adidas BOUNCE thread - AlphaBOUNCE, ProBOUNCE, ExplosiveBOUNCE, MadBOUNCE, etc...

Ended up copping those CNYs with a discount code. Curious to see how that mesh upper feels compared to the neoprene/EM uppers.

So going back to someones topic that these are extremely slippery.... well they were right, I ate Sh** the other night at the club 
roll.gif

Switching over from Nikes to Adidas for first time. I know the sizing question has been asked a million times, but if anyone has any idea what size I should get when coming from a size 10 in most Nike shoes to one of the new Alphabounce em it would be greatly appreciated.

Damn, AlphaBounce already retail for $100, why does it need a takedown model?

NMDs makes sense because it's very popular and sells out in second along with UBs but AlphaBounce doesn't really move at retail.

NMDs makes sense because it's very popular and sells out in second along with UBs but AlphaBounce doesn't really move at retail.

Maybe that's the case for us but I'm starting the alpha bounce in more and more stores on more and more shelves. With sneaker heads they may not be all that popular but they must be doing decently at the store front level for the average joes that come in looking for sneakers. Explains why they doubled down on the colorways and the EM versions.

Maybe that's the case for us but I'm starting the alpha bounce in more and more stores on more and more shelves. With sneaker heads they may not be all that popular but they must be doing decently at the store front level for the average joes that come in looking for sneakers. Explains why they doubled down on the colorways and the EM versions.

They're sitting though and not selling out, the only one that sold well were the Aramis colorway but after the first two weeks when people noticed it wasn't going to be selling out like yeezys, then it started sitting on the shelves too.

I also don't think they really doubled down on colorways, there was already a lot to begin with and most of it only disappeared when it went on sale. They also had a bunch of Spring17 colorways projected to release.

And I think the EM was already planned when the shoe first released because it took like a month for the EMs to leak.

To me, it just doesn't make sense to have a $75 takedown model for a $100 shoes that goes on sale, hell I got my grey EMs when Adidas had their 30% F&F sale which happens often enough. That takedown model better be $30 and be sold at Sears/JC Penney to make any sense :lol:

They're sitting though and not selling out, the only one that sold well were the Aramis colorway but after the first two weeks when people noticed it wasn't going to be selling out like yeezys, then it started sitting on the shelves too.

I also don't think they really doubled down on colorways, there was already a lot to begin with and most of it only disappeared when it went on sale. They also had a bunch of Spring17 colorways projected to release.

And I think the EM was already planned when the shoe first released because it took like a month for the EMs to leak.

To me, it just doesn't make sense to have a $75 takedown model for a $100 shoes that goes on sale, hell I got my grey EMs when Adidas had their 30% F&F sale which happens often enough. That takedown model better be $30 and be sold at Sears/JC Penney to make any sense :lol:

What I meant was maybe these were produced to be shelf fillers for adidas. Increased brand presence Like huaraches or roshes for Nike. The kind of shoe that a regular Joe Shmoe walks into the mall looking for a pair of sneakers to buy. Which explains the price point and wide availability. A shoe can sell well and consistently without "selling out" especially if the shoe isn't intended to be a one off release type of thing and produced in high mass quantities. I don't think the alpha bounce was ever supposed to be a hyped shoe like an ultraboost and i don't think adidas or their marketing people ever planned for it to be that way either. But their purpose is to get more adidas on to more people feet.

Last edited:
I mean I honestly think the AB is a somewhat of a response to the UBs popularity just like the Tubular Shadows are for the Yeezys.

And honestly, outside of the yeezys, I don't really think Adidas makes shoes to be "hype" shoes, they are just throwing things out there and see what people responds to or what Kanye wears.

UltraBoost was definitely not meant to be a hyped shoes, they were sitting for a good second there until it just took off.

And yes the shoes doens't have to sell out to sell well but usually those are what gets the takedown models, to get something similar because they can't get what they really wanted. What is the point of an AB takedown model when they can still get the ABs at close to the same price as the takedowns?

If the 3stripes really want shoe store presence, then they should improve their distribution and put some of the much acclaimed bball shoes they make on the stores. Even their main stores get very limited numbers and colors and it's not like Adidas' sizing is consistent all the time.

I mean I honestly think the AB is a somewhat of a response to the UBs popularity just like the Tubular Shadows are for the Yeezys.

And honestly, outside of the yeezys, I don't really think Adidas makes shoes to be "hype" shoes, they are just throwing things out there and see what people responds to or what Kanye wears.

UltraBoost was definitely not meant to be a hyped shoes, they were sitting for a good second there until it just took off.

And yes the shoes doens't have to sell out to sell well but usually those are what gets the takedown models, to get something similar because they can't get what they really wanted. What is the point of an AB takedown model when they can still get the ABs at close to the same price as the takedowns?

If the 3stripes really want shoe store presence, then they should improve their distribution and put some of the much acclaimed bball shoes they make on the stores. Even their main stores get very limited numbers and colors and it's not like Adidas' sizing is consistent all the time.

I think where we differ in opinion is the motivation behind buying shoes like alpha bounces and tubulars shadows. Although I agree we can see where the inspiration comes from for both of those models, I don't think adidas' plan for them was to just be a consolation prize for missing out on their upper tier hyped sneakers, although I'm sure that's case for a percentage of their sales. Your view still centers around sneakerheads and sneaker culture people as being the focal point of their strategy. Which I don't believe is the case because the average(and majority of) sneaker consumer isn't a sneaker head and probably hasn't even given a thought to yeezys or ultra boosts. But what the average consumer does see is trends and that low,runner type sneakers are dominating shelf space at every sneaker store/shoe department they go to. So when it comes time for that person to walk into a store and choose their next shoe, shelf fillers are what matters. And since those types of people are the ones who shop at these stores daily and make up the bulk of sales I'd have to believe that's who adidas wants to cater to with these lower tier shoes. I think it's more of adidas attempt to tap into the athliesire market which is booming right now.

Last edited:
Athleisure market has been booming for years now and they have tapped into it with UBs, NMDs, etc... It's also evident when they stopped discounting their Tiro pants at the outlets, its not til recently that they stopped excluding it from their promotions. So i don't think this is simply their attempt to tap into this market, they've been in the middle of it for a while now.

I completely get what you are saying but to me it still makes little sense because most store still has a small space for Adidas and they are already filled with ABs, Tubulars, Stan Smiths, etc... They aren't nike that takes up two walls at Footlocker and not to mention HoHs. Adidas doesn't need shelf fillers, they have enough shoes sitting on the shelves.

And I do think Adidas sees them as a consolation price for being unable to buy UBs or Yeezys or NMDs, any sale on them is good and I am sure there is a number of sales there that just likes the shoes and buys them and that is a plus for them but I definitely do think it is a response to the more popular models selling out.

I'd also believe it more if these shoes are moving but they simply aren't, at least not as much as they hoped after speaking to several Foot-store employees and some managers. This is supposedly one of the main reasons they do not carry Adidas bball shoes like the Crazy Explosives, Crazy Lights, DRose7s, etc... Interest on them are low and they aren't selling too well. Even the budget model Lillards wasn't stocked well in stores, the only bball shoes they are actually sending out a good amount of are the Hardens. I really hope these all change because they make spectacular basketball shoes.

At the end of the day I understand Adidas' reasoning but it makes no sense for the ABs, at least not to me. For NMDs and UBs, I completely get it although UB really already have their whole running line from Adidas as a UB takedown and no one is buying them :lol: I just wished their resources are used elsewhere.

Switching over from Nikes to Adidas for first time. I know the sizing question has been asked a million times, but if anyone has any idea what size I should get when coming from a size 10 in most Nike shoes to one of the new Alphabounce em it would be greatly appreciated.
What size are you in let's say dunks?

I'd recommend going 1/2 size down from your Nike size. I'm a 12 in almost all Nikes. And comfortably wear an 11.5 in AlphaBounce.

Anyone heard anything at all about a European release for the EMs? Utterly stupid we're having to wait this long.

Back
Top Bottom