ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there are quite a few posters from California here.   Random question but, I'm flying into John Wayne airport on Wednesday for a quick work trip.  Staying in Costa Mesa.  

Anything to see/eat in the general vicinity?  Don't have a lot of time.  Basically get in Wednesday around 530pm, then leave the next afternoon. 

I think there are quite a few posters from California here.   Random question but, I'm flying into John Wayne airport on Wednesday for a quick work trip.  Staying in Costa Mesa.  

Anything to see/eat in the general vicinity?  Don't have a lot of time.  Basically get in Wednesday around 530pm, then leave the next afternoon. 
South Coast Plaza will have almost everything you need. Literally a 10 min drive. As far as food, not sure what you are looking for but everything is close.

That Mastermind RF EQT is lazy as hell. ****** materials, nothing special about it. The Mastermind XR1's looks like a labor of love in comparison

South Coast Plaza will have almost everything you need. Literally a 10 min drive. As far as food, not sure what you are looking for but everything is close.
Two Birds has a good chicken sandwich  off of Michelson right by the airport.....nearest sneaker Boutique will be Blends at the LAB in costa mesa. Adidas store at South Coast Plaza as well. 

Two Birds has a good chicken sandwich  off of Michelson right by the airport.....nearest sneaker Boutique will be Blends at the LAB in costa mesa. Adidas store at South Coast Plaza as well. 

Actually tried Two Birds this past Saturday but it was nothing special...

Is it just me or do most of the early pics YM post of UBs look like fakes with the straight vertical heel shape?
That's because they're from the adidas catalog and they're computer generated, not the actual product and usually the colors are way different once the shoe is actually produced

Quote:
Actually tried Two Birds this past Saturday but it was nothing special...
You have to venture into Santa Ana, Westminster, etc to get some solid food. Most things around John Wayne are overpriced.

Last edited:

Diamond Jamboree a bunch of asian food! More specifically eat at Cocos Curry House if your into Japanese Curry but they have a bunch of other options within the area! 

Quote:

You have to venture into Santa Ana/Westminster to get some solid food. Pretty much any city not near John Wayne.
Oh yeah for sure. I totally agree. Haven't been to Playground in a while.

@turbospartan

-Playground (Santa Ana): a solid choice but making a reservation is recommended

-Vaca (Costa Mesa): Spanish tapas - very awesome - make a reservation for sure unless you go in early

-Taco Maria (Costa Mesa): Very worthy of a visit. Other restaurants and little shops to visit in the same location.

-Kaisen Sushi (Costa Mesa): Revolving sushi restaurant and solid price for good quality sushi

-Ango Tei (Costa Mesa): Bomb *** sushi. Their sweet shrimp boat and house roll are amazing. Small restaurant so you should make a reservation

-Kitakata (Costa Mesa ): Good ramen

-South Coast Plaza is a big *** shopping mall and one of the nicest you'll see around in California. Worth a visit if you like shopping.

You should try this place called "Chicken Maison" https://www.yelp.com/biz/chicken-maison-santa-ana?osq=Chicken+Maison

The food is really good and the prices are legit too, I eat there all the time.  

It's also really close to South Coast Plaza which has a House of Hoops FTL and an Adidas store. 

Diamond Jamboree a bunch of asian food! More specifically eat at Cocos Curry House if your into Japanese Curry but they have a bunch of other options within the area! 

Oh yeah for sure. I totally agree. Haven't been to Playground in a while.

@turbospartan

-Playground (Santa Ana): a solid choice but making a reservation is recommended

-Vaca (Costa Mesa): Spanish tapas - very awesome - make a reservation for sure unless you go in early

-Taco Maria (Costa Mesa): Very worthy of a visit. Other restaurants and little shops to visit in the same location.

-Kaisen Sushi (Costa Mesa): Revolving sushi restaurant and solid price for good quality sushi

-Ango Tei (Costa Mesa): Bomb *** sushi. Their sweet shrimp boat and house roll are amazing. Small restaurant so you should make a reservation

-Kitakata (Costa Mesa ): Good ramen

-South Coast Plaza is a big *** shopping mall and one of the nicest you'll see around in California. Worth a visit if you like shopping.
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. 

Looks like I'm staying less than 3 miles from South Coast Plaza mall, so I'll probably look for something around there. 

Last edited:

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. 

Looks like I'm staying less than 3 miles from South Coast Plaza mall, so I'll probably look for something around there. 
Halal Guys is also nearby if you haven't tried them before 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom