ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sizes?
10s across the board. Thats how you know it was OGs.. bought them NMDs before anyone knew PK was stretchy AF. LOL

Im in the same boat...  I've thought about it and I am going to slowly just get rid of pairs that I havent worn in months...  UBs are my daily and planning on just wearing them down...  
Yea man... I wear Diadora mostly, and Boost the other times. 

10s across the board. Thats how you know it was OGs.. bought them NMDs before anyone knew PK was stretchy AF. LOL

My size
nthat.gif

what up y'all, got a quick question. I'm trying to get a relative on the UB train but they have wide feet so when they tried it on they complained that they didn't think the knit would stretch enough to accommodate their wide feet over time and it was kind of tight

..can anyone with wide feet say that the ultra boost was comfie for them over time? or are they better off with a different shoe w/ boost

Yeah, I wear mostly boost and my asics...  

Why does it have to be my size...  Your shoes... lol

what up y'all, got a quick question. I'm trying to get a relative on the UB train but they have wide feet so when they tried it on they complained that they didn't think the knit would stretch enough to accommodate their wide feet over time and it was kind of tight

..can anyone with wide feet say that the ultra boost was comfie for them over time? or are they better off with a different shoe w/ boost
It will loosen up a little, but not a drastic change.  I removed the insoles from mine which helped a lot, and I also stretch my out manually using a glass jar to help with the tight ankle opening.  Obviously most non-sneakerheads don't want to deal with this kind of stuff.  One option would be the UB ST which has a traditional tongue rather than sock opening and can be adjusted for a looser fit.

Been meaning to try plain white ropes on my OG whites, waiting for them to come in. 

Not a big fan of the non-plain rope laces but the best i've seen is on the OG royals and 3Ms.
Damn you!!!

Happy with rope laces on my end. Flat 3ms look like tape to me.
Where did you get those laces? I got some 3M whites for my 2.0s but the 3M is too dark for my taste.

Last edited:
Think I am getting out the game... 

Everyone's situation is different. But I will say (tongue in cheek) that you're never really out. You just go dormant/into hibernation. (was my case, for years prior to returning to it)

Boost is certainly a big component in stoking that flame for me right now though.

Last edited:
Trying to buy a pair of core blacks. Any thoughts on which one I should buy (1.0 vs 2.0)?

Trying to buy a pair of core blacks. Any thoughts on which one I should buy (1.0 vs 2.0)?
Most will say 1.0...  Really depends on you...  You can get 2.0 for retail but you would have to hunt down 1.0 if you go that route... 

Whichever one you like more.

That being said I see nothing wrong with the knit pattern on the 2.0, it's different but not bad.

Just got my core black 1.0s in...wow. best shoe out without a doubt. Now waiting for white 1.0s to come in later in the week. I'm curious how the 2.0 and the uncaged fit in comparison because these 1.0s are an amazing fit in my TTS.

I would say the 1.0s are more aesthetically pleasing and look better overall, but I appreciate the performance upgrades in the 2.0 with the new pattern (more breathable vamp), updated fit, full Primeknit upper and Continental outsole. Having said that, it comes down to whichever one you like the look of more.

Last edited:
Just got my core black 1.0s in...wow. best shoe out without a doubt. Now waiting for white 1.0s to come in later in the week. I'm curious how the 2.0 and the uncaged fit in comparison because these 1.0s are an amazing fit in my TTS.
from what i've seen, the general consensus seems to be that the CB 1.0's and OG Whites fit a little more tight compared to the 2.0's.

but since TTS is an amazing fit for you, you should be good across the board for others by staying TTS. no idea about the upcoming uncaged socks though.

It's the nature of the sneaker. It's made for running. It WILL be snug and needs time to break in and even then it will still fit you like a glove which some people need to get used to or just won't like altogether. Also UB fit different depending on the color way.

My foot is wider than whoever you're referring to, trust me. And my core black 1.0 fit great but it I went up .5 and it took a few wears to break them in.

Now my 1.0 whites still need time to break in (2 short wears) but for the moment I am almost forced to take out the insoles because they are much more snug than my core blacks were when I got them. I would rather not have to remove the insoles tbh. They feel a bit more like the NMD when you take the insoles out to me. Which is still fine but just a shame IMO.

I see so many comments/questions regarding the knit change on the 2.0. The primary reason Adidas changed the knit pattern is because it gives them a knitting pattern that works perfectly with multiple colors, patterns and gradient color schemes. If you apply color stripping to the 1.0 pattern it looks out of place-if you apply a gradient color pattern to the 2.0 if aligns perfectly with the exsiting knitting pattern-looks fluid. All these different color ways and patterns mean more new releases and that equals more cash. The 1.0 knit pattern only works with tonal CWs.

I see so many comments/questions regarding the knit change on the 2.0. The primary reason Adidas changed the knit pattern is because it gives them a knitting pattern that works perfectly with multiple colors, patterns and gradient color schemes. If you apply color stripping to the 1.0 pattern it looks out of place-if you apply a gradient color pattern to the 2.0 if aligns perfectly with the exsiting knitting pattern-looks fluid. All these different color ways and patterns mean more new releases and that equals more cash. The 1.0 knit pattern only works with tonal CWs.

lol if u say so

Maybe but of all the new gradients, the tonal ones are the only ones selling while the colorful ones are sitting on shelves.  Not saying you're wrong but if that was the plan it was a dumb one.  And given that the 2017's ditch the gradient, it seems that Adidas realizes that.

Maybe but of all the new gradients, the tonal ones are the only ones selling while the colorful ones are sitting on shelves.  Not saying you're wrong but if that was the plan it was a dumb one.  And given that the 2017's ditch the gradient, it seems that Adidas realizes that.

Yup.

Couple weeks ago, when y'all were getting steals on the Y3 on matches.... how much did it end up costing?

Back
Top Bottom