guess can i compare jordan 1s to the 1.5s.  what about maybe these below.  point is....they missed on the 2.0.  full disclosure:  i own the "triple white" 2.0 and i wear them at home.  don't have the balls to wear them outside. boom. 
jordan-1-flight-4-space-jam.jpg

Exactly this. This abomination you posted might have been good if the Jordan 1 never existed. Biut the Jordan 1 does exist and this other thing is poop. Just like 2.0 UBs.

By your logic, one could argue that nobody would care about UB 1.0 if it wasn't for Pure Boost. This thread wouldn't even exist without PBs, so those should be the true OGs. This is obviously not the case though, but it shows how your argument is flawed.

for me, the boost was not what attracted me. The shape and design of the shoe was what appealed to me. The boost was just a very added bonus that i didnt know existed out there (comfort wise).

I didn't know UBs and PBs shared the same midsole, outsole, cage, heel cup, and shape. I was under the impression that they were completely different models.
Yes, but one came out first and was hyped so that must mean the other one is only liked and bought because of the hype of the first one. That is your argument, right? 

Last edited:
This thread acts just like the NMD thread sometimes man. The only peeps that start these kind of dumb debates are the ones that jumped on the hype train when the 2.0 started picking up lololol The OG heads that've been here just have their tastes and opinions and keep it moving. Hype guys that just got their first pair of 1.0s in the mail recently are always trying to act like their the UB overlords and their option is the general publics opinion. No sir. Take all that to the NMD & Yeezy thread.

This thread acts just like the NMD thread sometimes man. The only peeps that start these kind of dumb debates are the ones that jumped on the hype train when the 2.0 started picking up lololol The OG heads that've been here just have their tastes and opinions and keep it moving. Hype guys that just got their first pair of 1.0s in the mail recently are always trying to act like their the UB overlords and their option is the general publics opinion. No sir. Take all that to the NMD & Yeezy thread.

for me, the boost was not what attracted me. The shape and design of the shoe was what appealed to me. The boost was just a very added bonus that i didnt know existed out there (comfort wise).
See, this is my point. As I said, it's not the case that people only like UBs because of the hype of the PBs, they like 1.0 or 2.0 UBs because they like the shoes, not because of hype of some prior shoe.

Nope it wouldn't be wrong, what's your point though?

adidas isn't presenting these new UBs as UB 2 or UB 3 so the example is irrelevant.
Exactly.   And he's comparing apples to oranges. 

A Lebron model is the not the same as a running / lifestyle shoe.  Jordan model has 1 through 31, Kobe has 1 through 12, Kevin Durant has 1 through 9, etc. 

Nike doesn't come out with a new running shoe every single year, and give it a new number next to its name.  They don't have Flyknit 1, Flyknit 2, etc.  They finally just released a "new" Roshe, which is still very similar to the original that was out for what, 5 years?

See, this is my point. As I said, it's not the case that people only like UBs because of the hype of the PBs, they like 1.0 or 2.0 UBs because they like the shoes, not because of hype of some prior shoe.

Again missing my point. I'm not saying people only like 2.0s cuz of the 1.0 (although that's largely true), I'm saying adidas only made the 2.0 because if the 1.0 hype.

Exactly.   And he's comparing apples to oranges. 

A Lebron model is the not the same as a running / lifestyle shoe.  Jordan model has 1 through 31, Kobe has 1 through 12, Kevin Durant has 1 through 9, etc. 

Nike doesn't come out with a new running shoe every single year, and give it a new number next to its name.  They don't have Flyknit 1, Flyknit 2, etc.  They finally just released a "new" Roshe, which is still very similar to the original that was out for what, 5 years?

Ever heard of Air Max?

Again missing my point. I'm not saying people only like 2.0s cuz of the 1.0 (although that's largely true), I'm saying adidas only made the 2.0 because if the 1.0 hype.
That doesn't even make sense though?

Adidas ONLY made the 2.0s.... because of the 1.0 hype?  How about Adidas made the 2.0's because they like to make money.  

It would be lazier of Adidas to not change anything, and keep making the 1.0's than it would to design and manufacture new models / changes. 

My friend loves his new UBs but he's wondering now if there's anything out there as comfy but maybe a bit more stylish

I told him I have no idea

nike does do this tho. even wit flyknits

nike does do this tho. even wit flyknits
They don't call the Flyknit Racers different model numbers, or really even change anything.  Its online that people refer to the "Multi color 1.0's" or "multi color 2.0's" or "multi color 3.0's"   To Nike... they are Flyknit Racers.  They've made small changes over the years, like changing the thread material - but that is exactly what Adidas did with the UB's.  They changed small things like Continental sole vs. original, or mesh vs primeknit around the achilles, but it doesn't make it a brand new model. 

Haha mate, if I'm missing your point then what's that comment between the brackets? 

Nope it wouldn't be wrong, what's your point though?

adidas isn't presenting these new UBs as UB 2 or UB 3 so the example is irrelevant.

It's been THREE years tho, Tank. That's my point.

If we're being technical it still hasn't even been 2 years since the UB debuted in early 2015.

Regardless, I don't see why them being a couple years old means adidas should move on.

I still like Air Max 90s and Nike still produces them.

If/when adidas does a UB 2 I'll be very curious and will most likely cop but will probably continue buying og UBs that adidas continues to make nonetheless.

I think the model still has a long way to go.

Last edited:

They don't call the Flyknit Racers different model numbers, or really even change anything.  Its online that people refer to the "Multi color 1.0's" or "multi color 2.0's" or "multi color 3.0's"   To Nike... they are Flyknit Racers.  They've made small changes over the years, like changing the thread material - but that is exactly what Adidas did with the UB's.  They changed small things like Continental sole vs. original, or mesh vs primeknit around the achilles, but it doesn't make it a brand new model. 
racers isnt nikes only flyknit model. you know nike does make flyknit 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0

Back
Top Bottom