ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Adidas knocked it out the park man. They are killing it right now. I can't believe some are tired of it already.
It's fine for some people to be tired lol.

Neither brand has been particularly revolutionary in the past few years on the scale that matters.

Every innovation has been dipping their toes in the water with no explanation or actual timeline for getting these amazing rare products to be the everyday (recylced material boosts adidas, auto lace tech from nike)

People liked nmds because of their limited nature initially, now there are more colors of those then ultraboosts in less than a years time. so the hype ones are bored, but their always bored.

Sneaker culture is getting in this really weird place where people getting bored isn't surprising, I'm just waiting for the bubble to burst so grails are cheaper, and the companies are willing to experiment more, at least on these smaller scales.

Some of y'all expecting too much from Adidas.

They just became relevant or even remotely relevant vs. Nike just about a year-year and a half ago.

For them to be at an approaching 3.0 in a successful model is a big accomplishment.

They kind of did themselves in with a price point of $180. It'll only go up higher from there when they come out with the "better/updated" UB model or new flagship shoe.
It's weird as a European to hear stuff like Adidas only became relevant recently as Adidas has been such a big brand over here for so long. Must be an American thing.

adidas is milking it tho by releasing the same colorways carried over to the next knit pattern. but i see that as giving newly introduced people a chance to buy the old colorway on a new knit pattern 
Every sneaker brand does this.

nike releases every jordan model in black and red and is now cycling through all 30 models.

Do you remember how many all red shoes we saw in 2014 from Nike alone?

Or how many different multi color everythings we saw?

Or how many older models are getting flyknit put on?

Nomad is easier to type when on autocorrect.
If you type in nmd you have to touch the screen 4 times total. 3 for the letters and once to hit the little X before it auto-corrects. If you type in nomad thats pressing the screen 5 times. How does it make it easier?

It's weird as a European to hear stuff like Adidas only became relevant recently as Adidas has been such a big brand over here for so long. Must be an American thing.
Adidas is still big here.

Has been, people confuse hype and big and use them interchangeably all the time.

Adidas relevancy in regards to urban/lifestyle wear. I well aware of their identity internationally and the Nike vs. Adidas or any kind of rivalry of that kind is truly an American thing.

This is just your opinion. I was in on UBs quite early and am a huge fan of the 1.0, but I really like the 3.0 too and feel like it can exist right alongside the 1.0. I'm really excited they've introduced a new knit actually, with new design options.

Sorry it's not UB. The shoe is actually called Ultra Boost.

Is Winnsport legit?
Is RevUp legit?
Is KDAK legit. Only question that matters right now
grin.gif

Adidas relevancy in regards to urban/lifestyle wear. I well aware of their identity internationally and the Nike vs. Adidas or any kind of rivalry of that kind is truly an American thing.
adidas has been relevant in urban lifestyle wear.

Stan smiths weren't hype but they were never trash, sambas are a staple in middle america,

And going into the heart of that word urban.

when have   or   NOT been present?

Every sneaker brand does this.

nike releases every jordan model in black and red and is now cycling through all 30 models.

Do you remember how many all red shoes we saw in 2014 from Nike alone?

Or how many different multi color everythings we saw?

Or how many older models are getting flyknit put on?
thats why nike has lost a lot of steam. theyre constantly milking almost everything. adidas came in as somewhat as a new attractive brand and provided a lot of first time wearers so the creativity was there for them. adidas gonna head down the same path as nike eventually

ah ok gotcha. As a born and bred londoner, Adidas has always been a staple of urbanwear here. From the casuals wearing Munichs to run DMC wearing superstars to britpop darlings blur and supermodel kate moss wearing gazelles, Adidas was always just massive here. 

thats why nike has lost a lot of steam. theyre constantly milking almost everything. adidas came in as somewhat as a new attractive brand and provided a lot of first time wearers so the creativity was there for them. adidas gonna head down the same path as nike eventually
Nike has not lost ANY steam, they are seeing their strongest quarters in history.

Don't put opinion in. 

use hard numbers.

your OPINION is that they lost HYPE, STATUS and or FASHION FORWARDNESS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom