ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the finishline release schedule page has the metallic shiny finish. im confused
Not the first time Adidas makes some changes just a minute before sales.

Have a feeling maybe initially they were planning to go with metallic then felt that there were bound to be peeling issues so they stopped last minute to produce in matt silver and matt bronze instead.

Maybe the gold already started production before having issues.

That's just my gut feeling on what caused it to have some changes.

Just like Multicolor was "supposed" to be red sole and changed back to white, and white heel cup to red.

We've only seen in hand pics of the shiny heelcup so I'm pretty sure this is just some intern running their account that has no idea what's going on.
Endclothing's own shots were matt too though, adds to the confusion.

Although most early pairs were shiny silver.

Just blacked out the boost on my gradient Core Black 2.0s. Couldn't stand the discolored Boost any longer. Not bad
smokin.gif
nice..you use leather dye on the boost?

nice..you use leather dye on the boost?

Nope. I used acrylic model paint I had lying around (I'm a frustrated scale modeler :lol: ). Cleaned the Boost with acetone first and laid down a coat of primer. Laid down three coats of black acrylic paint, and topped it all with matte acrylic varnish. Used an airbrush for a more even application. Curious to see how everything holds up. Chances are these will still crack. Oh well. Lol.

More accurate color of them
View media item 2134858

Last edited:
Nope. I used acrylic model paint I had lying around (I'm a frustrated scale modeler
laugh.gif
). Cleaned the Boost with acetone first and laid down a coat of primer. Laid down three coats of black acrylic paint, and topped it all with matte acrylic varnish. Curious to see how everything holds up. Lol.
looks good man..i feel like the boost is porous enough for the paint to hold up nicely

Last edited:

Not the first time Adidas makes some changes just a minute before sales.

Have a feeling maybe initially they were planning to go with metallic then felt that there were bound to be peeling issues so they stopped last minute to produce in matt silver and matt bronze instead.

Maybe the gold already started production before having issues.

That's just my gut feeling on what caused it to have some changes.

Just like Multicolor was "supposed" to be red sole and changed back to white, and white heel cup to red.
I'm beginning to think maybe the UK is getting the matte heel cup for the Silver Medals and the US is getting the metallic chrome heel cup. That or they are just using the wrong pictures. I can almost guarantee that the US is getting the shiny silver heel cup though since many Finish Lines already received stock of them in stores. I have yet to see an in hand shot of the matte cups on the Silver Medals.

yeah if i land the gold medals and there is anything egregiously bad quality wise i will just return them or flip them for retail to some one.

since i am not looking to resell for profit and just looking to wear them...the excess glue isn't too big of an issue. Now if the heel starts to dull quickly we may have an issue :lol:

I just came across these pics of FAKE Gold Medals and I can't believe how much better the knit design on the fakes is compared to the authentic. They really threw little glitter pieces in the knit to make it pop. Why couldn't Adidas do this?? 
mean.gif
because that would ruin the shoe IMO...  I think it would make them gaudy like the silver pair

There any chance these Reigning Champs collabs are old and won't ever see a release? Not only is the design 'OGish' but it's also got a mesh ankle upper which I find strange

There any chance these Reigning Champs collabs are old and won't ever see a release? Not only is the design 'OGish' but it's also got a mesh ankle upper which I find strange
They are not old.  RC samples were produced in June.  Collabs will still use the OG knit.

Any og NT member around here have a GOAT account with the lowest consignment rate and can help a Canadian sell a pair of shoes?

Back
Top Bottom