ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got the Lux in, these things is pretty :lol:

I love the handshake on the tongue tab instead of dual adidas performance logos, this is definitely my favorite detail. The insole is pretty crazy because the consortium branding is stamped dowm a good amount so there’s a weird texture to the insole but I bet it will feel nice while walking around.

The suede is very nice, the pattern is great, the colors are excellent. I said I didn’t mind the plastic cage and heelcup but once getting these in hand the overall look would’ve added benifited a lot from a leather cage a heelcup, but I’m not mad about it because the colors go so well together.

The outsole is a Mystery Grey color which ties the shoe together so well imo, more so than if they used the stantard black outsole.

Overall presentation and design is a 9.9/10, only way it could’ve been improved is if they have a leather cage/heelcup.

96F8581A-08CD-479F-B6C4-0283DB16FAE9.jpeg
D8A50792-1A3A-470D-B8A4-2A60CB484F76.jpeg
6610F8F3-8FCE-46AC-9A9C-E4C48CE13DB1.jpeg

yeah the grey outsole on the Lux are nice. Not a fan of rope laces on UB's and the white flats look a little off. Don't know what to put on them yet, maybe cream laces. Wish the Lux came with the black consortium box that the original SS x SNS came in. Speaking of that box, noticed that the AMM NMD black box has the adidas trefoil logo (because NMD is an Originals) and the AMM UB black box has the adidas performance logo (because UB is in the performance line), cool little detail they switched up. Thought they would just be lazy and reuse the same black box

How do they look in person. Pics make them look different on every site it seems like.
Pulled out my triple gray Qasa for comparison. They're a slightly warmer tonal gray than the Y3, and a bit more monochrome as well (you can see a slight shade variation on the Qasa materials). The day is overcast, so you're getting pretty even natural light in these phone pics:
Snapseed.jpg
Snapseed 2.jpg
Snapseed.jpg

That plastic cage absolutely ruins the Lux. Would've been a must have with leather or something more premium. The color of the plastic cage makes it worse. Someone in the design room should've spoke up.

nah. cage doesnt take anthing away.

its like human nature for us to not have perfect things. I wonder if i can get one customed on though

That plastic cage absolutely ruins the Lux. Would've been a must have with leather or something more premium. The color of the plastic cage makes it worse. Someone in the design room should've spoke up.
Exactly why I passed. The color of the cage ruins the shoe for me. Everything else is perfect though.

Someone said it was reminiscent of the coloring on action figures during the 90’s and now I can’t unsee. Like some ninja turtle or he-man accessories

If Adidas wants to make a premium version of their runners, then do it. Don't cut corners. There are too many releases and I need to be picky. For the record, I'm all here for these suede, leather and premium versions. Makes them so much easier to wear at my job.

Im thankful adidas has a consortium/collab stream... they should probably just stop releasing attempts at GR colorways because they all seem kind of basic

- keep the tw/b/tb/grey/whatever basic colorways of course

Ya srs - I just mean like all the random *** UBs that sit on their site forever... eg 40 different uncaged colorways.... seems wasteful.

Back
Top Bottom